• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What does meth scar you with?

That sounds horrible. I don’t particularly like meth amp because it makes it impossible for me to “feel” or “be” who I am, if that makes any sense. Cocaine is even worse, making it even easier to completely overlook my values (let alone anything outside simply using more cocaine).

That sounds horrible. I don’t particularly like meth amp because it makes it impossible for me to “feel” or “be” who I am, if that makes any sense. Cocaine is even worse, making it even easier to completely overlook my values (let alone anything outside simply using more cocaine).

Sounds like neither one of us had any luck with coke or meth, I will say that it enhanced my art a little bit, but not nearly as much as Cannabis and some of the renowned hallucinogens. Some people aren't built for stimulants. I do know a small number of folks who seem to benefit from it. Very small number though lol

What kind of euphoria does it bring? I haven’t ever felt same kind of bodily euphoria such as MDMA does give or the over confident ego boost euphoria Ritalin gives or nothing like opiates give you. Have I been on bad patches or is the euphoria only present when used IV or smoked?

What bptubbs said is true; it is quite subjective.

Meth releases a lot of 5-ht, NE, DA all at once. The feeling really can't be described to anything else (if anything I would compare other euphorants to meth), mostly because the neurotransmitter release is so extreme and high level of DA (10 fold increase; much more dramatic increase than other drugs i.e. cocaine) so I don't think I'll try.

I will try to explain why some people don't like it though. The NE release is a lot like being confronted with a fear, or a fearful experience (extreme roller coaster). It's likely why many people panic, have anxiety attacks, become irrationally afraid of stimuli (visual auditorial stuff especially). It's anxiogenic to many people. Many people don't like feeling so acutely awake and alert to things.

Meth (especially injected) was highly psychedelic (I have HPPD/permeating visuals after all the trips I've done) and somewhat dissociative during the peak of the experience. I am almost entirely sure this is not an average experience (most people look at me weird when I indicate I see psychedelic visuals from marijuana and/or methamphetamine).

It is a highly subjective experience. I've watched the majority of people who use meth heavily end up having delusions, psychosis, irrational fears, some think they are experiencing heart attacks (which is a slightly valid fear, especially if you're injecting high dosages), and the whole time I am just feeling good. I never had delusions, got anxious, paranoid, etc. I've seen people lose their minds, never return to normal even after abstinence. I'm fully convinced these differences are due to brain structure and biochemistry differences.

It can feel like you're stepping into an entirely synthetic human being. It's quite surreal and the personality shift is remarkable. I will also agree it makes you feel like "someone else".

It likely contributes to the psychological dependency people have to the drug, especially if they are trying to "escape themselves", etc. As much as I used it and would love to do it again, I never had a problem stopping it and it actually feels quite good to get off it for me. Haven't done it in a few years.

With cocaine, I don't like moving around, I just want to take in the environment, and it doesn't last very long and I don't do anything or get anything accomplished. Never found much euphoria to it.

Last edited:
I never had any desire to do meth or cocaine until I tried IV injection, and the rush was what I loved. However, I disliked the actual feeling, beyond about the first hour on meth and the first 5 minutes on coke, and wanted heroin or benzoes or alcohol, if nothing else was available to come down from it. If nothing like that was available, then I'd get the "s'mores" and keep doing more of the stimulant. I went on a couple of short runs on both of those drugs, and it never felt good for very long. I just couldn't stand coming down from them, so kept doing more, and in the end I usually felt like I was completely insane and dissociated from my body. I had a couple of serious stimulant psychosis episodes, one on meth and one of cocaine that were terrible. Speedballs of either with heroin was another story, but if I'd had the money to do as much as I wanted, I'd have killed myself accidentally pretty quickly.

I've seen people with serious cognitive deficiencies, tics, involuntary movements, and other after-effects from long-term meth use. Some of them had been clean for ten years or more, so obviously they had somehow damaged their brains probably permanently. The depression from getting off meth lasts from 6 months to 18 months in most people. There's one school of thought that likes to put all early-recovery stimulant abusers on SSRI antidepressants for that length of time to try to improve their mood while their brains are healing, but there's another one that doesn't think adding psych drugs to an already damaged brain is a good idea and recommends exercise, nutrition, and focusing on recovery to get the brain making endorphins again.