• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realized it's been over a year since I dumped my 3-meo-pcp in the toilet... What sucks is I still miss it.

However Saturday was my birthday. Nice weather here in Ohio so we made a bonfire and had a small party with some of my closest friends.

I treated myself to a PC upgrade for my bday. Bought the new Ryzen 2700x, and everything else for a new system minus a GPU. I'll just transplant my RX480 8gb from my old system. The motherboard only arrived yesterday but I got the important bits together to make sure it all works and got Windows installed. Cable management is gonna take longer than actual assembly and driver installation. I'm pretty excited though, been using my 3570k for 6-7 years now and it's just not quite enough for all that I ask of it.

^Hey mate :) I'm good, I'm stimmed up! Australia is okay though my mist hated season is coming up. Fuck you winter, Fuck you.

No kangaroo in the city but there's a lot in the outer burbs. There's a really sweet group who have lived near my aunt for years. They seem healthy and relatively unconcerned by humans in general. Fucking weird animals. I was tripping hard once and could not shake the impression that kangaroos are just people in suits :\

How are you? You seem pretty good eh

<3
I'm doing OK for now, getting better cause I've got fun stuff to look forward to next month. Better employment right now than I've ever had really so thats nice. I'm kickin it though
Have you ever fed that group of kangaroos? I wonder if they're like stray cats you feed them once and then they always come back cause if i was down there I'd be feeding them all types of people food so I'd hopefully have a kangaroo crew within a few days

Doom metal. Funeral doom metal to be precise. Mournful Congregation. Aussie crushing doom!

Nice, I enjoyed "The Book of Kings", but had kind of forgotten about it. Now that you mentioned them I realized they have a new album out ?
Also lolled at this xD :
Fucking weird animals. I was tripping hard once and could not shake the impression that kangaroos are just people in suits :\
Sounds like quite a mindfuck.

Realized it's been over a year since I dumped my 3-meo-pcp in the toilet... What sucks is I still miss it.

However Saturday was my birthday. Nice weather here in Ohio so we made a bonfire and had a small party with some of my closest friends.

I treated myself to a PC upgrade for my bday. Bought the new Ryzen 2700x, and everything else for a new system minus a GPU. I'll just transplant my RX480 8gb from my old system. The motherboard only arrived yesterday but I got the important bits together to make sure it all works and got Windows installed. Cable management is gonna take longer than actual assembly and driver installation. I'm pretty excited though, been using my 3570k for 6-7 years now and it's just not quite enough for all that I ask of it.
Is there a reason you opted for a Ryzen over a new Coffee Lake Intel? Even the i5-8600k blows most Ryzen 7 out of the water on shear single/quad core speeds. You using it for more multitasking than gaming?

This weekend I'm going to see two shows... on Friday I'm seeing Todd Snider with friends and my girlfriend is coming too which is awesome because she rarely wants to go to see shows with me but I think she'll really like him. I'm super excited, it's him solo and I've seen him one other time, and it was really a wonderful show. Then Saturday I'm going back to the same venue for a day festival featuring Keller Williams Grateful Grass, Freeway Revival, and some other bands I don't know. My girl isn't coming to that one, gonna take some acid with my friends and have a blast. :) In fact I may try an AMT and AL-LAD combo although maybe just one or the other since the last time I did that combo it was really intense (but good, and I also took it at a show then although it was at night/in the dark). Or maybe try AMT and 2C-C. Or maybe just LSD. I don't know yet! But I'm excited about this weekend. :)

A couple weeks ago I quit drinking tea every day. Man, I really miss it... green tea is super euphoric for me. :( But I'm still letting myself have a few cups on the weekend, and I'm sleeping better at night. :) We'll see how long this lasts before I cave... lol.

Wow I'd like to get to the point where I had to battle myself on quitting caffeine. I have some caffeine every morning and it's just a given, I don't really have plans to stop either. It doesn't interact with my sleep at all though, I don't really see a downside except that it's probably healthier to not take any stimulant, even caffeine.

Hey friends :)

I see some new faces and some familiar old ones.

Hope all my swirlies are still swirlin' it up. <3

Hey friends :)

I see some new faces and some familiar old ones.

Hope all my swirlies are still swirlin' it up. <3

Dude, how long has it been since you've posted in PD? I literally *just* started posting here again after a long break, too. The other day I thought about you, 'cause I remembered your whole "wood" vs "non-wood" classification thing. :D (Nobody else will know what we're talking about.)

Hey Roger! So weird, I came upon one of your old posts earlier today and I was like, I wonder how that dude's doing? Nice to see you! :) How's it going?

sup roger? good to see you here. might wanna stick around PD more instead of TL in the future? ;)

I am at University atm writing some shit for my bachelor's Thesis, allthough not really motivated, because I don't see myself doing a masters degree in chemistry after all. but yesterday I checked out the masters degrees at the University for agriculture and life science and they have some interesting master programs. with this possibility, I might have enough Motivation to finish this motherfucker bsc in the near future.

thinking about either agroecology or horticultural science...

PS for everyone how has a hard time getting tired in the evening, I recommend a strong infusion of hops flowers. works pretty well for minor sleep issues, allthough it won't touch serious insomnia of course. I really wanna mix hops with Lemon balm to see if that could increase the effect, since Lemon balm itself is pretty calming and slightly anxiolytic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Gravy? View Post
Is there a reason you opted for a Ryzen over a new Coffee Lake Intel? Even the i5-8600k blows most Ryzen 7 out of the water on shear single/quad core speeds. You using it for more multitasking than gaming?
Gaming benchmarks are run with just the game open. I'm too lazy to shut stuff down to game so technically yes I multitask.

I'm also a closet AMD fanboi. Plus Spectre/Meltdown patches are still slowing Intel down enough for ryzen to be pretty competitive. I just wish their GPUs were. I regret buying a 480 instead of a 1060. At least I got it under MSRP before the mining craze spiked last year.

^Yeah, I wish I could get a 1060 as well, but my coworker sold me his rx480 for only a hundred bucks when he upgraded to a 1080, so it was a no-brainer.

AMD has some real cool stuff going on with the Ryzen series I must admit. 8 core multi-threading? Yes please! I only opted for the i5-8600k as it has higher marks for gaming and I got it for below MSRP due to a loophole in my employer's price system. I'm definitely going to miss having multi-threading (my current core is an i7-860) but the i5 will be so much quicker that i doubt I'll even notice it's gone. It has higher marks than my old i7 even in the multi-core category.

Picked up the motherboard and a wireless adapter today, thus completing my build. Gonna bring it all to my coworker's place tomorrow night and throw it all together. Not excited about going from windows 7 to windows 10, but gotta keep with the times.

doges
i'm wrecked atm
like blurry vision wrecked.
idk how much i've done since the afternoon, i havent been like absolutely killing it but i did end up getting higher than II had intended.
it always happens like suddenly like 3/4 hours after becoming OCD/stuck/dumb shit i am just suddenly like oh yeah dumbass here do something else be normal.
i was stuck for a few hours farrming i'm not gonna lie, although I am pretty sure I did actually accidentally lose some shit.
dont care right now for some reason i'm just like real semi apathetic like it isnt like i cant afford to buy more and it isn't like i'll have to worry about that much more because i'm done buying just single grams (again, i used to buy just half grams and .5s rarely until I was 21 right after i got outta jail. got a .5 free within a few days of being out and from then on i'd buy single grams occasionally but after a few times where i had an 8ball thrown to me for being smart nd making it known when the shit i got was heavily cut with MSM and why would i wanna spend if this is what you sell esp since your shit isn't even cheap, its actually a little expensive as far as shard goes )
ANYWAY
i'll be high as shit all night.
i'm gonna do more here in maybe an hour? idk whenever i feel like it, once my mom's asleep
the good shit makes me liek apathetic sometimes.
like i'm layin on bed with the laptop music playing and i'm just not too concerned bout anything cause shit why worry.
like i wish the cops would try to run down on me (which would only happen if what i thought all summer-on really, on speed and not on speed honestly. i've been just telling myself lately that it doesn't matter anyway and that i''m just going to go about business as usual and if they fuck with me dont let them think they can just do whatever i'll show them i'm with the shits and fight them until they can restrain me)
itll be like 15 mins i think till i do more, not sure how i'mma do it though..

Last edited:
I decided yesterday that I'm going to not drink or smoke any cigarettes for at least an entire week, starting today. And that I am going to give up stimulants, period. I've just been feeling myself having more and more trouble feeling balanced and healthy. I did start working out again recently, along with my girlfriend, so that's a good step.

I gave up caffeine a while ago due to my anxiety issues and, surprisingly, I don't miss it at all. I used to laugh when people said that an apple gives you more energy than a cup of coffee, but I actually believe it now. I've never been a breakfast person, but if I force myself to eat a banana or (if I'm actually hungry when I wake up) a small bowl of oatmeal, it gives me a boost of energy without the jitters that caffeine causes.

I'm down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day, and I've gotten to the point where a whole one actually makes me feel a little sick. I can usually only smoke half at a time. For someone who used to go through a pack in two hours (not every day, but at a party or whatever), it amazes me that my tolerance has gotten so low.

Doom metal. Funeral doom metal to be precise. Mournful Congregation. Aussie crushing doom!

I'll have to check it out. I was looking at symphonic doom metal not too long ago and decided to create my own; I wrote a melodic instrumental using a basic C-Em-Dm-G progression, then recorded it using a combination of piano and strings (all done on synthesizer) layered with some heavy drums and the most distorted guitar sounds that I could find. As my mom said, "That would be beautiful if you took out all the noise."!

That meant that I had achieved exactly what I was going for
=D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds cool man :)

But do check out Mournful Congregation's newest, it's got some incredibly slow bits. The snare is this huge cavernous thing played very rarely.

I gave up caffeine a while ago due to my anxiety issues and, surprisingly, I don't miss it at all. I used to laugh when people said that an apple gives you more energy than a cup of coffee, but I actually believe it now. I've never been a breakfast person, but if I force myself to eat a banana or (if I'm actually hungry when I wake up) a small bowl of oatmeal, it gives me a boost of energy without the jitters that caffeine causes.

Apples actually are probably the best fruit for energy as they give you a little shot of Hydrogen, which is amazing for the body.

It's what I've heard from a friend who researches the effects of Hydrogen on the body. Apparently searching for that comes up with nothing though, so I'll have to reach out for sources.

Hydrogen is the most volatile compound there is, the molecule moves so fast that it can easily reach escape velocity and exit the atmosphere for good, which is the reason you cannot find it in the atmosphere at all.

there is no hydrogen in H2 form in apples, and either way, you body couldn't hold that stuff for a minute, even if you inhaled it straight from a container. it is also pretty non reactive if not burnt with oxygen or treated with a catalyst (eg Palladium).

what you have though in apples is loads of sugars, which are the most probable way they give you an energy boost ;)

I may need to lay off the etiz.. My trips are still trippy but MUCH less visual and less body sensations. Headspace is still there, with the goofy smile on my face but I can tell the trips are different than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.