• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

thanks for your advice and acknowledgement. appreciated.

you say it goes away with time.. is your anhedonia still present? how long did it take to see definite improvement? it's weighing me down so bad. i keep obsessively comparing how i felt now to before. its like day and night, i feel like a different human being.. everything that gave me so much joy before now feels empty. its like everything that made me who i am has been wiped out. I'm just going through the motions now playing the part of who i was before.

i find it hard to accept that the headaches i'm having are entirely down to anxiety.. it's a constant physical feeling, so intense. its there no matter whether my anxiety is present or not. it's like someones pulling my hair back, like i've got this tension all over my scalp all the time.. like my heads trapped in a vice. i've never felt anything like it. i'm really scared that it won't go away.

the thought of feeling this way for six, twelve, eighteen months is really unbearable. i can't enjoy work, life, romance, or anything any more. i know it's counterproductive to obsess over brain damage etc, and possibilities of permanent damage, but it's really hard not to.

Well before I say how long it took me for my anhedonia to clear up just be aware that everybody is different. A lot of people don't even get anhedonia. My situation might not be the same as yours, my brain might be super pre-disposed to depression and anhedonia so mine might take longer than yours.

so yeah I still have a bit of lingering anhedonia. I'm missing that zest for life and the super excitement that is normal. Just missing a bit though. Most of the anhedonia went away around like month 9-11. It seemed to clear up pretty quickly too, but before it cleared it was basically a flatline until that point. I learned how to enjoy life in other ways though since the pleasure wasn't there. Learned how to achieve things even when depressed and not getting pleasure, etc, so overall still learned some valuable lessons and made a lot of progress in my life and behaviors.

btw for definite improvement it seems to come in cycles, like 3 months in I noticed a huge boost in everything. cognitive abilities, mood, etc. at month 6-7 same thing, huge boost that basically happened over the course of a week. then another 3 month flatline until month 9-10 when I came back to like 99%. Now I feel almost normal but still have lingering low level depression and anxiety. Nothing that stops me from doing what I want, just annoying and making things harder than they should be.

Just trust me that it is anxiety dude. Read through the recent posts and try to find the one where I talk about conditional anxiety and pervasive anxiety. That should help you get a better understanding of the new form of anxiety that you'll be feeling while you recover.

and yeah man, this experinece definitely is a hell that you wouldn't want to put on your worst enemy. As crazy as it sounds, it really will help you out in the long run. The negativity and hellish type of experience really pushes you to get your life in order and walk a fine and narrow line. In the long run, the span of decades, the things we learn during these few years will be worth the heavy price we paid to learn them. for example I've learned to eat healthy, regulalry meditate, regularly exercise, visit friends regularly, etc. those are just a few but I've learned like a hundred different things about how to live better and treat my life with the respect that it deserves. And I'd always wanted to do those things before but I never could bring myself to do them regularly until this hellish experience basically forced me to do them. It's not clear that there are benefits until your mood starts to get better which takes quite a few months. Just focus on getting a routine down and passing the time. Once you get a good routine going the time will fly by.

you won't feel the way you do now for very much longer. the first mont is the worst. the 2nd month is a little less bad but still shit. near the end of month 3 though you'll start to notice a massive improvement. months 3-6 is just like minor annoying shit. and months 6-10 are even more minor. BTW seems like if you are young it only lasts 6-7 months, but if you are like 25+ then its like 9-12 months. so yeah man just hang in there, you'll be out of the woods soon enough.

and don't think about not obsessing over brain damage, etc. Like dont try and fight it or force the thought down. Just realize that when you have those thoughts it's anxiety flaring up and do what you can to figure out what is making your anxiety flare up and deal with that so you can return to your base level of anxiety.

Just trust me 100% its not permanent, its not brain damage, etc. It's just anxiety.

google how to lower anxiety and see if you can do some of those practices and get some relief that way.

Well before I say how long it took me for my anhedonia to clear up just be aware that everybody is different. A lot of people don't even get anhedonia. My situation might not be the same as yours, my brain might be super pre-disposed to depression and anhedonia so mine might take longer than yours.

so yeah I still have a bit of lingering anhedonia. I'm missing that zest for life and the super excitement that is normal. Just missing a bit though. Most of the anhedonia went away around like month 9-11. It seemed to clear up pretty quickly too, but before it cleared it was basically a flatline until that point. I learned how to enjoy life in other ways though since the pleasure wasn't there. Learned how to achieve things even when depressed and not getting pleasure, etc, so overall still learned some valuable lessons and made a lot of progress in my life and behaviors.

btw for definite improvement it seems to come in cycles, like 3 months in I noticed a huge boost in everything. cognitive abilities, mood, etc. at month 6-7 same thing, huge boost that basically happened over the course of a week. then another 3 month flatline until month 9-10 when I came back to like 99%. Now I feel almost normal but still have lingering low level depression and anxiety. Nothing that stops me from doing what I want, just annoying and making things harder than they should be.

Just trust me that it is anxiety dude. Read through the recent posts and try to find the one where I talk about conditional anxiety and pervasive anxiety. That should help you get a better understanding of the new form of anxiety that you'll be feeling while you recover.

and yeah man, this experinece definitely is a hell that you wouldn't want to put on your worst enemy. As crazy as it sounds, it really will help you out in the long run. The negativity and hellish type of experience really pushes you to get your life in order and walk a fine and narrow line. In the long run, the span of decades, the things we learn during these few years will be worth the heavy price we paid to learn them. for example I've learned to eat healthy, regulalry meditate, regularly exercise, visit friends regularly, etc. those are just a few but I've learned like a hundred different things about how to live better and treat my life with the respect that it deserves. And I'd always wanted to do those things before but I never could bring myself to do them regularly until this hellish experience basically forced me to do them. It's not clear that there are benefits until your mood starts to get better which takes quite a few months. Just focus on getting a routine down and passing the time. Once you get a good routine going the time will fly by.

you won't feel the way you do now for very much longer. the first mont is the worst. the 2nd month is a little less bad but still shit. near the end of month 3 though you'll start to notice a massive improvement. months 3-6 is just like minor annoying shit. and months 6-10 are even more minor. BTW seems like if you are young it only lasts 6-7 months, but if you are like 25+ then its like 9-12 months. so yeah man just hang in there, you'll be out of the woods soon enough.

and don't think about not obsessing over brain damage, etc. Like dont try and fight it or force the thought down. Just realize that when you have those thoughts it's anxiety flaring up and do what you can to figure out what is making your anxiety flare up and deal with that so you can return to your base level of anxiety.

Just trust me 100% its not permanent, its not brain damage, etc. It's just anxiety.

google how to lower anxiety and see if you can do some of those practices and get some relief that way.

i hope you’re right that it’s not permanent but people on here and the HPPD forum have been suffering for years (some decades). I just hope you’re right

@Needhelp123 I'm 1 year 9 months in. This definitely would've been a much shorter ride had I been able to lay off the booze the first year. I'm confident that my symptoms will fully go away so long as I continue my healthy habits and abstinence from artificial serotonin stimulators.

@Needhelp123 I'm 1 year 9 months in. This definitely would've been a much shorter ride had I been able to lay off the booze the first year. I'm confident that my symptoms will fully go away so long as I continue my healthy habits and abstinence from artificial serotonin stimulators.

so think it’s possible to see improvements after 7 months?

@Needhelp123 Absolutely! There's many anecdotes from BL users who have continued to improve way past that mark. With the right stimulus and resources(healthy habits I mentioned) I believe the majority of ppl can fully recover from LTC. You can do this!

@Needhelp123 Absolutely! There's many anecdotes from BL users who have continued to improve way past that mark. With the right stimulus and resources(healthy habits I mentioned) I believe the majority of ppl can fully recover from LTC. You can do this!
+1
I have the same opinion.For me first 11 months didn?t see any visual improvement,but now there is big difference.
Anxiety-> DPDR -> some kind of HPPD -> recovery time (minimum 10 months)

+1
I have the same opinion.For me first 11 months didn?t see any visual improvement,but now there is big difference.
Anxiety-> DPDR -> some kind of HPPD -> recovery time (minimum 10 months)

thanks guys this gives me hope. I’m currently doing a 3 day water fast (with one green juice a day) to see if that helps at all.

@Needhelp123 assuming your juice has <20g carbohydrates that's a great way to jumpstart getting into ketosis! I encourage you to start strict keto with OMAD right after. The less carbs & the more I moderate the protein I consume, the better I feel. I really hope you do it so you can reap the benefits I've been experiencing!

@Needhelp123 assuming your juice has <20g carbohydrates that's a great way to jumpstart getting into ketosis! I encourage you to start strict keto with OMAD right after. The less carbs & the more I moderate the protein I consume, the better I feel. I really hope you do it so you can reap the benefits I've been experiencing!

thats my plan. How are you quantifying your benefits? Is it seriously noticeable or do you think maybe it’s just the ebb and flow of symtoms? Like do you have a marker that use to track improvement? For me for example, I know I will be much better if I look in the mirror and it’s not blurry and slightly distorted

@Needhelp123 For me it's just noticeable. I've had slightly better or worse days throughout my entire LTC, I still do. I've not bothered to do any progress tracking other than taking mental note of where my symptoms are at, which I definitely do less now with strict keto than I used to without it. In fact I'll take more notice of my symptoms if my carbs or protein intake is too high since it makes the cognitive symptoms in particular worse. Running my body on ketones and 'starving out' glucose with OMAD and dietary changes might be the best LTC treatment I've attempted.

My random tip today:

Being dehydrated by just 2% impairs performance in tasks that require attention, psychomotor, and immediate memory skills, as well as assessment of the subjective state.

Hi, I just want to tell you guys...that I'm recovered, it took me 13 months! You can write my nickname on the list of the guys who have recovered

How do I know? Because I have no symptoms and I can take drugs and alcohol without any problem (although I will not touch any phenethylamine again in my life ... it's not worth it)

here is some interesting info: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18609419
in this case the person recovered after 16 months, what matches the estimated time for a LTC recovery...so yes, recovering is definitely possible, I can confirm it

good luck to everyone with your recovery, you just have to stick to the plan: no alcohol, drugs, caffeine for a while and please be PATIENT, Don't fall into despair!

Happy christmas to all!

In that summary of a case report that you linked 2c-X, they mentioned that this person went through 16 months of intensive cognitive rehabilitation (which sounds expensive as fuck, must have good health insurance or rich parents).

After some googling I found that cognitive rehabitation or cognitive restructuring is basically doing practices or exercises to create new pathways in parts of the brain that have been damaged due to insult. So our LTC seems to be at least partially fixable with these practices, time is probably the other healer, adopting healthy practices might be the 3rd leg of the tripod. practices, time, good health habits, all 3 together seem to be the best method for fixing a LTC.

I say that we should try to figure out some basic practices so we can share them, maybe in a sticky. If not, we can just share them around the web until they become common knowledge.

First we need to identify the areas that are impaired by the LTC, then figure out some games, apps, activities, practices, or exercises that work the area we want to improve.

Memory is one. Lets find some good memory games or apps or something and start to link them, maybe link to one of those arcade websites where you can play video games. etc.

executive functioning is another. lets find some organization, planning, and execution of plans games/exercises, etc.

Learning is another. lets suggest some activities that make a good long term learning effort. learning a new language is one, learning an instrument is another. yeah these are difficult and may take years, but thats the point, they require our complete focus to learn and they can handle increased levels of complexity. which is something we need to keep us engaged, something that video games often lack.

Keep going guys, make a list of the things you want fixed and list any ideas you might have. others can list their ideas too and we'll have something good to work with soon.

I use ULTIMEYES and eye exerciser to help stimulate the visual cortex. I also use luminosity for general brain exercise

I’m so happy for you man. Enjoy the fuck out of life! Did you have any visual symtoms and/or weird feelings in your head?

Congratulations! This is very happy news. May sound negative from me, but for personal experience if you relapse don't lose hope and remember that if you felt once normal you have the biological means to keep it forever.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
Pronounced cognitive deficits in MDMA users affect learning and memory abilities. This pattern of predominant and long-lasting memory dysfunction suggests that the functioning of the hippocampus might be affected by the neurotoxic effects of MDMA.
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]This is exactly my issue... so now I know it's not JUST anxiety :) It actually backs up all the info I've read through my LTC. It gives me peace of mind in a sense. Also I see a lot of people here who put priority on the physical symptoms much more than this specific issue, this is the only mystery for me. It's awesome that the girl managed to recover, it's just so unfair for her to go through this so early in her life. Especially when you have an excuse for being stupid and doing reckless things.

On the topic of games, you can ask me questions I have pretty fair experience on it and my views. I've tried all kinds of games.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hey all. I have been doing some research as I have been feeling pretty terrible lately. I?m nearly at 8 months into LTC now.

I believe this has already been posted before, but I read this medical article regarding a 5-10% group of Caucasians being predisposed to slow metabolism of MDMA -

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20962361/

According to the article it can be to do with a certain enzyme in the body not working correctly and failing to metabolise the drug causing toxicity. You can see what the enzyme does here

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/publications/issue/2008/2008-07/2008-07-8624

Interestingly, that enzyme is also responsible for the rate codein is metabolised. Something my mother suffers with - codein makes her sick. I have never tried it and will probably avoid if offered.

Out of interest, has any fellow LTC sufferers taken codein for pain before? How did you react to it?