• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Krantom makes me Gag, how do you do it?

Risenshiner2

Greenlighter
I tried getting off H with kratom. But omg it is awful. I gag all the time. How do you take it.

I buy a small, wide mouth bottle of OJ, like 8 or 10 oz or so. Sip off a little of the juice. dump in kratom. Shake vigorously. chug. Can you usually down it in two swallows. OJ or any other strong tasting citrus juice mask the taste pretty well.

I do toss and wash as the capsules, for some strange reason, don’t seem to work for me. That being said, I regularly equate it to medieval torture. The only reason I don’t gag and throw it up, as far as I can tell, is pure desperation. If I weren’t in acute wds, I’m not sure you could pay me enough to take it (unless you were Bill Gates, then you could).

All of that being said, Kratom has saved my fucking life on more than a couple occasions.

- VE

^good to see you around VE! :)

Yes kratom is pretty gross. The bitter flavor isn't as bad as PPT as far as I'm concerned, but kratom's grainy consistency is what really made it particularly distasteful when I took it. Eventually you'll get used to the flavor of kratom (at least to a degree) as you begin to associate pleasurable effects with taking it - makes it a little easier to get down (conditioning/motivation I guess).

There are a lot of descriptions of different ways to take it in Erowid experience reports.

The least disgusting method for me was capsules, but that is time consuming (if you fill them yourself) or a little ridiculously expensive (if you buy them prefilled). And having to take a lot of capsules can't be good for the gut as far as I can tell.

Yogurt helped me.. The grainy consistency is what was tough for me

I heat up about 6 ounces of water in a cup and add a big glob of honey and a tea bag. I let the tea steep for a minute or two and then add about 4 grams of kratom powder and stir until the honey and the kratom powder dissolves (mostly). Then it goes down the hatch. I don't find the taste objectionable. Then again, I will eat a lemon like an apple and when I need to take an aspirin or two, I could just as easily chew them as wash them down with water.

This is more appropriate for drug basics. Moving there.

Tea is more raunchy then toss and wash. Many kratom alkaloids are only soluble in boiling water so when you make tea you get this nasty insanely bitter powder at the bottom. Citric acid does not help with this, and will just make sour and bitter tea if you add excess lemon/lime juice. If you just have trouble getting the solid powder down tea can be a good alternative but it?s still not gonna taste good.

I use to wash 5-6 grams at a time down with some plain tap water, yeah it was bitter but if you can do it quick it?s over with in a few seconds. I guess i just have a resistance to foul taste as i use to chug cheap liquor and suck on xanax when i was a younger man.

I always used gelatin capsules (or plant based vegetarian ones) and snipped off each end with scissors before swallowing. it's not really that time consuming unless you want a big dose all at once in whixh case mix it with something sweet and chug it down

One of the easiest quickest ways to consume Kratom - without having to taste it - is to parachute it. You basically dump 1-3 g onto a square of (clean) toilet paper, fold it up well, place in mouth and wash it down with something. Repeat however many times needed.

Don't try to do dump too much powder on to each square though. If you make the parachutes too big they can be difficult to swallow and they can also tear open more easily.

Capsules work too but it's pain in the ass filling them imo. You can also use a capsule filling machine but I never bothered, the toilet paper method is as quick and easy as it gets.

Back when I still indulged in kratom, I never had any issue toss and washing it with water. I'd tilt my head back, close off my throat and let a bit of water pool at the back of my mouth. Dump the powder (sometimes a few g's at a time, since at the height, I was taking a shitload at a time), and then dump more water and swallow. The taste never bothered me much, but I like bitter flavors.

^good to see you around VE! :)

Yes kratom is pretty gross. The bitter flavor isn't as bad as PPT as far as I'm concerned, but kratom's grainy consistency is what really made it particularly distasteful when I took it. Eventually you'll get used to the flavor of kratom (at least to a degree) as you begin to associate pleasurable effects with taking it - makes it a little easier to get down (conditioning/motivation I guess).

There are a lot of descriptions of different ways to take it in Erowid experience reports.

The least disgusting method for me was capsules, but that is time consuming (if you fill them yourself) or a little ridiculously expensive (if you buy them prefilled). And having to take a lot of capsules can't be good for the gut as far as I can tell.

I know you said you got off methadone a couple or a few years ago. Now you've recently stopped kratom, I think. Had you been using kratom pretty regularly since you got off methadone? If so, looking back do you feel like you stayed on it too long? I'm just trying to get an idea of when it becomes more of a liability than a benefit since I've been taking it pretty regularly since I got off bupe last October. I know it seemed like it took a good 4-6 months to start feeling somewhat normal after getting off methadone and clonazepam in 2013 even with having the bupe.

I didn't start taking kratom until about a year after I got off methadone. Taking it wasn't about dealing with stuff related to opioid withdrawal for me, more taking it instead of some more appropriate medication because I didn't really have access to much else at wasn't super harmful/illegal/etc.

With the kratom, I used it almost daily for a few months at the end of 2017 after taking it occasionally since the middle of the summer of the same year. It wasn't too bad getting off it - worse than I thought but not like detoxing from methadone/buprenorphine/heroin/any other opioid I've tried.

The easier thing about the kratom detox was that it took much less time to bounce back to feeling more or less normal afterwards; what I didn't like was the shitty depression/anhedonia for a week or two.

I heat up about 6 ounces of water in a cup and add a big glob of honey and a tea bag. I let the tea steep for a minute or two and then add about 4 grams of kratom powder and stir until the honey and the kratom powder dissolves (mostly). Then it goes down the hatch. I don't find the taste objectionable. Then again, I will eat a lemon like an apple and when I need to take an aspirin or two, I could just as easily chew them as wash them down with water.

This is exactly what I do, and it works well :) certain teas like lemon zinger can help cut through the taste.

To those of you who T&W with cold liquids: just heat up water or something, stir in the kratom, and it will disperse. You really need heat to get the powder to mix into the water, and then it's 100x easier to get it down. No coughing or choking.

Or I guess you could parachute if the taste is that bad

If you are coughing or choking on your kratom you?re doing it wrong anyway. Take a deep breath in before you throw the powder in your mouth, that way you aren?t inhaling any kratom dust.

One of the easiest quickest ways to consume Kratom - without having to taste it - is to parachute it. You basically dump 1-3 g onto a square of (clean) toilet paper, fold it up well, place in mouth and wash it down with something. Repeat however many times needed.

Don't try to do dump too much powder on to each square though. If you make the parachutes too big they can be difficult to swallow and they can also tear open more easily.

Capsules work too but it's pain in the ass filling them imo. You can also use a capsule filling machine but I never bothered, the toilet paper method is as quick and easy as it gets.

I still don?t understand why people put themselves through the toss and wash nonsense. Especially when it?s a habit and you have to do it multiple times a day.

I have been parachuting it since the day I realized how much more expensive buying capsules was. And to be honest, now on the occasion I do swallow some capsules, they don?t go down as easily as parachuting it, seemingly because they?re hard, where as the toilet paper is soft.

Granted, parachuting can take a little bit to get used to (I?ve seen several people choke as it breaks up in their throat the first time they try), but once you do it?s second-nature. Bang, bang, bang, done. One minute.

I still dont understand why people put themselves through the toss and wash nonsense, said the guy who eats toilet paper.

There are people in this world with addiction to eating toilet paper... It's a thing, seriously. So yes, in the extreme, eating toilet paper can be a bad thing for a variety of reasons and the information is out there on the internet if anyone cares to look.

However, eating a few sheets a day isn't really all that bad (admittedly, this is my opinion not necessarily a hard fact). Especially when you consider all the other garbage most (some) of us eat every day. Toilet paper is designed to break up quickly in water. A few sheets spread throughout day isn't likely to harm anyone as far as I know.

If your going to parachute drugs and you want to make sure you do it as safe and health consciously as possible then do some research. If you're concerned there are things to consider about the toilet paper your consuming: fragrances, bpa's, furans, formaldehyde, whether or not its bleached, etc.

ALSO Don't just rip and use a square off the roll right next to your toilet (ewww). Keep a fresh sanitary roll - that hasn't already been stored in your bathroom -away from your bathroom and use that instead. Think of MythBusters Toothbrush Fecal Matter episode and plan accordingly.