• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Heroin thread v.XXIV -- welcome back, PinkPapaver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you snapped out if it that fast, it must have been mostly psychological and a lot less pharmacological.
Still sounds like a panic attack to me

So... thought I'd journal the Bernese Method that I'm attempting here, if it works then it might help people induct easier to subs, if It doesn't then I'll be in a world of pain by day 3 or 4...

Started 'Day 1' today - took a shot around 6pm last night of .35g H, usually I'd take another before bed, but didn't and took a few benzos, tossed and turned a bit, drifted in and out of sleep until about 6am this morning, was sweating, needing a shot. Before I did this I took 0.25mg of Bupe SL as planned, then proceeded with normal morning shot. Today has felt no different than normal. No PWD. Took two more 0.35 shots of H throughout day: 12am and 8pm-ish.

'Day 2' tomorrow - might take 0.5mg Bupe in morning (rather than planned second day of 0.25mg), then drop daily shots of H to 0.3g.

Last edited:
So... thought I'd journal the Bernese Method that I'm attempting here, if it works then it might help people induct easier to subs, if It doesn't then I'll be in a world of pain by day 3 or 4...

Started 'Day 1' today - took a shot around 6pm last night of .35g H, usually I'd take another before bed, but didn't and took a few benzos, tossed and turned a bit, drifted in and out of sleep until about 6am this morning, was sweating, needing a shot. Before I did this I took 0.25mg of Bupe SL as planned, then proceeded with normal morning shot. Today has felt no different than normal. No PWD.

'Day 2' tomorrow - might take 0.5mg Bupe in morning (rather than planned second day of 0.25mg), then drop daily shots of H to 0.3g.

Good luck.

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for the replies, the thought of a 'bad hit' was definitely in my mind when this happened but coz alot of the symptoms were similar I couldn't be sure it wasn't a panic attack (as you described Squeaky), thing is I can usually get myself out of a panic attack and this lasted for hrs (including the physical symptoms I described), what I didint mention was that I felt so rough I actually googled the nearest doctors clinic and was literally in the que (not sure what I was actually gonna say to the receptionist!) but just being there was helping at that moment (was thinking at least if I have a heart attack I'm near a doc!), then my phone rang..my work mate had noticed me gone for ages "where the fuck are you?".."just getting fags" and with that I snapped out of imminent heart attack mode and did a u turn back to work, had to just work through it and finally symptoms wore off, can you have a bad hit even off the same gear that has been fine for days?

Yes, you can definitely get a bad hit off the same gear that's been previously fine. Although it's often called 'cotton fever', I don't think it's actually been proven to be caused by using cotton filters. I've certainly had bad hits when using filters provided by the needle exchange. IMO, it's more likely to be from a foreign body injected into the bloodstream that causes some sort of immune reaction.

Funnily enough, I also had one at work once. I was working late and was on my own in the office, though there were other people in the building. I snuck off to the bogs for a dig of some gear I'd been having regularly (usual dose) and when I got back started feeling quite unwell - sweating, rapid heartbeat, headache, legs like jelly and feeling like I was going to collapse at any minute. I was that worried that I was going to keel over I wrote on a piece of paper "I've overdosed on heroin" and held it in my hand in the hope that someone would find me in time. About an hour later, I just suddenly snapped out of it. After work I went home, had another hit of the same gear with absolutely no ill effects.

Incidentally, I've also had the same effect when as an ignorant teenager, I cooked up a shot using malt vinegar... :\

*Edited last post 'Day 1' to include what time I took other shots of H at*

'Day 2' of Bernese Method - Woke up around 6am, took 0.5mg of Bupe SL - no PWD - then proceeded to take 0.3g of H (drop in usual amount). Feel fine just now, will edit post later when I take other shots of H. Yesterday I only took 3 shots of my usual amount all day, I had planned this around my normal 4 shots. Edit: took 0.3g shots of H at 11.45am & 7pm-ish (thats's only 3 shots throughout day when I'm used to taking 4 before starting this induction experiment).

'Day 3' tomorrow - Will take 1mg Bupe in morning, then drop daily shots of H to 0.25g.

Last edited:
'cotton fever' is usually bacterium on the filter especially if its been left damp for a while. In my 30 odd years of shooting never had it once.

'cotton fever' is usually bacterium on the filter especially if its been left damp for a while. In my 30 odd years of shooting never had it once.

30 years of shooting up.wow thats a nice life expentancy for a iv drug user.Do you still have usable veins?

Yeh, I've heard that hypothesis, but didn't think it had been proven. But whatever the cause, have you never experienced something similar with the symptoms poppyplease and myself describe?

Cotton fever is a bacterial infection first experienced by cotton farmers. The bacteria lives in cotton and is usually not a problem for humans, unless you are injecting it into your veins. It breeds like wildfire in damp, warm environments, like a petree dish (or moist cotton!) And has never truly been studied in the IV drug use community, since most addicts refrain from seeking medical attention and its effects generally subside within the first 24 hours of onset. It is almost never fatal.
So, start with normal cotton that is housing a little of the bacteria. Get it wet and keep it warm(such as in your pocket). Then filter out the bacteria you have grown into a needle and inject it. Voila!

'Day 3' of Bernese Method yesterday - Took 1.25mg Bupe in morning, then 3 shots of 0.25g H throughout day. Felt slight soreness in back last night, but nothing too severe.

'Day 4' - Took 2mg of Bupe this morning and have had two shots of 0.2g H today - one shot at 6am after bupe and another at 11ish (slightly earlier than usual). Feeling more sore today than last few, think today and tomorrow will be more of a struggle.

'Day 5' Took 4mg bupe in morning, the H should be getting blocked by that point, but the bupe has been building in my system. Edit: Ended up taking another 2mg bupe throughout day, so total of 6mg - no PWD. Also upped H slightly to cover residual WDs and had further two 0.25g of H shots.

Overall so far it's been going well, H use had been dropping and sub use increasing daily.

Last edited:
i actually like morphine much more than oxycodon.Also when i take double my usual dose morphin i am floored to no end but with oxy i can take as much as i want and i dont get to the point where its too much

Be very careful with starting on bupes!ive suffered precipitated withdrawal and it was the scariest drug experience of my life! I’ve never felt worse in my life and I was on my own so I was scared shitless so be very careful folks.if it was me I wouldn’t mix any kind of agonist with opiates in my system.just my thoughts be very careful please and good luck ������������������

I have had suck great results from Loperamide. Im using it right now. Best part is its otc and you can taper at any rate you want.

I have had suck great results from Loperamide. Im using it right now. Best part is its otc and you can taper at any rate you want.

Unfortunately, here in the UK. You are limited to buying two packs of 6 (12 total) tablets. Nothing to stop you from going around a lot of shops though. You can't seem to get them in massive numbers like you can in the States.

Be very careful with starting on bupes!ive suffered precipitated withdrawal and it was the scariest drug experience of my life! I?ve never felt worse in my life and I was on my own so I was scared shitless so be very careful folks.if it was me I wouldn?t mix any kind of agonist with opiates in my system.just my thoughts be very careful please and good luck ������������������

I completely understand, but this Bernese Method I've been attempting starts of with microdoising... give it a wee google. I'm on Day 6 now of this overlapping method, it's been easier than waiting the 24hrs to induct which has always been a struggle. I'm still not totally there yet, but i'm getting there.

'Day 6' Bernese Method - Woke up later today than usual, around 8ish... didn't feel as bad for fiending for a fix as i normally do around 6am! Took 8mg of Bupe SL... actually felt not bad, was thinking this could be the day I drop H completely and will stabilise over next few days on 8mg. About an hour later the 'voice in my head' told me to have a shot, I probably won't feel it anyway. So took 0.25g shot of H. Now, I was quite surprised because I felt something although significantly reduced, got the taste etc.

I think the battle will be more psychological from here on now... maybe I should stick to 8mg bupe or up to 12mg tomorrow, I'm not sure. However there needs to be a time now where I actually put down the gear and just stick with bupe.

This point in the Bernese Method youre doing sounds like the same point Im always doing with Loperamide. Right when I let go of oxy completely I have this burning fear that I will fall into full opiate withdrawl. I spend two days totally stressed about my responsibilities and fear that I will be really sick and everyone will know. It does help me to have an extra dose around the 24 hour mark just to remind myself that I can do it whenever I want(wont run out of lope like I do oxy)
Every time it passes with zero physical wds. I sleep ok(good enough). Its all psychological and a week later I realize it was all in my head. Im in day 5 right now since my last oxy and I miss my pills terribly, but no wds at all.

This point in the Bernese Method youre doing sounds like the same point Im always doing with Loperamide. Right when I let go of oxy completely I have this burning fear that I will fall into full opiate withdrawl. I spend two days totally stressed about my responsibilities and fear that I will be really sick and everyone will know. It does help me to have an extra dose around the 24 hour mark just to remind myself that I can do it whenever I want(wont run out of lope like I do oxy)
Every time it passes with zero physical wds. I sleep ok(good enough). Its all psychological and a week later I realize it was all in my head. Im in day 5 right now since my last oxy and I miss my pills terribly, but no wds at all.

How you doing? Day 5, if all is going well then you should be on Day 9 now, if so then well done!

I'm on Day 10 of this Bernese Method, I was planning to have the H totally dropped by now, but I had a wee benzo crisis for 48hrs that took things 'off course'. But, anyway, the crisis is over and I should really be able to just continue with the Bupe and drop the H now.

Im solid on zero oxy day 9 I think. Tapering about 25% every 4 or 5 days. Practically no wds. Sleeping great with Lorazepam . Even had a normal bowel movement two days ago without any laxatives. I get my oxy script in a week so...... we will see what I decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.