The rise in abuse of power, overstepping of bounds, and unbalanced perspectives on BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where am I to defend my alleged demodship...
it's not alleged. you were stepped down.

...incurred through a totally legitimate use of the non-alt Forum Moderator, a position I wielded, and an account I was granted permission to use by senior mod CFC, in the Staff Tips Thread in TPH?
totally legitimate? no. if you'd like me to clarify, please pm me.

alasdair

Where am I supposed to even post in this ghost town of bots going around in circles? Where am I to defend my alleged demodship, incurred through a totally legitimate use of the non-alt Forum Moderator, a position I wielded, and an account I was granted permission to use by senior mod CFC, in the Staff Tips Thread in TPH? I broke no rules and have stuff to say if anyone was ever around to hear it. I actually don't give a shit, but I feel like the con-man/woman who took my Dad's money for drug prohibition wants me to say something, and you'd think a site for and by drug-users would have something to say about my situation. It's the only thing bringing in traffic, after all.

I am not surprised that this happened to you. ;) Anyway, I gave staff multiple warnings and alerts about how you are a troll, and I'm fine with being bluelight crew since I used to moderate multiple forums here and stepped down since I no longer use drugs at all since as an addict friend (who as fucked up as it sounds was the one who introduced me to using drugs as a teenager when he was an adult who was a lot older than me), once said to me that I would just outgrow using them and I guess that's what happened? I also am focusing on helping relatives.

This is an open letter to all readers of Bluelight - lurkers, new-members, regulars, staff and everyone else who reads these forums.

There is an inadequate level of checks-and-balances on Bluelight that regulate the actions of some staff members. Does anyone else think that occurrences of unfair decisions made at the expense of members who do not share the same ideological perspective have become increasingly more commonplace? The board's general disposition has shifted heavily to one side, and as a consequence, started ostracizing members who do not share the same ideals.

Its clear to me that this forum no longer holds values that encourage impartial and non-partisan perspectives in its staff.

I agree with this in some ways, but bluelight as a whole needs work done and to change back to how it was when we first joined and it was more about helping people who use or are addicted to drugs, than politics and people getting mad just because someone posts something they do not agree with or like politically, socially, etc. False cries that things posted are racist, hate speech, fascist, etc. just make people less hesitant to post and voice their own opinions, and you have people who do not agree politically who start to hold grudges against each other or get petty over silly stuff.

I have read racist posts here on blueight but they were not in the current events/politics forum but were in other forums and it was all quickly dealt with.

Of course the post below mine is a perfect example of someone crying wolf about racism/racist posts here on bluelight. I can understand why actual racists posts were removed and I would remove them when I read trolls posting them in the sex and relationships forum.

mal3volent said:
Who would hold a grudge against us for not allowing racist material, besides racists? Who would feel even slightly hesitant to voice their opinions due to the removal of racist material, other than racists?

I also remember when everyone including staff/moderators would joke around. I was not one much for the lounge but people took things less seriously then or so it seems.

Yes bluelight focuses on harm reduction, but even that can always be improved. I remember reading posts that advocate doing things that are generally not safe like do it yourself alcohol withdrawal/detox from home, or taking benzos with opiates, etc.

Last edited:
^ It's all quickly dealt with.

Who would hold a grudge against us for not allowing racist material, besides racists? Who would feel even slightly hesitant to voice their opinions due to the removal of racist material, other than racists?

If you want BL to be more about drugs and HR, you should be pretty satisfied with how these recent events have been handled. The spirit of harm reduction was in the forefront of our minds and was mentioned several times in our discussions. You realize there are all kinds of drug users, new to BL, who would find the stuff we removed personally offensive. They might not know who are trolls and who aren't...might get the wrong idea about BL altogether.

I am looking forward to beepers responses to this thread.

Also, there was a tine where staff WERE the biggest trolls of them all, actually fun and were more than capable of keeping blrs in the palm of their hands. Warnings were rare, bans even less so.

Last edited:
^ Beepers has been around a long time and has been a voice of reason at times of great change- as it turns out were just a bunch of shrill voices pissing in the wind.

Some of those are still on staff and have become senior staff, which was deserved of a raised eyebrow considering the damage that was done by all that. Not that it matters right?

Most staff are pretty cool but yep- some def are not there on staff for the right reasons. Its just common knowledge theres always a few bad apples on staff just like there are untouchable continual trolls as plebes. Who they are though is a personal opinion .

It would be better to have a limited tenure of staff so no one person starts to feel entitled. If you think youre far better than anyone else, step down and you will see you arent.

Whatever makes ppl feel important though right?

I wouldn't know, I am not one who has ever felt that important in any aspect of my life. Least of all my internet life.

I continue to be puzzled by all this ambiguity though. Why don't people just say whatever it is they're trying to say. That's the whole point of having a thread here, right b_p? Let the comman man stand toe to toe with the powers that be?

So nows the time....speak up and let your voice be heard. Call out by name your abusers and those who have kept you in chains. Figuratively speaking, of course.

I continue to be puzzled by all this ambiguity though. Why don't people just say whatever it is they're trying to say. That's the whole point of having a thread here, right b_p? Let the comman man stand toe to toe with the powers that be?

So nows the time....speak up and let your voice be heard. Call out by name your abusers and those who have kept you in chains. Figuratively speaking, of course.

seriously. i keep seeing a whole bunch of general allegations of misconduct but no evidence to support those allegations. its easy to make shit up and make accusations, anyone can do that, but so far i havent seen anything to support any of those claims except for more unsupported accusations.

Just open up the reported posts and bipolar threads where you clearly make completely unbiased decisions. Lets see these supposed checks and balances.

Go on. No one would have a problem with that would they?

Just open up the reported posts and bipolar threads where you clearly make completely unbiased decisions. Lets see these supposed checks and balances.

Go on. No one would have a problem with that would they?

oh know, you got us. Hope you aren't stealing b_p's thunder.

Those threads are private for the sake of whoever they happen to be about. Not because anyone is trying to conceal anything.

Again, why are you so pissed? Be specific.

i'm guessing that you had a thread that you made closed, and you dont understand why?
Understand that I am not bashing mods, please. Great site and very knowledgeable peeps.
I did have a closed thread and do understand why. Not but hurt in the least... answers abound and insight is a bitch.
Others closed that I do not understand. As alluded to: Time, characters, pastimes, usage, ideas, chemicals and curiosities morph.
It is the mentality "I say this and that is sufficient - closed" (even when there is citations to provide contrary evidence) that is small-minded and dangerous, IMO.

Strife will abound in any group of individuals... specially a community of junkies and veterans (those that go through it and make it out for another battle). Of course I include myself in this last crowd... Ptah Pawn
Unless I get banned (or other mishap) I plan on being here for quite some time.
Hope ya'll will have me and know I will not always coddle and comfort.
Love always,
Me

Edit:
Thank you for taking the time to explain this in detail. Most is common sense but good reading and spelling, punctuation and structure are spot-on. Great job.

Last edited:
oh know, you got us. Hope you aren't stealing b_p's thunder.

Those threads are private for the sake of whoever they happen to be about. Not because anyone is trying to conceal anything.

Again, why are you so pissed? Be specific.

Im not pissed. I was a mod you know. I am well aware of those threads and theyre no secret. Never have been. TLB made note in public that there would be records kept like this, and I gotta say that theres no unseeing this.

It makes sense to me what beeps alludes to, I disagree theres any link to political leanings though.

Basically theres a massive drop in traffic. An increase in mods and senior staff. Mods can be ban hammer heavy, dont have any sense of value for the community having already destroyed it and nothings going to get better .

Staff just have their own little world so list nothing screwing up the community for everyone else.

I know you mods wouldnt dare show us what you say and you couldnt. That would take some honesty and if you had some common decency there wouldnt be a problem right?

All I see is a huge crack in the iron curtin and nothing but denial that anyone from staff have done wrong. Its the same fake front thats carried on from disaster to disaster. It does not fly anymore. Luckily for you though, you have managed to ostracize the population so no one cares!

Im just here for the sparkling repartee.

Last edited:
Mods ... dont have any srnse of value for the community gaving already destroyed it and nothings going to get better

that's the users you're thinking of, particularly a small group of them that have made it their personal missions to destroy people's reputations and relationships, aka the community, and have been at it for years.

I can't help feel like this thread is what it would look like if someone fucked up and accidentally moved a private thread from the super secret mod only subforum into CE&P.

Really confusing cause of piles of missing context while also standing as a mockery of any pretense of a united leadership.

The other thing I can't help but feel related to this thread is what I imagine it's like being the kid when your parents are fighting. "mom.. dad... Please stop fighting! You love each other!" :(.

^ bluelight staff are frequently accused of mindlessly sticking up for each other and 'toeing the line' (or such). staff are free to express their opinions in here which is now characterized as 'a mockery of any pretense of a united leadership'. damned if we do...

Others closed that I do not understand.
there's nothing stopping anybody from pm'ing the forum staff and asking why a thread was closed and, if they feel strongly, requesting the thread be reopened.

did you contact the forum staff? what did they say?

alasdair

Dude it wasn't a judgement. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's good that you guys argue and debate. I was just remarking that the situation here is a bit unusual and surprising. I wasn't saying that's bad.

I mean I'd always assumed that the bluelight mods try to appear united when in reality they argue with each other.. Cause that tends to always be how it is wherever you go. But not being a mod myself, I'm surprised to actually see it, that's all. It was a comment, not a criticism.

"praise in public, criticise in private" is pretty basic professionalism.

^ indeed.

Dude it wasn't a judgement. I'm not saying it's a bad thing.
it's hard for me to see how "a mockery of any pretense of a united leadership" is anything other than a negative judgement.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.