The rise in abuse of power, overstepping of bounds, and unbalanced perspectives on BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This discussion needed to happen, I'll respond to everyone's comments soon enough.

Ok. You censored a meme that you took personally and refused to apologise despite objections .

Considering the post does not break guidelines and was actually ironically on point, you both just proved you abused your powers doing so and also acted like a total ass about it.

Also after being privy to the email exchange between staff and liquid method you also screwed up there big time. You really did.

You lie about having ip matches for alts. You ban on suspicion only which is crap and never admit you are wrong.

Also bls blatant lack of handling anything to do with the lounge. Nice one guys. Real great. Thanks for that.

Basically you guys mess up, dont listen to each other, dont have any open discussions with members without either manufacturing a banal response in staff, lose your shit and close it down or are in any way truthful anymore. Its too frustrating even bothering to talk to you, no wonder people who have been happily blrs for years crack the shits and dont care about you at all anymore.

Easier to talk behind our back innit? What are you- thirteen?

What beepers issue is, Im pretty sure he would have tried discussing this in staff so its telling he brought this up here.

Just cut the crap and stop pretending its all good and well back there and get your shit together bl . Jeez .

I’m not sure why this thread is still open either. Maybe we can close its once we have established it is just the usual crowd whining and complaining about a user agreement that doesn’t tolerate sexism, homophobia, perjorative attacks, and abusive behavior online?

constructive criticism is always welcome and even encouraged; if we're doing a poor job or people see areas where we could make improvements, such suggestions are always welcome. there is, however, a huge difference between constructive criticism and bashing/attacking/being a hateful dick for the sake of being a hateful dick, which some people seem incapable of understanding, or unwilling to admit that such a difference exists. unfortunately this topic and title are loaded and framed to encourage and promote denigrating the staff rather than be a place to discuss criticism so we can make improvements, and thus far its achieved its intended purpose and little else.

Why did I bother checking this again :|

I?m sure, like you have zep, BP will come up with a well written creative attempt to demonstrate how he is the scapegoat for the great liberal conspiracy that is BL.

And zep, don?t read to much into this, but your examples, or at least those I?m aware of or were involved in... you?re doing a wicked job misrepresenting them. Again, some actual evidence, like a quote or something, that would be a start.

I?m sure ya?ll can find something totally bring it out of contex, which I?m equally sure more than one other member will be happy to put it back in context for you.

I?m get both really curious and nauseaous thinking about what will come for me to read tomorrow here. Pls don?t disappoint.

I?m looking forward to this issue with BP getting resolved one way or the other in the wake of this thread.

How that happens is entirely up to you BP, but you wore my patience through sometime yesterday or the day before.

Last edited by a moderator:
constructive criticism is always welcome and even encouraged; if we're doing a poor job or people see areas where we could make improvements, such suggestions are always welcome. there is, however, a huge difference between constructive criticism and bashing/attacking/being a hateful dick for the sake of being a hateful dick, which some people seem incapable of understanding, or unwilling to admit that such a difference exists. unfortunately this topic and title are loaded and framed to encourage and promote denigrating the staff rather than be a place to discuss criticism so we can make improvements, and thus far its achieved its intended purpose and little else.

^ I can appreciate responses like this, I agree with most of it except for the last part.
, but you worse my patient through sometime yesterday or the day before.
My mental health is more important than BL, I hope you understand. Give me some time to collect myself and prepare responses to everyone who commented on this thread.

If folks sincerely think staff are abusing "power, tell us where and we can try to improve. If we don't know or aren't told, how can we change? So far the accusations have been vague and broad, I think a certain specificity is the only thing that will enable us to explain and/or modify our conduct.

I'm gonna say that we aren't perfect but we are doing our best. There is always room for improvement though.

But the silence from B_P is telling. Its clear this is a chuck a bomb and run away thread. For that reason, I'd be for killing this topic.

While I'm skeptical of this whole abuse of power claim.. I will say that if the BL higher up were abusing power.. You can't exactly express that problem openly. It's a catch 22,if the systems corrupt, you have to work against it surreptitiously, which can then be used as grounds publicly to suppress it. And if it's not corrupt, there's no reason to bring it up publicly. Either way, bringing it up publicly isn't usually helpful unless the people in power are divided and only some are corrupt.

Though personally this whole thread continues to make me thing this corruption shit is largely bs. If there really were such prolific abuse of power this thread should have been long disappeared. Corrupt power abusers hate people talking back to them.

^ I can appreciate responses like this, I agree with most of it except for the last part.

My mental health is more important than BL, I hope you understand. Give me some time to collect myself and prepare responses to everyone who commented on this thread.

Well, I can honestly say Im looking forward to seeing what you post. Im sure youll get to it when you can.

That wasnt meant to be passive aggressive btw, it was just the kindest thing I could think of.

Anyways, it is almost funny to me now. Im getting more of a feeling what you must have experienced in that thread I confronted you in. So yeah, regardless of what my reasons were, Im sorry for provoking you like that. I apologize, no conditions attached.

I really was not considering how it would make you feel, I was just beyond my limit of frustration with the situation you have gotten into. But please man, come on with all this. I used to really respect you. I get the sense the feeling was fairly mutual.

I really dont understand why you are getting so invested in proving your point with this, but it is also almost funny how I can have no problem maintaining professionalism IRL, but I can lose it so easily on here.

Makes me wonder what you are like IRL, if you are not also different from the impression I have gotten recently online.

I will say that if the BL higher up were abusing power.. You can't exactly express that problem openly. It's a catch 22,if the systems corrupt, you have to work against it surreptitiously, which can then be used as grounds publicly to suppress it.

well, you can express it openly, but you'd get smacked the fuck down whenever the corrupt one caught wind of it. speaking out would really only be "dangerous" for staff, because if there really was something like that going on, staff members with integrity would suddenly find themselves removed, at a minimum. nothing like that has happened to BP for speaking out though, so unless there's some giant conspiracy going on behind the scenes that everybody else is in on and nobody else has even the slightest shred of integrity or moral fortitude to allow them to speak up against this alleged corruption and despotism, then there's not really a legitimate issue here.

Last edited:
Tathra you are easily the only one of your kind, and I mean that in a complimentary way. Thanks for always taking the high route and trying to mediate things and get to what’s right/just.

This discussion needed to happen, I'll respond to everyone's comments soon enough.

Bp take your time, you always have great well thought out responses and that takes time. Hope everything is well otherwise <3

New here.
Just thinking that there is an option to close a thread just because the mod is sure their answer is the answer and there is to be no further perspectives is quite annoying and closed-minded: Regardless of how many drugs and therapy one has endured. Times, stressors and environments change moment-to-moment. Wont name or link to threads but even with experience without an open-mind there can be some brain-rotting megalomania going on.
Ban me if you must... just does seem that one or two apples are tainting very healthy service.

Last edited:
We used to issue a lot more infractions back then than we do now. There's a certain historical perspective about this that I thought someone with a 2005 join date might understand...

New here.
Just thinking that there is an option to close a thread just because the mod is sure their answer is the answer and there is to be no further perspectives is quite annoying and closed-minded: Regardless of how many drugs and therapy one has endured. Times, stressors and environments change moment-to-moment. Wont name or link to threads but even with experience without an open-mind there can be some brain-rotting megalomania going on.
Ban me if you must... just does seem that one or two apples are tainting very healthy service.

What? I have literally no idea what you just were trying to explain?

And no lol that is part of the ridiculous thing about the serious accusation in this thread: you are not going to get banned for expressing your opinion (just as long as that opinion does not boil down to hate speah or trying to sell or buy drugs).

New here.
Just thinking that there is an option to close a thread just because the mod is sure their answer is the answer and there is to be no further perspectives is quite annoying and closed-minded...
and yet the thread remains open and people are freely criticizing staff.

does not compute?

alasdair

Ok. You censored a meme that you took personally and refused to apologise despite objections .

Considering the post does not break guidelines and was actually ironically on point, you both just proved you abused your powers doing so and also acted like a total ass about it.

Also after being privy to the email exchange between staff and liquid method you also screwed up there big time. You really did.

You lie about having ip matches for alts. You ban on suspicion only which is crap and never admit you are wrong.

Also bls blatant lack of handling anything to do with the lounge. Nice one guys. Real great. Thanks for that.

Basically you guys mess up, dont listen to each other, dont have any open discussions with members without either manufacturing a banal response in staff, lose your shit and close it down or are in any way truthful anymore. Its too frustrating even bothering to talk to you, no wonder people who have been happily blrs for years crack the shits and dont care about you at all anymore.

What beepers issue is, Im pretty sure he would have tried discussing this in staff so its telling he brought this up here.

Just cut the crap and stop pretending its all good and well back there and get your shit together bl . Jeez .

Lots of judgment from someone who cannot take any.

I hope you are doing well <3

Ok, we went through all that months back. It's not really relevant here.

Anyway, what are YOU doing to help again?

Why can't we all just get along! :(

This is why we can't have nice things.

In general, we do get along. It is a vocal minority pointing out how shit everything is.

Just thinking that there is an option to close a thread just because the mod is sure their answer is the answer and there is to be no further perspectives is quite annoying and closed-minded: Regardless of how many drugs and therapy one has endured..

i'm guessing that you had a thread that you made closed, and you dont understand why? there's a lot of reasons why a thread might get closed. yes, a moderator deciding that they're right and no further discussion should happen after they give their opinion is a possibility, but its not something thats going to be common. there arent really any forums here that are run by a single moderator, rather we work in teams; if a mod is acting unilaterally and his fellow forum mods disagree, you can bet that they're discussing it behind the scenes until they come to some kind of agreement or understanding (or the issue gets elevated to the senior mods, or even administration; although sometimes all of the forum's mods agree that that specific user should be treated unfairly, in which case that user should elevate the issue to the senior mods).

not understanding why a thread was closed doesnt make it an abuse of authority though. if you feel that there is something unfair going on, or mods are making decisions based on bias and personal grudges rather than trying to be objective and bias-free, first pm the mod in question to inquire, and if you're unsatisfied with the response you can pm the one of the senior mods overseeing that forum (listing of which senior mods cover which forums), and if you're unhappy with that you should report the initial post of the thread or the specific post in question so the whole staff can have a look. and if you're still unhappy with that answer, then its probably the case that the problem isnt with the staff or their decisions.

Where am I supposed to even post in this ghost town of bots going around in circles? Where am I to defend my alleged demodship, incurred through a totally legitimate use of the non-alt Forum Moderator, a position I wielded, and an account I was granted permission to use by senior mod CFC, in the Staff Tips Thread in TPH? I broke no rules and have stuff to say if anyone was ever around to hear it. I actually don't give a shit, but I feel like the con-man/woman who took my Dad's money for drug prohibition wants me to say something, and you'd think a site for and by drug-users would have something to say about my situation. It's the only thing bringing in traffic, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.