View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice on dose foe first time LSD+DXM combo

DrugOmen

Bluelighter
Hey guys I've taken 11 tabs of LSD in the past week. They are nice and strong but obviously I have tolerance. I know y'all will tell me to wait a while but I'm not going to. My last dose was 3 tabs Wednesday May 16. I plan on dosing tomorrow night May 19.

I hsve a hige tolerance to DXM despite not taking any in about 5 months because I heavily abused MXE about 5 years ago.

My typical DXM dose is around 600-700 mg and that doesn't give me too strong of effects.

Anybody have any advice on what dose I should start with? These tabs are potent so I was thinking like 1 tab LSD and like 300 mg DXM?

Why would you ruin perfectly good LSD with DXM? Just wait dude, you're gonna waste a lot of LSD just because you won't wait.

Do you really think it will ruin LSD?

I just want to go deep and ive never combined a dissociatives with a psychedelics before. I'm sure it will add a crazy layer to it all.

Well i don't really like DXM but i guess if you really enjoy both of these drugs then maybe they'd be good together.

I still think you should wait since you could probably trip 2-3 times with the amount it would take you to trip once right now. Plus the experiences will probably have more magic to them if you wait, that's just my opinion.

I agree is you on I could use a lot less LSD if I waited but I just got 7 more hits and my dealer is my neighbor and he said he could get more lol. Its expensive per hit but imo its worth it, so at this point its just about the money.

I haven't had LSD in about 2 years so it still feels exciting to me even after doing it so much thr past week.

Well just think, if you save these hits you could have more trips in the future. The supply isn't gonna flow forever, personally i'd rather have more experiences for the same amount of acid, not less. I mean it doesn't really make a difference to me, it's your acid, but that's just what i would do.

Plus if you want to push the limits you could wait until your tolerance goes down then take all those at once and get a very powerful experience.

I know you're right for sure my man but you see I'm a true addict and I just can't hold onto good drugs.

I'm still curious to see what other people have to say about LSD+DXM combo and what dosages they advise for a first time, considering my tolerances.

Ummmm seconded. SOOOO INCREDIBLY, RIDICULOUSLY wasteful, Jesus Christ dude. You seriously need to learn responsible use and moderation....I suspect, quite strongly, that if you're really this out of control with your LSD use, that you're using for all the wrong reasons.

And if you really want to try psychs in combination with a dissociative, why not nitrous instead of DXM..?

Nobody is going to be able to even give you a starter dosage with this when you've been so careless and irresponsible to jack your tolerance so fucking high. There's simply no way to possibly answer this!
Now, if you do what any rational, thinking person with drug experience/knowledge would do and take a damn break to allow your tolerance drop back down to a reasonable, acceptable level, then yeah, you bet we can answer this for you.....but until then....I'd say you're kinda shit outta luck pal.

Is it REALLY, SO HARD to wait a week between trips?

-PA

LSD is my favorite substance of all time and I have taken DXM when I was young and unspoiled by all the empathogens and psychedelics and I enjoyed DXM at that time. A close friend of mine used to love this combo (DXM+LSD) and once made me try it with him. I did not like it - DXM (250mg) was heavy and pulling me other ways from airy light Lucy (1 average hit at around 100mics) and into some obsession-insanity kind of thing, felt kinda dirty. But, my friend likes the feeling. YMMV! :)

Your thoughts seem reasonable, DrugOmen - 1 hit of LSD and about 300mg of DXM would result in solid, visual trip with manic and delusional headspace.

If you are irresponsible with psychedelics, they will bite you eventually and scare you shitless, might forever change your mind about using them again, we all have seen it before I think. 8)

Believe it or not I actually do have a great respect for psychedelics. LSD is my favorite chemical too. I am too scared to drop too much acid at once and I know that I can't force a spiritual trip.

I started thinking.. The reason I dont do DXM often is because of how sick it makes me feel. I've decided against it and I'm just gonna combine nitrous oxide with it because I've never done that either.

The frequency of your dosing contradicts what you say about not forcing a spiritual trip. If you truly have great respect for psychs, you'll wait.
It's not even only the fact that you're wasting drugs or trying to force a trip, but you also must consider that yes, in reasonable usage, it is fairly benign....but when you're dosing in such frequency and dosages, that's when it becomes not so benign and you're risking your head.

As for the nitrous vs DXM....if you dislike DXM, why'd you even consider it....especially alongside a heavy hitter like LSD....if you thought DXM was uncomfortable before....how do you think it'd be while tripping balls on LSD?

I do like the nitrous idea, hence my suggesting it....but make sure you become very well acquainted with it before you combine it. Or it could turn into a real mess. Research it heavily, and do it sporadically (on its own) over the course of a couple weeks and by then your body will have prepared itself for LSD!

Only thing is, which concerns me, is that some people tend to like it a little too much (and wind up either killing themselves or destroying themselves)....and if you're this careless with even LSD....I don't know that you'd stay in control. This is something you really need to consider....nitrous is much less benign than LSD so your style of carelessness would go a long way....TREAD LIGHTLY.

-PA

Yeah i'm sorry but if you are taking LSD with this much frequency then you don't respect psychedelics, you might think you do but your actions say otherwise.

Also why would you think it's a good idea to take DXM with acid if DXM just makes you feel sick? None of your rationales make any sense, you should take a break to get your head on straight before you seriously mess up your mind with psychedelic overuse.

I guess you guys are right, I haven't been respecting them.
Its been so long of not having psyches that i guess i got carried away but its not too late to change mybways.

And about the DXM; I was only thinking of the good experiences I've had because I do love the feeling of a good trip with it but when I really started thinking about it, I realized I was unintentionally blocking out the times its made me sick and made the experiences unenjoyable.

Also, I have a whole lot of experience with nitrous, but only combined with cannabis, not with psychedelics.

I think I'm gonna wait until next week to dose, thanks guys.

Well, even though you have experience with nitrous, you still need to get more (experience, that is). As I previously advised, do it sporadically over the course of a week or two prior to your trip so it doesn't surprise and overwhelm you so much.

Do a ton of reading on nitrous itself (about both the facts and experiences), IN ADDITION TO reading about the combination. Bluelight, Erowid, Wikipedia are only but a few sources I'd recommend- at the very least. Try to check into others.

Speaking of Erowid, here's a report that you MUST read and give great consideration to: https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=79725
I think it is a very important piece to read for anyone considering this journey- especially in your case.

You MUST be fully prepared.

Please detail for us all of your trips and dosages for at least the last 2 weeks. Because, at this rate, what you have described makes me more inclined to advise at least 2 weeks minimum for your tolerance to baseline and your brain and body ready and okay to trip.
Normally, I'd say a week would suffice for tolerance purposes, I've found....but it greatly depends on how much you've consumed recently. Taking 11 hits in a week's time is rather excessive and likely would require more time.

Besides that, it goes back to your mental health. The human brain can only take so much in a period of time before it goes....it needs breaks, especially when you're consuming in such large quantities/frequencies.

I am glad we were able to get through to you OP. I hope you understand that we're not trying to come down on you and negatively criticize you or anything like that, we're genuinely only trying to help....this is a harm reduction centric community after all, and you're well on your way to seriously harming yourself- something which I can only hope we have averted here, and can continue to do for you.

But ultimately, unfortunately, we do not have the final say because we do not have any control whatsoever over what you personally choose to do....we can try to help you as much as we can, but only you have the real power to save yourself from harm or death. It is in YOUR hands.

I hope you keep in mind the famous words from Uncle Ben....."with great power, comes great responsibility" lol a little light humor, but it actually is true and even applies here! We will guide you all we can, but it's up to you to do the right thing for yourself.

Be safe. Be responsible. Use responsibly, and in moderation. Give the substances you consume the respect that they not only deserve, but COMMAND.

-PA

Thanks for your concerns PerpetualAnhedonic. I mean I have A LOT of experience with nitrous but I will for sure check out some more readings about the combination.

I assure you my mental health is top notch right now. Besides that little acid binge, the only drugs I've done in thr past 1 1/2 years is kratom, phenibut and DXM a handful of times and the last time being close to 6 months ago. I almost forgot to mention I did a box of 50 nitrous cartridges about 6 months ago and another box about a week after that.

I like that Uncle Ben quote and it does apply to me here lol. I will proceed with caution.

Last edited:
Why would you ruin perfectly good LSD with DXM? Just wait dude, you're gonna waste a lot of LSD just because you won't wait.
Came here to say this, I tried it one time back in the day and the DXM was just such a heavy, different feeling from Lucy & it drew me away from the overall experience. I do second the nitrous/LSD combo though, 10/10 for me!

Sounds great guys! It seems like a way I can go very deep for a shorter amount of time without having to take too much acid and have a very long deep trip.

I wouldn't do this combo. The body-load of DXM while high on acid sounds bad :(

What ever happened you dingus? I might try like 240mg with 100ug sometime. SEVEN grams of shrooms was too much with zero tolerance plus 354mg DXM made me piss myself plus I haven't come down yet 20 years later.

I might try like 240mg with 100ug sometime.
I tried the combo once around those doses. Was a very strong and unique experience, but not overpowering.

If I did it again I'd probably take a bit less dxm and a bit more LSD. Maybe like 200mg/150ug.

It significantly changes the LSD visuals, and I saw some pretty interesting things. But I still much prefer to take acid by itself in higher doses. I generally don't like dxm, and it makes the acid feel kinda dirty.

Last edited: