• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is MDMA to blame for my anxiety problem? Will it ever get better?

lilylove12749

Greenlighter
Hi so I'm a 20 y/o female around 110 lbs and I took around 300mg of mdma over 4 months ago now. The day after I caught a flu and two days later I was tachycardic with a heart rate of around 130 for 24 hours. This was incredibly scary as I'd never experienced anything like this with my heart before this and when I went to the doctor I was told it was a mix between the comedown and anxiety.
Since this day I have been struggling with a pit in my stomach and a heartbeat that occasionally will beat quite fast. (Normally around 70 bpm but can be 100-110 when I am feeling panicky). I have had all ECG tests and all heart monitoring tests done and the doctors conclude that it is nothing physiological. I also had an MRI scan when I was experiencing dizziness everything came back as negative.
I had a few weeks where I was experiencing very little symptoms and was feeling hopeful about this dark time coming to an end. However two days ago I started getting a very intense anxious feeling in my stomach again which I am thinking may have something to do with my final university exams which are this week.
I have had depression in the past so I am wondering if this increased my predisposition to gaining such anxiety.
All of the anxious feelings are always just me being anxious about having anxious symptoms which keeps the cycle going because I am so desperate to rid myself of these feelings.
Is it possible that I have damaged my brain chemistry by taking this drug and is a full recovery possible? I just want to return to the person that I was before I made this terrible mistake. Will I be like this forever?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Yeah, almost everyone is experiencing anxiety while their LTC. Me included.

The topic with brain damage is very contraversal, no one is sure. However 300mg once shouldn't on theory do almost any serious harm.

The anxiety tho is something that as you've mentioned yourself could keep you in circles of mysery. However from reading the cases of so many people I'm pretty sure you'll recover completely within an year or two, if you don't fall into some mental ilness like depression, obsessive thinking or OCD. What worked for me is having very nutritious diet, exercise and limiting stress thoughts or activities.

Try something simple as Valerian root extract, think will be enough to calm you down.

Other things that helped me are b complex, Omega 3, magnesium, zinc and iron.

Good luck and don't freak yourself, your symptoms are on the light side and your dose too. Seen people coming out from much darker scenarios.

Getting sick after MDMA comedown is normal because your immune system is weakened, it happened to me a few times. Heightened anxiety is also typical of a mild long term comedowns. You are asking a lot of questions which no one else than a professional could answer you accurately. Your anxiety might not be linked to MDMA tough, and might be linked to performance anxiety due to your finals coming up and you feeding the anxiety by overthinking.

Nobody knows how long it will last, it can last anywhere between 3 months to several years depending on the severity of the LTC.

Assuming what you took was pure reagent tested MDMA: 300mg for a lightweight like you is a dangerous dose and might have damaged your heart, that's 6mg/kg weight. Make sure you have a follow up with your doctor. In all my years of MDMA, I never done anything more than 3.8mg/kg weight (190mg), which is a pretty strong dose.

Heavy or strong doses should be left for experienced users with built up tolerance who are knowledgeable about harm reduction. If you are new to MDMA, it's wiser to keep the doses between 2 and 2.5mg/kg (100-120mg for you).

Make sure you know how to dose safely and appropriately:https://erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_dose.shtml

- Hap

I've had all heart tests done and they have all come back as negative. I even had an MRI scan. The doctors say that this is all anxiety. I am just hoping that this is not permanent and that I will be able to get over it.

Getting sick after MDMA comedown is normal because your immune system is weakened, it happened to me a few times. Heightened anxiety is also typical of a mild long term comedowns. You are asking a lot of questions which no one else than a professional could answer you accurately. Your anxiety might not be linked to MDMA tough, and might be linked to performance anxiety due to your finals coming up and you feeding the anxiety by overthinking.

Nobody knows how long it will last, it can last anywhere between 3 months to several years depending on the severity of the LTC.

Assuming what you took was pure reagent tested MDMA: 300mg for a lightweight like you is a dangerous dose and might have damaged your heart, that's 6mg/kg weight. Make sure you have a follow up with your doctor. In all my years of MDMA, I never done anything more than 3.8mg/kg weight (190mg), which is a pretty strong dose.

Heavy or strong doses should be left for experienced users with built up tolerance who are knowledgeable about harm reduction. If you are new to MDMA, it's wiser to keep the doses between 2 and 2.5mg/kg (100-120mg for you).

Make sure you know how to dose safely and appropriately:https://erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_dose.shtml

- Hap

I've had all heart tests done and they have all come back as negative. I even had an MRI scan. The doctors say that this is all anxiety. I am just hoping that this is not permanent and that I will be able to get over it.
Do you know if it is related to the MDMA, if the anxiety will definitely go away?

Yeah, almost everyone is experiencing anxiety while their LTC. Me included.

The topic with brain damage is very contraversal, no one is sure. However 300mg once shouldn't on theory do almost any serious harm.

The anxiety tho is something that as you've mentioned yourself could keep you in circles of mysery. However from reading the cases of so many people I'm pretty sure you'll recover completely within an year or two, if you don't fall into some mental ilness like depression, obsessive thinking or OCD. What worked for me is having very nutritious diet, exercise and limiting stress thoughts or activities.

Try something simple as Valerian root extract, think will be enough to calm you down.

Other things that helped me are b complex, Omega 3, magnesium, zinc and iron.

Good luck and don't freak yourself, your symptoms are on the light side and your dose too. Seen people coming out from much darker scenarios.

How long did it take you to recover?

My anxiety turned into depression, I've adressed the later. However my anxiety is still there year and a half later.

What feeds my anxiety is what seems that my cognition is impaired after I took the 800mg. My IQ dropped from 132~ to 103 - 105. My concentration is lacking as well as my short-term memory.

The thing is the very same symptoms could be caused from obsession and worry/stress or they're result directly from the MDMA.