• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

60 Hours into opiate withdrawal...

Congratulations!
Nice job! It is so very refreshing to hear these success stories.

Just an update, today is day 40 and I feel pretty good overall, sleeping is normal for the most part. My mood is getting better day by day, it's not 100% but it's getting better. As long as I stay busy doing things I'm in a good happy mood. Got back into the gym, I was into body building before I started doing these things so I've got back into that now and it takes up a lot of time.

Today is day 53, and I?m back to normal almost 100% I?d say. My mood is great, no more depression, back in the gym everyday.

Today is day 53, and I?m back to normal almost 100% I?d say. My mood is great, no more depression, back in the gym everyday.

I envy your dedication to the gym. It's one thing I know I should do and have 0 discipline for.:(

This post definitely gives me hope! I take about 20-40 mg oxy ER a day and hope to cold turkey soon . I have only made it 36 hours before almost going crazy from the restless legs and no sleep. It?s nice to see a positive thread . Good luck and keep us updated !
Try potassium pills for your restless legs. Immodium for your stomach. Melatonin for sleep.

Yeah maybe potassium helps but I haven't heard of that... magnesium definitely helps with restless legs and muscle tension.

What?s up everyone? Just giving an update I?m on day 98 now, and I?m 100% back to my old self. For anyone who thinks they can?t kick the habit, you can because I never thought I?d be able to do it. Life is so much better without them things.

Congratulations, Mtatz! Fantastic to hear that you are feeling yourself again. It's so hard to find faith in yourself when you are in the pit but it is the only way to get out. I'm glad that you believed in yourself.<3

Thank you. Definitely worth pushing thru all the bs to get off them. It doesn?t seem like life is any good off of them when you?re on them but trust me it is.

Congratulations, Mtatz! Fantastic to hear that you are feeling yourself again. It's so hard to find faith in yourself when you are in the pit but it is the only way to get out. I'm glad that you believed in yourself.<3

Thanks

Good for you !

I am a chronic pain patient with a fusion, DDD and several herniated discs. However, having said all that, I am sick of taking opiates for my pain. So I stopped CT Sat. I am on day 5 today. I feel depressed as fuck. When does that go away?

Good for you !

I am a chronic pain patient with a fusion, DDD and several herniated discs. However, having said all that, I am sick of taking opiates for my pain. So I stopped CT Sat. I am on day 5 today. I feel depressed as fuck. When does that go away?

Congrats on making day 5. I also stopped cold turkey and I?m happy I did because going through all that made me never want to take these things again. The depression for me lingered on and off for a while. I?m sure it?s different for everyone but I?m 100% back to normal now. It took a while, the hardest part for me was definitely the insomnia. I didn?t start sleeping a good full night probably until after the first month and a half. The depression sucks, lack of mativation to do anything. The best advise I can give you is find something you like to do to take up that time you would?ve been doing them things. Get into a regular routine everyday, for me it?s going to the gym everyday after work. Just ride it out, if you?re on day 5 you?re pretty much done with the physical effects, now it?s going to be all mental. Just ride it out, I never thought I?d be able to be but I did and I?m on day 115 and I?ll tell you it only gets better, trust me!

Day 115 Fuck that's amazing!!! I am truly happy you're doing so well! I see some people take SSRI'S when quitting did you and if so did they help?

Yeah, the regular routine is a great idea, and riding it out is all I can do right now, I feel like a bag of shit, dragging myself around.

I am day 6 today, I actually slept last night! Crazy vivid dreams but who cares, I slept!!!

The physical sx are gone, the depression is still with me, that's what really sucks and just like you it makes me want to try really hard to find alternative ways to manage my pain!

Take care Mtatz88,
Ashley.