• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methylphenidate addiction

FYI this is not a bar exam and please stop offending if you don?t know a damn thing about it. Things in America are quite different than in Europe, you should already know that. I have a 5 year business degre and a master and speak 3 languages. Well that?s not enough in here to have a good job, so public employment is a good (even quite impossible) option.

My deepest, snarkiest apologies for asking about this looming, stressful event in your life, and not assuming it's just like here in the USA. Just in case you really did misunderstand, and you weren't just stress-snarling (which is fine), I was making fun of myself and my fellow proud American Civil Servants, by pointing out we're not expected to be more than idiots, even if we have tests. I come from a place of bitterness, OP. Everything sucks everywhere.

(It doesn't bother me that we're certainly not expected to have a solid decade of full time graduate education, like I do, to open mail. What makes me queasy is, two decades ago at the start of my higher ed career, I worked for a different civil service, the US Postal Service, ironically not opening the mail, just coding it for routing. My wage, absolute, unadjusted for 20 years of inflation or cost-of-living or advanced degrees or corporate salaryman experience, is LESS now. It's like a return-on-investment for my life, and it is negative. Sorry shareholders.)

On Wednesday the 14th I got a notice in the mail for failure to show to a seasonal refresher training on the 7th, and that I had no phone number on file. Except, I went to the one on the 2nd and updated everything then, I'm all caught up. It warned me to be at the one on the 12th, or else. It was also signed by a manager on the 12th.

I should be in a different department, but appear to be stuck in the sub-basement of a shuttering facility because I have a tiny bit of defaulted debt (<$10k). But I tell them, I can't set up a payment plan till you hire me out of seasonal, or guarantee some hours. Well, they say, set up a plan on the debt, your paperwork is sitting here on file, just pending. This of course has taken over a year across multiple vast federal bureaucracies with encrypted emails and conflicting certified mail, to move up two rungs in the same building.

I work for the US Treasury Department, the one with the money. But I have to go through, I'm not kidding, the Department of Agriculture for personnel matters; they actually handle the payroll. In processing mail, I have seen Treasury checks, like you'd get for your tax refund if you lived here, come in ~$100 values, in batches of ~20 individual US Mail envelopes, by the truckload, to be hand stamped individually, stapled, and routed, at the Treasury building I stand in.

Treasury Bldg. at point A transfers a few million dollars to Treasury Bldg. at point B, physically. A hundred people involved, at least. Trucks, gas, planes, drug forum moderators, each making a mistake now and then, stapling checks so they tear on the way to the scanners where they will be unstapled, on the same floor, literally 100 yards away.

They are each hand stamped only in case one of them falls in that 100 yard journey, and one of the employees who's there only to hand stamp them, picks it up and puts it in his pocket. And tries to cash the check that says "US GOVT." So many metaphors, this purpose created by merely being. It could be a model for human consciousness and its search for meaning, the creation of gods to explain ourselves. Or a model for pre-metastatic tumors. No one's determined the initial spark that triggers the genetic catastrophe in cancer, but at some point many begin secreting their own growth hormones, creating a new tissue from nothing.

May be like 15.000 people take the same exam for 200, 300 or 400 vacancies. During recent years there were none vacancies due to Economical crisis, but people kept studyng.

I've stood in line for six hours in 40C weather along with ten thousand other people to apply for a hundred minimum wage jobs at fucking WalMart (not one of those numbers is an exaggeration). I never got a call. When I left school and looked for local academic work--right at the bottom of the market in 2010--there were 72 applicants to just one minor lab assistant opening in one of the few university labs actually allowed to hire (state budget mandated employee furloughs, even for lab techs), the State University system (lower tier) replaced their entire jobs portal with a single "Not hiring" page. For two years. By then it had been two years without academic work, career effectively terminated.

I'm not arguing with you OP, this is commiserating, just bitching, about how a few US senators relaxing restrictions on these fucking parasite "bankers" torpedoed my career.

So yes, 1 week and exam will be over, as I don?t think I can access/acceed (don?t know the exact word since I don?t study English for ages) to 2nd exam. But if I do, I will quit after the second exam wich will be on 18th of March.

Proceed to the next exam maybe? Gain access to the room where it's held. Never concede defeat, OP, you will succeed! Exceed your expectations, and accede to your new title.

Yeah, just relax and focus, worry about your habits later. Let us know how it goes.

Scrofula, I will try to post this by 3rd time I hope it gets delivered. You don't need to apologize, things are just so different around the world. We should be more open minded, that's all. You are a great support to me thanks a lot.
I don't have many options to pass first exam, let alone the second one. Medical test is in one month from having passed the second exam, so you know if the urine test would come positive without taking anything in one month? Perhaps it's even earlier... Well this is just assuming something impossible because I will not pass, but I would like to know.
Today I tried taking baking soda to increase ritalin and vyvanse effect and had little impact if any. Do you know guys if taking l tyrosine or something related would increase effects?

I will keep updating in case you want to hear, and I will look for support when the exam is over and I quit.
Best Regards

According to my special vision powers, the person deleting them is you: "this message has been deleted by Ritalin addicted."

Are you trying to edit them, and deleted instead?

Baking soda won't do anything for you besides make you thirsty from all the sodium. If your guts are very acidic, it can prevent absorption of amphetamines and maybe Vyvanse, but as long as you don't wash it down with pure lemon juice you're probably fine. A much bigger effect is, like I said earlier, combining it with methylphenidate in the first place. They inhibit each other. Still no proof, but trust me, they don't work together or all the ADHD folks would have threads on their complex double dosing for best enhancement.

Tyrosine won't help/hurt either. Some people take it because they think they've depleted all the dopamine from their bodies. But that's not how it works, and you get more tyrosine in a hamburger patty, so save your money.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Scrofula. If I combine mfd and vyvanse, at what time should both be taken so they don't counteract? Is there anything to separate lix from dex? I've read several forums and there are many different opinions but it just seem very complicated.
Yes about the posts I tried to edit them, but when I saved changes it didn't let me.

What did you mean with the lemon juice? I've read in a lot off threads that pitacetam is useful when combined with vyvanse and also taking trypsion. Do you know anything is this?

Acidic foods like a big glass of orange juice can reduce the absorption of amphetamine (and potentially make you pee out some of what you do absorb). But lisdexamphetamine is a different molecule when it's absorbed out of your guts. I double-checked and it wouldn't be affected by what you ate, so just ignore the lemon juice. And, even if there was a good way to cleave the lysine off, it's still just amphetamine, arriving in your brain an hour sooner.

Now, good news/bad news for you and MPH: turns out its easy to take a dose that shuts off every last dopamine transporter (DAT) in your brain. Any extra dosing after that is just going to spill over and leave more jittery adrenaline floating around.

For a 60kg person like me, the dose to block half of my DATs would be just 15mg. At 30mg, nearly 80% would be blocked. If we just guess that 50mg blocks 99%, dosed three times a day, is only 150mg, much less than your original 400mg. Bad for your wallet, but hopefully helps knowing you only have to cut back from a much smaller dose than you thought.

More good news/bad news: amphetamine + MPH interaction is complicated, but at your doses they at best compete with each other, rather than help. Since Vyvanse lasts a long time you're kind of screwed. One advantage/disadvantage to your redlined MPH might be an enormous built-up reserve of dopamine that will leave you addicted forever to amphetamine the first time you try a purely MPH-free dose. So beware: MPH has been shown to increase amph addiction potential in hyperactive kids.

And the piracetam, who knows? Not legal here in America--it's not safe if you can't shoot it. Sounds like it couldn't hurt.

You might consider quickly tapering the MPH for a pure amph experience right in time for your test. Might be a bad idea, hard to say.