bl staff, policy and process feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you say there is a problem but won't say what it is, I don't believe you want that problem solved.

or that the alleged problem doesn't really exist, which is what appears to be the case to me since nobody is willing to give any details of any sort, not publicly, privately, or even anonymously. all we seem to have is a concern troll giving the usual troublemakers an excuse to talk shit.

I'd like to be wrong, but i go with what the evidence says.

I hope this isn’t the beginning of the end for this thread :(

I understand this is beyond frustrating for everyone involved, perhaps some more than others, so let’s please continue with constructive comments.

I don’t know what I’m getting at... zep, for the sake of this thread, maybe pm Ali or whomever you specifically want to hear from? This thread isn’t just for your concerns with BL. And especially TL topic... the “good old days” are behind us and there is no going back. Only way for TL to thrive again is if it takes on a new role, reborn ethos. Pining for the glory past is pretty counterproductive imho

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that at this point everyone has had a chance to say exactly what they are pissed off about and why. This is what, the third thread in the last couple of weeks... at least? All I've heard is Ali-bashing, mod-bashing, lies, hyperbole, bullshit...etc.

If someone has a legitimate concern, all our inboxes are open. This thread is open. Our ears are and always have been open. The time and energy that's been devoted to this already should be more than enough proof of that.

tpd said:
I hope this isn’t the beginning of the end for this thread

It never really started. How can it? What are we even discussing? The main protagonst refuses to actually participate. And yet, we are bending over backwards to give him the chance. The fact that we are imploring him to tell us how poorly we do our volunteer jobs kinda scuttles one point he made in that we don't accept dissent amongst staff. We do accept dissent, it is welcomed and we are begging for it here.

Last edited:
I am not going to be bullied.

I will never be treated like shit like people I cared about for years ever ever again.

I regret ever coming back to bl

I regret thinking ppl here were worth more than they are

You are not worth anything.

You are rancid, rotten nasty people

Many of you hide your flaws in public

Ive seen what you are like and invite you to ban me

What you have done to this place, a refuge, is disgusting.

I am embarassed to have held you ali in high regard.

You repond to phr but not me?

Wrll hey youre a lot alike i guess

Go to hell you scum.

Thanks for the replies.

or that the alleged problem doesn't really exist, which is what appears to be the case to me since nobody is willing to give any details of any sort, not publicly, privately, or even anonymously. all we seem to have is a concern troll giving the usual troublemakers an excuse to talk shit.

I'd like to be wrong, but i go with what the evidence says.

What do you mean, the problem exists and is evident. Just go to Social.

Everyone is mad here because their forum was killed, for what we're saying is personal reasons under the guise of "cleaning up." We're mad all of our friends were pushed out. We're mad the new forum, that's all nice and a safe space, is an utter failure that was predicted by the people arguing against it. And we're mad the people that did this don't care.

People are blaming The Facebook, and Instagram, etc. That's as disingenuous as them shutting it down to "clean up a cess pool." The people that left were forum veterans that would have still been there. They've been through various other TL periods and yet remained...

It's pretty funny that you actually run a Social/TL competitor that's filled with trolling/shit talking, yet here you are acting like that stuff is the worst thing ever.

^ do you see me blaming facebook? that's half rhetorical but the answer is no.

i've said publicly and often that traffic is down and it's because of the changes we made but that doesn't stop you and your friends lying to people and telling them i say traffic is up. who's being disingenuous? this isn't a case of "don't care". it's a case of having a different opinion.

you've had your say and made your position clear, phr - i'm personally responsible for a slew of bl problems. the site owner has reached out and offered to hear your concerns so i suggest that you pick up that discussion. i note you're still not edited, unapproved or banned.

i dropped b_p a pm and asked him to pick up his original discussion in here. let's try to focus on that.

alasdair

Whenbwasgood.jpg

I just got back from the doc, been nursing a feverish flu.

Thread has gotten off-track, but each person's concerns are in some way tied in with inter-member relations on this forum.
The discussion in this thread has been responded to with a decent effort... I'm not mad, I'm just concerned at whether members of an org can self-regulate and keep themselves in check so incidents like the lounge fiasco won't happen again. Blame whoever you want, but if you want to make something better, you've got to work on it yourself and not depend on others to make the change for you. Be considerate of others, and don't look at the world in black and white only. Unless you're a tool (or robot 010011000110111101001100), act humanely and like a real human being.

Be considerate of others, and don't look at the world in black and white only. Unless you're a tool (or robot 010011000110111101001100), act humanely and like a real human being.

Sage advice...

Blue_Phlame said:
Let me try...
mal3volent is a disturbed individual who likes to vilify other people and play the victim. He sucks up to other people and cries like a little child when things don't go his way. He projects his own inadequacies onto others and deliberately has an agenda to slander another person he has a personal beef with without substantiating any evidence. He knows he won't be criticized for his observation, so he has no qualms in exaggerating claims against another person.
CUT IT OUT mal3volent, you're trying to get a rise out of me. You have not helped in this conversation and are only here to cause drama.

Likely, by bringing myself down to the same level of immaturity, and treating the other person the same way they treat me ... I will be punished and told "you should know better" or something along those lines... How is that not fair?

How is that terrible punishment going, anyway?

I think the biggest problem is that BP, a moderator, is legitimizing a group of dissenters who don't seem to want the best for bluelight, in fact I don't really understand what they want and I've been checking into this and the last thread daily. BP et al have managed to say nothing at great lengths.

^ Wait, what?

What's wrong with being considerate of others, and not looking at the world in black and white? While being humane at the same time?
How is that terrible punishment going, anyway?
Snarky comment noted.

Last edited:
^ Wait, what?

What's wrong with being considerate of others, and not looking at the world in black and white? While being humane at the same time?

what does this have to do with what the poster said? you should try reading posts and replying to what they say rather than what you wish they said. this seems to be a common problem for you.

Thread has gotten off-track, but each person's concerns are in some way tied in with inter-member relations on this forum.

i thought this was supposed to be about moderators abusing their authority? whatever happened to that claim that still nobody has even attempted to substantiate?

what does this have to do with what the poster said? you should try reading posts and replying to what they say rather than what you wish they said. this seems to be a common problem for you

Man, this is almost exactly what I said to someone else before. We are on the same page them if we don't want others telling what others are saying on behalf of themselves.
BP et al have managed to say nothing at great lengths
It appears to me that suggesting good direction and accepting OPs bulletpoints as a desirable behavioral destination for all members doesn't count as anything...

Do hard accusations and constant pointing out of past problems really solve anything? I prefer to focus on the positive once the negatives have been acknowledged.

The manner at which staff acted in the other thread are the most recent example I can think of as reason for discussion. The points Ali mentioned in OP address the behavioral issues, and this acknowledgement is a step in the right direction.

Do hard accusations and constant pointing out of past problems really solve anything?

you tell me, youre the one that started all this with accusations and alleging problems but then refusing to say anything that might show your allegations to be anything more than empty accusations, we're all still trying to find out if this whole thing is anymore than concern trolling.

The manner at which staff acted in the other thread are the most recent example I can think of as reason for discussion. The points Ali mentioned in OP address the behavioral issues, and this acknowledgement is a step in the right direction.

so the idea was to troll your fellow staff members so you could point fingers and blame people for the problem you created?

Ok guys his has turned into a slap fight. Reign it in and make more constructive posts without all of the vitriol. I’ll admit I can see both sides here, BP you sort of lit a fire and walked away. But the main grievances in this thread came from another poster that has nothing to do with your original concerns.

you tell me,
I have told you, i'm not reading any acknowledgement from what I already have said
youre the one that started all this with accusations and alleging problems but then refusing to say anything that might show your allegations to be anything more than empty accusations, we're all still trying to find out if this whole thing is anymore than concern trolling.
Well, if you want a hint at what i'm getting at, the last part of your sentence says that "we're all still trying to find out if this whole thing is anymore than concern trolling"
What reason did that become the consensus alternative to this thread among staff? This thread isn't just about me, as you can see droppers, phr, zephyr and other folks have commented on this thread. I can understand that someone might group me in with other people who were called trolls before, but why? Is it because I sympathize with them and share similar concerns?
I'm trying to find some common ground here, so i'm not always fought against by others.

so the idea was to troll your fellow staff members so you could point fingers and blame people for the problem you created?
I would like to know the origin of the other staff calling me a troll? It appears that someone said that about me, and easily-influenced folks adopted it as fact. This is a problem.

Last edited:
Blue phlame just enunciate and clarify why you bought this issue up. Stop pretending its about the lounge. I know you will get your cronies support if you stick the boots into the lounge but you are being disingenuous here. The issue came about because you dislike decisions in CEP.

Again you obfuscate. Its incredibly transparent.

Well, if you want a hint at what i'm getting at

or you could just say it, instead of hoping that somebody else will provide some substance to your empty claims of alleged misconduct. that there have been zero attempts by you or anyone else to back up any of these claims, not publicly, privately, or even anonymously makes it pretty clear that there's nothing to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.