• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What does meth scar you with?

Bandit47

Greenlighter
Can meth damage your health? I don't mean unnoticeable minor damage like smoking cigarettes for just a couple months would do. Does meth actually permanently damage your ability to think, memorize, emotions or is that just temporary. I believe the brain slowly weakens as you continue to use meth once or more a week. But if you take a break, just few weeks to months and you'd feel absolutely normal and your brain heals where it was damaged. My friend has used for a year and he wants to quit cause he's depressed but feels hopeless he won't feel much better.

Yes it certainly can damage your health, and many long term methamphetamine addicts can show you that in an instant. As to whether the effects are long term or short term, I'd say either or both; I think it's partially more fluid and dependent on how you attempt to address whatever problems arise. People suffer serious debilitating brain damage in traffic accidents, and with rehabilitation go on to make full recoveries.

The human body has a remarkable ability to repair itself. Many people endure addiction and then go on to lead happy and successful lives. The idea that your friend(?) won't feel better (or can't) is clearly false. You just need to focus on giving yourself a bit of an upgrade (workout, get fit, meditate, eat healthy etc). The majority of people lead deeply unhealthy lives without the use of drugs. There is absolutely no reason why you can't far surpass them in terms physical and mental wellbeing.

Moving this to Sober Living, as this isn't really empathogen discussion. Apologies if it doesn't fit!

Heavy neurocognitive damage, specifically to the reward center. Learning and memory, and goal oriented behavior will be affected for years to come if it isn't permenant.

Worst case scenario after sustained sobriety is probably exacerbation of underlying mental health issues and/or a difficulty focusing and/or learning similar to what ADHD patients experience.

I'm trying to stress that all this is possible, but not gaurenteed. As the previous poster suggested, albeit meth probably has the most consequences, you can make great strides by simply making an effort to be more health conscious in the future.

I'm 70 days sober from 2 years of intermittent binge usage and I'm starting to return to my old self.

My experience is focus issues, I have short term memory loss, and depression is a pretty major side effect to quitting. But it's better than keeping using, I used for 2 years daily. The last 6 months there was no pleasure from anything just using to keep the suicidal thoughts away. Being sober I actually have some feelings again, so it's worth it.

Not hard to understand suicidal thinking after prolonged exposure to a chemically induced orgasm followed by an abrupt onset of anhedonia.

It depletes your body of dopamine. So yeah when nothing feels good shit sucks.

Not hard to understand suicidal thinking after prolonged exposure to a chemically induced orgasm followed by an abrupt onset of anhedonia.

Death and Coma are the only phisiological solutions to coming off such a high really. Living with 1,500,000% of your pleasure followed by a rebounding 1% is literally heaven and hell

Death and Coma are the only phisiological solutions to coming off such a high really. Living with 1,500,000% of your pleasure followed by a rebounding 1% is literally heaven and hell

It's actually been shown that meth produces 10 times the dopamine that sex does

I've been in hell a long time lol, little chilly Satan's bitch ass needs to turn up the heat

The only changes I've found in myself and what others can see are: My humor, my weight and desire to consume alcohol. My humor has become very dark. I've lost about 20lbs after 4 months of use and I've quit drinking completely. Which was a huge thing for me, I would get the shakes and get physically ill without drinking.

Idk what makes people use (meth)amphetamine compulsively as all I get from those is that it makes me a bit more focused and takes my tiredness away which is good for some uses but I don’t understand how it can alter your train of thoughts etc. or make you feel better as I have never experienced anything like it while on (meth)amphetamine. I don’t get the sex thing either as I have never felt that sex feels different under the influence as it does for example while using MDMA or LSD.

Idk what makes people use (meth)amphetamine compulsively as all I get from those is that it makes me a bit more focused and takes my tiredness away which is good for some uses but I don’t understand how it can alter your train of thoughts etc. or make you feel better as I have never experienced anything like it while on (meth)amphetamine. I don’t get the sex thing either as I have never felt that sex feels different under the influence as it does for example while using MDMA or LSD.

It's quite euphoric, especially when shot.

After you get a good high going you really don't need to use more, though, which is something many people don't realize (or their brains sense as too pleasurable not to use compulsively until psychosis). After I got a good high/rush I would ride it out until I felt like doing it again.

What kind of euphoria does it bring? I haven’t ever felt same kind of bodily euphoria such as MDMA does give or the over confident ego boost euphoria Ritalin gives or nothing like opiates give you. Have I been on bad patches or is the euphoria only present when used IV or smoked?

That's pretty subjective captain, I never felt any sort of euphoria from meth. I've met a couple others with similar reactions.

It's quite euphoric, especially when shot.

You're putting that mildly.

What kind of euphoria does it bring? I haven’t ever felt same kind of bodily euphoria such as MDMA does give or the over confident ego boost euphoria Ritalin gives or nothing like opiates give you. Have I been on bad patches or is the euphoria only present when used IV or smoked?

You know how some people will describe IV heroin as an orgasm? Well, IV methamp is more like that than heroin. The main difference between the rush between heroin and methamp (and other stims like cocaine) is that the rush on speed is more like the feeling of adrenaline rush (crystal clear vision, highly focused concentration, alert but not hyper vigilant attention - everything a fighter pilot needs!), whereas with IV (good) heroin it's more like a warm sauna filling up around one's body. If that makes any sense...

And for others, please note I'm only characterizing the pleasant aspects of the rush in my post here. The rush isn't necessarily all (or even mostly) pleasant. In fact, I have ZERO desire to ever use IV heroin again outside a hospital setting. Addiction issues aside, I've come to hate the rush of heroin (especially street heroin). I'd rather eat a brownie...

That's pretty subjective captain, I never felt any sort of euphoria from meth. I've met a couple others with similar reactions.

I never felt what I would call serious euphoria from methamp. Until injecting it. It's one hell of a fucking drug. I imagine it would only take a few months for that habit to entirely destroy what little life I have.

Then again, plenty of people get ZERO euphoria from methamp. I have a friend with ADHD who would use small doses, chill out a little after getting high, but never seemed to really get "high" in any stereotypical sense. He probably should have been taking dextroamp...

The last time I did meth years ago, I was really tore up, I ended up having my dad sleep downstairs on a couch right next to me. At one point I turned to him and asked "Dad, are you going to kill me?" I was sure he was going to kill me and make it look like a suicide. I am very turned off to Meth. This made me realize how thankful I should be for my family.