• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I need urgent help with methadone withdrawals! :praying:

abscondingdarkness

Greenlighter
Hey there,
This isn't my first account here but I wish I wasn't back creating another account. Basically after 4 years clean, 6 weeks ago I had a cancer scare and asked my doctor for valium to help with anxiety. He flat out told me, I was drug-seeking behaviour and "no" he didn't realise I was suicidal and didn't bother to screen my mental health. 2 days later I relapsed back into heroin and oxycodone.

After 2 -3 weeks I realised I no longer wanted to be on and went to find a methadone doctor with the plan that ill just get a little help getting off a fairly low relapse dose. When I got there, alarm bells should have rung, but I was in withdrawals and desperate (we all know that headspace of not caring just needing something, anything! to help) He put me on 50mg methadone which I instantly knew was too high but he assured me I would cut down fast and be clean in one month.
Now is a good time to mention that I'm allergic (and my old doctor - now retired - knew this, but of course my new doctor didn't believe me) allergic to both methadone and bupe and have severe vomiting on both 5-6 times per day ( hospital IV, Zofran which is a chemo anti nausea, etc multiple times) so I have to be off quickly cos I lost 8kg (18lbs) in 4 weeks from vomiting constantly alongside other things.

Long story short my doctor is refusing to reduce my dose and so luckily because of my religion I can only take the methadone tablets and not liquid, so I have started myself cutting down my dose from 50mg to 25mg in 2 weeks. Its now starting to hit me harder and I need help to get off the last 25mg of methadone (hopefully in under 10 days) I do, thankfully have some good support meds. I have 38 x 5mg Valium tabs, 2x 10mg oxycodone capsules 1 x 20mg modified released oxycodone (Oxycontin) as well as 20 x 30mg codeine tabs and 10 x 50mg tramadol capsules (used by date expired)

I also clonidine and baclofen (but those last two are both 3-4 years expired). At home I have 65 x 10 mg of methadone tablets so I don't HAVE to go cold turkey, but my vomiting is profuse and I'm needing almost daily hospital visits for the vomiting and their advice is "Hun you just gotta get this shit out of you" - which is totally correct. 8 weeks ago, I was fine and happy and the past 4 years of being clean have been wonderful.

I need a 10-day plan on how the heck to get off, with limited withdrawal pains. I am a female moderate opiate tolerances 5'8 and 150lbs or 173cm and 70kg. I appreciate any and all help.

I'm devasted to be back here, but so glad this place still exists. Thank you in advance, I am sooo sick being on methadone I just need to be off it.

For withdrawal of methadone you will be suffering it with clonidine that relieves several symptoms due to norepinephrine action such as goosebumps, shaking chills and the change of sensation now cold now heat. So you need a benzo being the best alprazolam but ever benzo works for anxiety and insomnia. You can take domperidone for nausea and diarrhea and last you can take desketoprofen for pain mainly in back and legs

For withdrawal of methadone you will be suffering it with clonidine that relieves several symptoms due to norepinephrine action such as goosebumps, shaking chills and the change of sensation now cold now heat. So you need a benzo being the best alprazolam but ever benzo works for anxiety and insomnia. You can take domperidone for nausea and diarrhea and last you can take desketoprofen for pain mainly in back and legs

After only being on methadone 4-5 weeks at 50mg to start with and now down to 25mg, how bad do you think withdrawals will be. I have clonidine, any ideas on amount for relief? Also Im in Australia so we dont have alprazolam or desketoprofen. I do have valium and ativan (which one would be better) would it help to take some short term codeine or and go harder or no short acting opiate and go slower on my taper? I need to be off in 10 days from 25mg.

Thanks Man for your response.

Is few time taking methadone but enough for develop dependence. The withdrawal with clonidine, lorazepam and diazepam is enough to suffer it

Usine high dose Immodium....it saved my life. Took the edge off just enough and thats all I had. You should add this only if your health allows for it considering you seem to have existing allergic reactions

High doses of Imodium (loperamide) won't be good for your heart. Don't do it and instead use them as you need and as ordered.

I would prefer Ativan over Valium but that is just my preference.

Whatever you do, don?t start listening to the Imodium heads.
You have plenty of REAL opiates that won?t damage your heart and intestines.
Ativan and Valium are both good. Valium is good because it has a long half life (the methadone of benzos) so you can take it relatively safely without becoming dependent on it quickly.
Ativan isn?t bad either. If I were you I?d use the clonodine mainly and try to minimize the amount of benzos you take so you don?t add another detox to your equation, although that would happen only if you took them every day for like 1.5-2 weeks at least.

Try to space out your benzos and take clonodine instead. If you can find cannabis I?d advise you to try that WITH the benzos because the benzos kill the anxiety that might come along with the cannabis.

Keep us updated I have a lot more ideas I can throw in there, I?m going to pretty bad withdrawals from multiple drugs right now so I?m in a similar position.

Whatever you do, don?t start listening to the Imodium heads.
You have plenty of REAL opiates that won?t damage your heart and intestines.
Ativan and Valium are both good. Valium is good because it has a long half life (the methadone of benzos) so you can take it relatively safely without becoming dependent on it quickly.
Ativan isn?t bad either. If I were you I?d use the clonodine mainly and try to minimize the amount of benzos you take so you don?t add another detox to your equation, although that would happen only if you took them every day for like 1.5-2 weeks at least.

Try to space out your benzos and take clonodine instead. If you can find cannabis I?d advise you to try that WITH the benzos because the benzos kill the anxiety that might come along with the cannabis.

Keep us updated I have a lot more ideas I can throw in there, I?m going to pretty bad withdrawals from multiple drugs right now so I?m in a similar position.

Hey so your reply was the only one that made huge sense to (ps. sorry ur going through withdrawals too) Basically at the moment im sparingly using the panamax (paracetamol 500mg /codeine 30mg ) "extra strong" pain relief when my withdrawals become too much. Im also taking the 300 micro units of clonidine, but plan to increase and 1-2 tabs of baclofen (a muscle antispastic). So far I have managed to hang out on that, but I since got given (yes free) endone which is 20 x tabs 5mg oxycodone which im thinking I may taking one every 6 hours. Im holding in, but its getting worse.
Any idea how long my withdrawals could take? I guess good think is that I was only on methadone for 4-5 week total unlike my previous stint of 2 years methadone. Methadone can seem like the saviour, but honestly its the devil and much worse than heroin to get clean off.... fml right now.