• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How many METH addicts started with RX AMPS?

Deemgd

Bluelighter
Just out of curiosity, how many of you meth addicts started out with prescription amphetimines? Did they lead you to meth after you got a tolerance to them?

I'm wondering because I've found myself with a slight RX amphetimine problem, and by slight I mean over 200mgs a day for days in a row until I run out. Before getting my hookup for RX amps, stimulants were never appealing to me- thanks to a terrifying IV cocaine overdose 15 years ago. I'm an opiate lover at heart, I like nodding and sleeping, so amphetimines never held an appeal- until I started experimenting with them. Now I can't stop using them If they are accessible.

There is a lot of meth in my area, and it's something I do NOT want to ever try, because I know I won't be able to stop. I can't afford to go into full blown amphetimine addiction, as I have a child, but my experimentation with RX AMPS makes meth seem a lot less scary, and that terrifies me. Before abusing amps, the thought of doing meth was not imaginable to me, because it's the opposite of by DOC. However now, I can't say that if someone put it in front of me, that I would have the strength to not try it.

How many people started using meth after RX amps? Do the RX amps lead to methamphetamine the same way RX opiates lead to heroin? Or did you just jump into methamphetamine on your own without prior amp usage?

What are your experiences? I'd like to get an idea of just how much fire I'm playing with here by abusing amphetimines.

I started doing all types of RX stims my favorite being dexedrine. I switched to meth for awhile but smoking it was too addictive and the comedowns were fucking up my mind so I switched back to the ADHD meds. I gotta Adderall script and I'm able to use it in moderation unlike meth. I already have an opiate addiction I sure as shit don't need a goddamn meth addiction. Don't try meth especially don't smoke or inject it. It's not much better than Adderall anyway but WAY MORE addictive and toxic. It's nasty shit don't mess with it.

Actually studies have been done to show that adderall, dexedrine, vyvanse, etc. Are all every bit as toxic as meth, and just as addictive.

If even one person started out with amp and graduated to meth....it is a valid reason to harm millions that need scripted amps by denying them medicine - opiate logic

The government does it, so it must be the right thing.
-sheeple logic

I started doing all types of RX stims my favorite being dexedrine. I switched to meth for awhile but smoking it was too addictive and the comedowns were fucking up my mind so I switched back to the ADHD meds. I gotta Adderall script and I'm able to use it in moderation unlike meth. I already have an opiate addiction I sure as shit don't need a goddamn meth addiction. Don't try meth especially don't smoke or inject it. It's not much better than Adderall anyway but WAY MORE addictive and toxic. It's nasty shit don't mess with it.

My main fear is going back to the needle again. I refuse to shoot pills, and even though I REALLY abuse my pain medication and amphetimines, I've seem to be able to keep myself restrained to ONLY using pills and pharmaceuticals. I've been on my opiods for four years and it hasn't led me back to heroin, which I quit 10 years ago. Even when I run out or they stop working, I'm able to talk sense into myself if the thought of heroin enters my mind- mainly because if I did do it, the only way I'd ever do it would be to shoot it again- and that's a path I don't want to go back down.

With these adderall though, I have a lot more compulsion and urge for MORE MORE MORE. I was like that when I used to shoot coke and smoke crack years ago too. Stimulants seem to have that effect, at least on me. I was just wondering if amphetimines pushed a lot of people into meth, due to the compulsion to keep the high going, because i know if I did do it, I'd want to shoot it. Then I would want to be shooting everything. Then I would find myself dead very, very soon- because I am very self destructive and have no limits when in full blown addiction.

If even one person started out with amp and graduated to meth....it is a valid reason to harm millions that need scripted amps by denying them medicine - opiate logic
^^^^^ As a chronic pain sufferer, I totally get this. I wonder why the opiate stigma doesn't flow over into the RX amphetimines- it seems like every other person I know has an ADHD script, and doctors hand them out like nothing, while someone with legit pain issues has to fight tooth and nail to even get a tramadol script, let alone something that actually works.

I mean, they're both controlled substances. The only thing I can come up with is that overdose of opiates is far more likely to cause death than an overdose of amphetimines, and doctors are paranoid. I think that's the DEA's reasoning for creating all the crazy loopholes regarding opiate scripts- the fatalities, along with the huge heroin outbreak that is effecting the suburbs now. It's always been in big cities, but no one cared. Now that heroin is affecting their kids and neighborhoods white America is freaking out.

Actually studies have been done to show that adderall, dexedrine, vyvanse, etc. Are all every bit as toxic as meth, and just as addictive.

Not saying that you aren’t right cause I haven’t yet read those studies myself, just asking. I’d always been under the impression that methamphetamine does more damage than those you listed due to its effect on serotonin which the others (as I understand) lack? Or am I completely wrong? When you say just as toxic I assume you’re referring to neurotoxicity, correct?

But even taking your word on the studies on their toxicity, you have other aspects to consider. The methamphetamine used in the studies was likely pharmaceutical grade and therfore didn’t contain the dangerous impurities often present in street meth. As for the part about being just as addictive might be true if the methamphetamine used was in pill form (Desoxyn) but the majority of street meth definitely is not. Street meth has ROAs that aren’t available for the RX amps that make it more addictive.

Meth and adderall are nearly identical, with meth having one additional methyl group, which allows it to cross the bbb faster and increases potency, both affect serotonin in the brain, both are heavily addictive and both are neurotoxic. What you stated about roa's I agree with, that is the main reason meth seems more addictive.

You could say the same thing bout meth that everyone loves to say about opiates.

That the majority of meth users first tried prescription stimulants. Therefore prescription stims are the problem and nobody should receive them.

Yes I started with dexedrine, and then ended up moving to meth... which I used regularily for a year. It was way more euphoric than dexedrine, the meth rush I still think is the most euphoric feeling in the world. I've tried adderal once, it sucks even compared to dexedrine.

Deemgd, I really think meth will be irresistible to you if you like adderal so much.

Adderal was so fucking heavenly the first time I used it (well heh, 90mg). I felt like I had the flu all night after it but it was completely worth it, it blew MDMA way out of the water and that was my habit drug

Honestly for me the prescription meds felt dirty, don't really care for them. Adderall did in a pinch, but I didn't like it much.

Yeah I started with using Adderall before I started using meth. Never had a legitimate Rx for em though...I'd buy them off other people at college. Lol. What a stereotypical place to buy pharma speed, right?

Eventually I started hanging out with more tweakers and hillbillies, though, and started going a little hard on the shard ;)

Interestingly enough, for opiates there was no "Rx--->hard drug" transition (as obsessively referenced on the news, little Billy crashing his dirt bike, getting hooked on Vicodin before losing his Rx & transitioning to life as raging smack junkie)...pretty much started out of the gate w/ tar

That's how it is, most people don't go from pills to heroin, unless the pills were illicit to begin with.

Interestingly enough, for opiates there was no "Rx--->hard drug" transition (as obsessively referenced on the news, little Billy crashing his dirt bike, getting hooked on Vicodin before losing his Rx & transitioning to life as raging smack junkie)...pretty much started out of the gate w/ tar

Same for me, I shot up heroin my first time using it- before ever touching a prescription opiate.

While I'm not a regular meth user, I have tried it several times over the past 15 years, always snorted. I can say based on my experiences that it's stronger and more euphoric than d-amphetamine. My biggest issue with tweak was the duration from a large dose...one time in high school I did what seeemed like a tiny line and didn't sleep for three nights in a row. I aced every test and played the best sports of my life, but it was fucking miserable being tweaked two days later.

Honestly if I were you, I'd try to cut back on your Adderall usage and get some perspective. The way I read OP's posts, it's almost like they've already made up their mind to try tweak should they find it. DON'T.

Just like Heroin, just don't do it. They're both similar to their chemical cousins, but there's a reason meth is meth and dope is dope. They're more intense and FAR more addictive than Adderall or Vicodins. Don't want to sound preachy but I just kicked a two year dope addiction and it blows my mind how different dope was than any other opiate I'd taken before (which is virtually every one). I think a big part of the problem is that with Rx drugs, you have say 30 pills/month. Once you run out you're done, so you naturally try to keep a few around. With street drugs though, you have an unlimited supply (money notwistanding), so it's super easy to suddenly find youself on a 3-5 day bender.

I have several friends and family members who are heavy tweak users and while they're better off than when they were doing dope and pawning shit, it's still no way to live. You have your Rx drugs, use them as directed and maybe save one or two for a fun weekend. Don't "graduate" to meth, keep off the dope and don't even look at a needle. But you already know all of this. Don't be stupid and fall into another addiction, you already kicked dope ten years ago.

Last edited:
How did I come late to this? Oh, yeah, cause meth user.

Anyway, no, never been scripted any kind of stimulant. Have taken a single prescription something pill, probably Adderall, once. Didn't notice anything, but then I was pretty drunk and the pill-offerer was probably trying to sober me up.

Can you imagine the horror of offering to sober up someone with a hit off a meth pipe? SO MUCH MORE incredibly EVIL and soul-rotting than the benevolent ethanol molecules cradling my brain and liver.

I came at it the other way around - did stims recreationally, now in the process of moving to RX amps for ADHD. UK is a bit behind the US in terms of prescribing stims to kiddies you see...

Lol yes "behind" don't you brits know, every kid has adhd and needs amphetamines to be productive.