• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? Part XXX - Sexxxy tunes for sexxxy folks

FUBAR

I love "you gotta move" myself, you know The Bowling Stoned idiots covered that tune & Fred only got the cash for it a matter of days before he died :(

He only got found by Alan Lomax on a field recording session & Fred walked out of some bushes with his guitar over his back & said he can play, the Lomax's were unsure till he played the first 16 bars & in interviews they both said their jaw hit the floor.

Best footage of Fred I ever seen & one of his best known tracks, I love it so much & not just because of what his actually talking about.

Mississippi Fred McDowell - Goin Down to the River

You know John Henry was a steel drivin' man, John Henry died with a hammer in his hand ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
FUBAR

I love "you gotta move" myself, you know The Bowling Stoned idiots covered that tune & Fred only got the cash for it a matter of days before he died :(

He only got found by Alan Lomax on a field recording session & Fred walked out of some bushes with his guitar over his back & said he can play, the Lomax's were unsure till he played the first 16 bars & in interviews they both said their jaw hit the floor.

Best footage of Fred I ever seen & one of his best known tracks, I love it so much & not just because of what his actually talking about.

Mississippi Fred McDowell - Goin Down to the River

You know John Henry was a steel drivin' man, John Henry died with a hammer in his hand ;)

Yeh, it was the Stones' version that led me to 'discovering' Fred McDowell. The Stones did a mighty fine cover though - one I have tried to emulate on mah geetar many a time - much to the dismay of my family :\

Didn't know they held back on the royalties though...

Yeah The Bowling Stoned idiots robbed him.

I'm one of these weird types that finds music going forward, I found Bowling Stoned via Fred & I found The White Stripes from their cover of Son House - Death Letter Blues.
I also got my first Led Zeppelin record by their cover of Blind Willie Johnson records (I also HATE Led Zeppelin as their fans are idiots & their music is white boy blues made shit.

Blind Willie Johnson is the best blind guitar player ever & I'd also go as far as to say his the best slide guitar player I have ever heard & I know a lot of 'em from the Mississippi Delta that were old black levee camp workers years before they started to play.

Blind Willie Johnson - God Moves On The Water

Just a reminder to all to please stick to linkies in this version of the music thread. If you want to post vidembeds then please use What music are you youngsters watching? v. Mother Fucking Videos (Embed videos here) for all your vidembedded hell needs.

That aside, I is currently listening to...

Mrs Jynx - Diving Loop (B12 Remix)

Followed by...

Oxynucid & Mrs. Jynx - Mazzjutant (Mrs. Jynx Remix)

<3

One of my all-time faves is that. Had it on vinyl... along with most of their other stuff... back when yoofdom was a thing :eek::(:!

Depeche Mode - It's No Good

NSFW:
I'm going to take my time
I have all the time in the world
To make you mine
It is written in the stars above
The gods decree
You'll be right here by my side
Right next to me
You can run but you cannot hide
Don't say you want me
Don't say you need me
Don't say you love me
It's understood
Don't say you're happy
Out there without me
I know you can't be
'Cause it's no good
I'll be fine
I'll be waiting patiently
Till you see the signs
And come running to my open arms
When will you realize
Do we have to wait till our worlds collide
Open up your eyes
You can't turn back the tide
Don't say you want me
Don't say you need me
Don't say you love me
It's understood
Don't say you're happy
Out there without me
I know you can't be
'Cause it's no good
I'm going to take my time
I have all the time in the world
To make you mine
It is written in the stars above
Don't say you want me
Don't say you need me
Don't say you love me
It's understood
Don't say you're happy
Out there without me
I know you can't be
'Cause it's no good

the Travelling Wilbury's vol 1.....Fuck you haters! what an album! especially my mates jeff and roy!! and bob fuck yeah!! Stand out hits for me : not alone any more (Roy Orbison), Tweeter and the monkey man ( Bob Dylan) and Handle with care great album

Found an old hard drive with loads of various noise from 2007 /2008 (when I was involved in helping my mate promote his rave @ The Canal Club). For starts I had lost the recordings from those seminal first few nights and now have them back if anyone is interested (I have recordings of Ratty from the first night we did and from the first time we used the main room in the Canal I have the entire night - Energy / Phil Gardner / DJ Kid / Top Buzz).

But first I'm giving High Contrasts 2007 BBCR1EM a rinse. I'm probably one of the few that rates it more than the first time he appeared on the show in 2003.

BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix - 7/10/2007 - High Contrast (youtube version)