• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

A Soxhlet extractor is a work of art in its own right! It requires some pretty mean glass blowing. (There's a certain person on YouTube who is a rampant misogynist, but damn, can he work with glass .....) Watching the Soxhlet extractor in operation is mesmerising. Freshly-distilled solvent just below its own boiling point washes over the plant matter being extracted, then syphons back down into the round-bottomed flask. You can get away with less solvent than just a straight reflux, even to the point where the final solution becomes oversaturated and some of the solute begins to precipitate out.

I guess you'd want something like a urinal auto-flush mechanism to make an industrial version .....

I've got some spare sox if you're interested - though they may be a little stiff... ;)

Oh, and don't forget to put a vapour trap on top of the Liebig condenser. The idea is to turn down the heat if it inflates to much. You can buy suitable vapour traps in packs of three from vending machines in toilets .....

Or use a balloon, punch-ball balloon is what the meth cooks use when they are dancing the hydriodic -phosphorus tango, taped to the top of the condenser. Although on this scale, you just need to on efficient cooling. Because if your using an oil drum...well then you'd have to come to me for the condoms, and who the fuck'd want a used condom? Other than Theresa May's grandparents that is...

With oil drums etc. then its power saws, dremel tools and brazing torches, copper and steel and flux. You could I would think, even make a self regulating one for those with electronics talent, via a thermocouple for a self-feedback regulatory mechanism for controlling the current flow to the nichrome element. Basically a fuckoff great oil drum soxhlet and another drum for a flask, heating at the bottom, the rest is pretty obvious really. And why use a liebig? why not use an Alihnn condenser, or better yet, a Dimroth, if your gonna be building the thing out of copper pipe and steel bits, then why not go for maximum efficiency.

Fuck doing shit by half measures.

Oh, and don't forget to put a vapour trap on top of the Liebig condenser. The idea is to turn down the heat if it inflates to much. You can buy suitable vapour traps in packs of three from vending machines in toilets .....

Yeh, what's the point of putting the little blue pill (herbal ingredients only) on top of yer Liebig condenser..? :? ;)

Huh? you put a punch ball balloon on top of the condenser, that allows for gases to be contained at low degrees of elevated pressure, and prevents their escape into the atmosphere. Its done in things like cooking meth, with the methods that rely on reducing pseudoephedrine via hydriodic acid and either phosphorus (red allotrope), phosphorous acid, or hypophsosphosphorus acid. the balloon is taped onto the condenser, and during the reaction, the balloon inflates with hydriodic acid gas, which is continually recycled as per the cooking process. Otherwise it'd just up and fucksies offsies outta there. Given it's just forming PI3 this hydrolyzing to P and HI (there is H2O present in the rxn obviously)

The balloon expands, as the heat applied to the flask causes the pressure to rise, and the balloon prevents the formed HI from doing a runner for it, Gay-Lussac's law in action really.

And he might have a liebig. Mine is a Dimroth =D

Yeah, I personally likes me the Davies condenser. Misadvertised on The Usual Place as a "triple water jacketed Liebig condenser". Coolant on the inside and the outside.

For true industrial-scale production, you'd probably build something more like a proper Paraflow. And build it sealed, with a large-ish upper cooling chamber and a manometer.

And who's he?

I consider Kratom the golden standard all my future opiod experiences will be measured against it. But it must have hit the right strings because I would prefer it to Codein or Tramadol. Sorry for your loss banning is childish but so are the ones putting energy in things like the war on drugs.

There is a war on drugs and the drugs are winning!

Just do a big ass grow, a real industrial scale one, choosing some grass field in the middle buggering nowhere. Burn the grass down with a non-alkane type solvent, something less toxic, ether or something, leave a long trail, chuck a match and leg it.

Later, go plant your field. Big extraction (a soxhlet is the best way to extract btw, it recycles solvent continually by depositing the alkaloids in your flask, and recirculating the vaporized solvent back through the part of the soxhlet containing the material to be extracted)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soxhlet_extractor

For really BIG grows you could weld up a metal soxhlet from a big steel drum, some copper piping and another steel drum to hold the solvent.

Bugger simmering, steeping etc, thats for making a dose of pod tea, not for poppy farming.

If I like Kratom tea better then Poppy pod tea many will disagree but hey! Would a soxhlet on Kratom make it better like it would on Poppy Pod. I willing to try out anything if there is a reasoning.

Imo Kratom is alround as is, nauseating when overdone what better side effect can one hope for. It's the limiting step when using ground up leaves love it nature at it's best.

Imo Kratom is alround as is, nauseating when overdone what better side effect can one hope for. It's the limiting step when using ground up leaves love it nature at it's best.

Hmm, heroin causes nausea as well - but I've never known that to have a limiting effect...

Last edited:
Soooo, i ran out of kratom and have been replacing it with pods all this week. I also prefer kratom to pods but here I am.. I was pleasantly surprised that the stomach discomfort/pain from poppy pod tea has gone away about 5 days into using them. Going to attempt a taper and will acquire some pregabalin for the worst of it..

A soxhlet would indeed be suitable for other plant extractions. It is a very frequently used tool for such extractions, either from plants or from the filter-cakes of chemical syntheses. And a most useful piece of kit. I have two, of different sizes.

A very nice elegant looking piece of glassware too.

LOL mind if I borrow that one and tell it elsewhere? I'll not take credit of course, but that is actually pretty original. And kinda funny.

As for autistic humour, it does often kinda get lost on neurotypicals, and neurotypical humour on auties/aspies too. Works both ways, but sometimes we can meet in the middle and hilarity ensues.

(no, not that way, sorry FUBAR, I only go for girls, and for autie girls at that=D)

LOL mind if I borrow that one and tell it elsewhere? I'll not take credit of course, but that is actually pretty original. And kinda funny.

As for autistic humour, it does often kinda get lost on neurotypicals, and neurotypical humour on auties/aspies too. Works both ways, but sometimes we can meet in the middle and hilarity ensues.

(no, not that way, sorry FUBAR, I only go for girls, and for autie girls at that=D)

Feel free mate; I am partial to a little wordplay but I'm not possessive about it - though I probably autie be... ;)

Sure, just don't let yourself get all in a flap about it=D

(lol, actually come to think of that, I'd never, ever actually say that IRL. Hehe, thats one thing in autistic girls I've always found really damn sexy)

I tried a different vendor and the new batch of pods I got were very small - max 2-3 cm diameter, and they have pink seeds!

I'm wondering if they are a different strain and not suitable for tea use

Sounds like they were just immature. The pink could be small amounts of dried latex perhaps, although poppy seeds start out white, and I have seen them turn pinkish in color as they grow a little older, although still immature.

Yeh, the fact that the pods still contain seeds suggests they are immature, otherwise they would have all fallen out long before being shipped. The way to tell is if the crown is pointing up away from the pod, revealing the holes through which the seeds are released. If not, then they are immature.

However, there are now many varieties of Papaver somniferum of widely varying size and latex content, so even if they are mature, they could still be bunk.

Insufficient thinning of seedlings can also result in small pods - as I've found out to my detriment this year...

Last edited: