• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How many METH addicts started with RX AMPS?

Meth and adderall are nearly identical, with meth having one additional methyl group, which allows it to cross the bbb faster and increases potency, both affect serotonin in the brain, both are heavily addictive and both are neurotoxic. What you stated about roa's I agree with, that is the main reason meth seems more addictive.
yep

Meth and adderall are nearly identical, with meth having one additional methyl group, which allows it to cross the bbb faster and increases potency, both affect serotonin in the brain, both are heavily addictive and both are neurotoxic. What you stated about roa's I agree with, that is the main reason meth seems more addictive.

I have to disagree, amphetamine is not nearly as addictive like people say, I would say it is pretty same par with alcohol. I used to use amphetamine for 10 years every now and then like many people use alcohol, did sometimes 1 week binges but never had any kind of problems to stop. If I get 5g amphetamine I use it until its done after that not interested to get any more, just like with alcohol, if I get few bottles of vodka I drink them and then I quit. And meth is definitely different than amphetamine, it lasts so much longer and is more euphoric, with amphetamine the need to redosei s every 2 hours but with meth every 6 hours, I did prefer amphetamine over meth because with meth it's very hard to get sleep even with strong anti-psychotics. Sure IV or smoked meth or amphetamine is very addictive like with many other substances, but as long staying oral or nasal ROA, it's not that addictive. I've known lots of people like me, from these people maybe only 20% get addicted, if it means heavy daily use for years.

I don't recommend to use like I don't recommend to use alcohol, some people get more easily addicted to them. I get very strong euphoria from regular amphetamine if I've had at least 6 months break from it but still never had any problems with it.

When folks say "nearly identical" it's because in a taste-test with experienced users, Diet Coke is as good as Pepsi. Both meth and amph taste great, a lot less filling.

"But no, euphoria, mouthfeel, bouquet and vasoconstriction!" you say. But so do experienced wine drinkers when they get their colors backwards and asked to rate some expensive wines:

In a sneaky study, Brochet dyed a white wine red and gave it to 54 oenology (wine science) students. The supposedly expert panel overwhelmingly described the beverage like they would a red wine. They were completely fooled.

You might reason that you got the meth if it lasts longer than you expect, but even then I'll bet you won't sleep if told you got the meth, not so much whether you did or not.

(I also think folks can't really tell the difference with most opioids and benzos.)

When folks say "nearly identical" it's because in a taste-test with experienced users, Diet Coke is as good as Pepsi. Both meth and amph taste great, a lot less filling.

"But no, euphoria, mouthfeel, bouquet and vasoconstriction!" you say. But so do experienced wine drinkers when they get their colors backwards and asked to rate some expensive wines:

In a sneaky study, Brochet dyed a white wine red and gave it to 54 oenology (wine science) students. The supposedly expert panel overwhelmingly described the beverage like they would a red wine. They were completely fooled.

You might reason that you got the meth if it lasts longer than you expect, but even then I'll bet you won't sleep if told you got the meth, not so much whether you did or not.

(I also think folks can't really tell the difference with most opioids and benzos.)

Well when I think of it it might be true, as lately most amphetamine in here contains some amounts of meth. I've always been thinking that it's only amphetamine, because I've read an seen too many meth propaganda where they say "not even once" and refer to it as "very addictive" but in my experience it is not nearly as bad as they say. It is pretty compulsive while you use it and the effects start to diminish, but so is alcohol, but in the sense that it gives you very strong urges to use it again for a long time it's not true at all, maybe next day you feel urges to use again but they go away in few days, just like with alcohol. So it's either that amphetamine is disgustingly different from meth or that meth is not nearly as addictive like they say at least when snorted or taken orally.

I strongly agree with this. What people claim to subjectively feel from different drugs varies so much between sessions and depends heavily on mental and physical states and crucially expectations. Given that most Brits currently enjoying their street amps are actually consuming mostly caffeine, MDAI and various precursors atm, with barely a whiff of amphetamine, speaks volumes. It's not that unlike the placebo phenomenon really.

I have to disagree, amphetamine is not nearly as addictive like people say, I would say it is pretty same par with alcohol.

That sentence is... well, how should I put it? Alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs. So if amp is on par with alcohol, then it's pretty damn addictive.

There have been studies done (that I can't allocate the time to source, but feel free to ask the NPD folk) that show precise mechanisms how methamphetamine is neurotoxic, and how the same mechanism doesn't apply to plain amp. It might be just a methyl group, but pharmacology is a little more complicated than that.

Of course that is not to downplay amp's neurotoxic effects. Both are neurotoxic to a degree. Meth has more relevant mechanisms for it.

That sentence is... well, how should I put it? Alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs. So if amp is on par with alcohol, then it's pretty damn addictive.

Yes that's true, but the claim "meth/amph is very addictive" comes usually from people who think alcohol is not really that addictive and it's fine to drink yourself drunk once a month, also common thinking is that most alcohol users don't get addicted while most amphetamine users do, but that's not true at all.

"Very Addictive" like coffee, cigarettes, beer, krispy kreme, curly fries, opioids, benzos, blow jobs, black jack, lottery scratchers, Adderall, methylphenidate, cathinones, gabapentenoids, cracking your knuckles, and either implying you're immune to the world's most addictive substance, or condemning someone else's DOC as the most addictive substance known to man (with bonus cluck-clucking about neurotoxicity).

Alcohol is very addictive, in that it has the worst comedown and withdrawal on the list, plus all the access/cheapness factors.

Cigarettes are routinely placed in the number one or two slot. AND YET, hundreds of millions of people have consumed alcohol on occasion throughout their lives, without becoming dependent. Tens of millions of people have quit smoking. Of the people who had no intention of quitting, none of them continued to escalate their dosage forever--every single one reached a maintenance level, and millions even naturally reduced their use over time. Successful tapering without any need for medication or supplements.

Tens of millions of people have abused opioid prescriptions and never developed a dependence either.

The evil "spectre of addiction" is mostly bogeyman, and poisons people into expecting a hopeless incurable disease state. I'm not saying it's not a real risk, and can cause a lot of suffering and misery, but it's not fate.

And meth is probably one of the easiest in that list to quit.

"Very Addictive" like coffee, cigarettes, beer, krispy kreme, curly fries, opioids, benzos, blow jobs, black jack, lottery scratchers, Adderall, methylphenidate, cathinones, gabapentenoids, cracking your knuckles, and either implying you're immune to the world's most addictive substance, or condemning someone else's DOC as the most addictive substance known to man (with bonus cluck-clucking about neurotoxicity).

Alcohol is very addictive, in that it has the worst comedown and withdrawal on the list, plus all the access/cheapness factors.

Cigarettes are routinely placed in the number one or two slot. AND YET, hundreds of millions of people have consumed alcohol on occasion throughout their lives, without becoming dependent. Tens of millions of people have quit smoking. Of the people who had no intention of quitting, none of them continued to escalate their dosage forever--every single one reached a maintenance level, and millions even naturally reduced their use over time. Successful tapering without any need for medication or supplements.

Tens of millions of people have abused opioid prescriptions and never developed a dependence either.

The evil "spectre of addiction" is mostly bogeyman, and poisons people into expecting a hopeless incurable disease state. I'm not saying it's not a real risk, and can cause a lot of suffering and misery, but it's not fate.

And meth is probably one of the easiest in that list to quit.

Well said. In terms of "mental addiction" it's totally subjective and someone might be more mentally addicted to sugar than some other is to something like meth. Meth scare campaign is total joke anyway. Why not to make same kind of campaign against alcohol "alcohol, not even once" and show some of the worst case alcoholics how their looks have changed. Only by physical addiction you can tell how addictive something is, so how severe the wd's are after daily use for long periods of time.

I started with Preyludes and now its meth that I slam.
I would prefer to slam scrip amphs because they are probably safer and cleaner. What suggestions can you give?

I started with a Vyvanse prescription. I wanted to do meth even before then, so I wouldn't say it's what got me into it, but it was definitely my first interaction with amps

I started on Ritalin then got switched to amps. The amps help a lot more with my spinal pain than opiates. Sad part is that no practitioner will prescribe for this reason. As a result, you have basically lie about your ailments like saying that you have narcolepsy.