• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction When I shoot up unfiltered pills of Subuxone and Zopiclone, where does all sh*t go?

DUDE STOP SHOOTING UP ANYTHING... YOU NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM THE NEEDLE OR YOURE GONNA LOOSE YOUR ARM OR YOUR LIFE! WELLBUTRIN AND AMBIEN ESPECIALLY HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO FUCKING CAUSE AMPUTATIONS AND YOU"VE BEEN SHOOTING THEM UNFILTERED. YOU NEED TO STOP NOW.

Maybe if you have to take something, take it by mouth like you're supposed to. You need to decide whats more important, the needle or your life. Get help , go to an inpatient rehab, you need it bad man

Motiv311, nice way to put it.

Unless it is made for injection, it probably contains something bad.

All pills are bad to inject. Some fillers may break down, but I haven't heard of any specifically.'

For those of you bugging out over "what's going to happen", you will be better off when you stop.

The sooner you stop injecting stupid pills that work better oral, the sooner your body will start to heal up.

We don't know all the long term effects or how exactly the body will adjust. The body may even adapt to cleaning trash out of it.

To the rest of you. The sooner you stop, the less issues there will be.

It might be a lot of hard work to stop, but if you truly want to, you can stop the habit.

Lastly HR is not about condemnation, it's about help. Telling people they are bad will never help.

People may have astonishingly stupid bad habits, but they can be helped if they want it.

its probably not giving you major problems because for cornstarch mixture to display that behavior its gotta be a relatively thick mix, probably at least 2 parts water to 1 part cornstarch, so putting a tiny amount into your bloodstream probably wont make it do that.........but still, cornstarch shouldn't be inside of you anywhere except your stomach from food.

A cure within 50 years? maybe, but I wouldn't count on it, the capillaries in your lungs are super delicate, any process that would "cure" that kind of damage would be extremely invasive and expen$ive, and im fairly confident that the prognosis for such a procedure wouldn't be good, that kind of work would have a pretty high failure (read: Death) rate.

its more likely than not you're going to keep experiencing these circulatory problems and they're gonna get worse. Gangrene is seriously agonizing and I've heard the regrettful story of one bluelighter who had injection complications from ambien (i think), he started the post asking a question about a swollen injection site and the thread ended when he got out of the hospital after getting an amputation. I could feel the regret through the computer man, all of that for a faster onset from ambien. hardly seems worth it and you'll never stop regretting it

Last edited:
Do you think that there will be a cure for these problems within 50 years?
If there is, you won't be around to gain any benefit from it. I'm surprised that you're still alive alive to begin with. Also, I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been closed yet. You have consistently been ignoring all advise that has been handed out to you, so far.

If there is, you won't be around to gain any benefit from it. I'm surprised that you're still alive alive to begin with. Also, I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been closed yet. You have consistently been ignoring all advise that has been handed out to you, so far.
Err, simply put: no.

It's rather: the only advise I haven't been able to follow is to stop shooting pills.

For example: this summer I had huge problems with amphetamine; I took large doses at once and then got a heartrate of 200 for 12 hours, and have dialled 911 more than once. This problem is almost completely gone. I haven't taken 1 g at once for months, and today is the first time I use it in two weeks. This is mostly due to BL's advice, since the health care people just told me I was fine and that I was overreacting, and I even if I was without money, I could make enough for a gram of amph in - at most - an hour, as long as it's not night.

Do you have any example of ignored advice, that isn't about shooting unfiltered stuff?

And why should the thread be locked? Which rules have I broke?

Today I shot some unfiltered pills, but then felt bad and went to the needle exchange and got alot of micron filters.

Now I won't shoot anymore unfiltered pills for some time. The challenge will come when I'm out of filters and either have to not shoot or get more. I really hope I will have the willpower not to shoot unfiltered anymore. Silicosis is no fun. It's horribel and it will keep getting worse even after I've quit shooting - that also makes it feel like it doesn't matter, that it's over.

One way to never shoot unfiltered again, is to get more filters before I'm out. As long as I have filters I use them.

Last edited:
Once I mixed a shitload of Clonazepam and Suboxone in a solution, but it was just too thick, so I used 50 ml of water and injected it randomly in my butt/hip.
dont ever shoot benzos. theres no need since orally they work just as well, this is just needle fixation.
dont ever shoot subs. subs are one of the absolute worst pills you can shoot, certain inactives in each formula are horrible when injected.
stop shooting 20mg bupe everyday, thats beyond unnecessary. i know its not as easy as just putting the rig down, but you dont really have a choice.
if you continue doing what youve been doing, not only will you most likely die, but it will probably be unimaginably painful, physically and emotionally.
I hope it works out for you, but if you choose not to stop youre doing it to yourself, and there are less miserable ways to kill yourself.

inactive ingredients in subutex and suboxone...

subutex inactives: anhydrous citric acid, corn starch, crospovidone, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, mannitol, povidone, and sodium citrate.

suboxone inactives: lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C Yellow No.6 color, magnesium stearate, and for flavoring, Acesulfame K sweetener and a lemon-lime flavor

Wow this is painful to read, really hope the OP managed to get some help, I'd consider this an emergency because you could still turn your life around if you seek help ASAP.
You obviously have a needle fixation but this is very serious stuff, shooting those unfiltered pills is way way worse than shooting heroin.

Last edited:
dont ever shoot benzos. theres no need since orally they work just as well, this is just needle fixation.
dont ever shoot subs. subs are one of the absolute worst pills you can shoot, certain inactives in each formula are horrible when injected.
stop shooting 20mg bupe everyday, thats beyond unnecessary. i know its not as easy as just putting the rig down, but you dont really have a choice.
if you continue doing what youve been doing, not only will you most likely die, but it will probably be unimaginably painful, physically and emotionally.
I hope it works out for you, but if you choose not to stop youre doing it to yourself, and there are less miserable ways to kill yourself.

inactive ingredients in subutex and suboxone...

subutex inactives: anhydrous citric acid, corn starch, crospovidone, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, mannitol, povidone, and sodium citrate.

suboxone inactives: lactose, mannitol, cornstarch, povidone K30, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C Yellow No.6 color, magnesium stearate, and for flavoring, Acesulfame K sweetener and a lemon-lime flavor
The solution, after I've filtered it, is as clear as water and you really couldn't tell the difference between them by just looking at them.

Wow this is painful to read, really hope the OP managed to get some help, I'd consider this an emergency because you could still turn your life around if you seek help ASAP.
You obviously have a needle fixation but this is very serious stuff, shooting those unfiltered pills is way way worse than shooting heroin.
Yes, it's mostly a needle fixation, but it's also a) wanting as high BA as possible, and b) the fact that there's a little rush when IV:ing some benzos.

As long as you ensure you’re using proper filtration via micro filters and fresh, sterile rigs from the exchange you’ll be able to keep yourself alive long enough to continue working through your issues with all this OP. I’m really glad to hear you are getting more serious about your health and at least utilizing needle exchange services.

Have you thought about working with a counselor to help you work on this stuff, for instance getting set up with one through your local exchange? They usually have support staff who can work with you individually, and if not they can give you probably some of the better referrals to professionals who can help you.

Mind you I’m not suggesting that what you’re doing is safe or sustainable. But if this is where you’re at, it’s where you’re at. I do strongly advise you to make working in this a priority though. Switching to a different ROA whenever you can even if you’re still injecting sometime is worth the exploration. Drugs don’t need to be injected to enjoyed, especially not benzos.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you ensure you’re using proper filtration via micro filters and fresh, sterile rigs from the exchange you’ll be able to keep yourself alive long enough to continue working through your issues with all this OP. I’m really glad to hear you are getting more serious about your health and at least utilizing needle exchange services.

Have you thought about working with a counselor to help you work on this stuff, for instance getting set up with one through your local exchange? They usually have support staff who can work with you individually, and if not they can give you probably some of the better referrals to professionals who can help you.

Well, the worst pill I shoot - zopiclone - I haven't managed to filter every time, because it just doesn't work. The effect weakens alot, and this is not only to due to water solubility as other zopiclone pills have worked perfectly when filtered.

I am at a rehab center at the moment, and have been in difference such since 2 years, constantly.

I have thought about telling them about this, but if I tell them everything - I'l gett kicked out of here. And even if I manage to keep my place here, by telling them I did it a few times ... no therapy in any form as ever worked on me, and I've been in therapy on and off for 10 years now. Perhaps it's because I'm a high-performing autist (I have Asperger Syndrome), or IDK, but it just doesn't work. And also they would start crushing all my meds, which would make my life a lot less worth living (I like to save and use my meds however I want them, even if I don't shoot them).

Change has to come from within and I haven't been strong enough yet. I'm glad I've stopped shooting bupe though, even with a lesser effect.

Perhaps it is worth exploring other pharmacotherapies that provide more minimization or cravings and are used in more regulated settings (I am thinking methadone and/or baclofen).

Perhaps it is worth exploring other pharmacotherapies that provide more minimization or cravings and are used in more regulated settings (I am thinking methadone and/or baclofen).
Thanks for reminding me. I've thought alot about switching to methadone. The largest problem is that I won't be able to use it when I want to, and the second largest that it's easy to gain weight on it.

And of course bupe is easier to sell on the street ...

the second largest that it's easy to gain weight on it.
Is being overweight really that bad an outcome compared to the myriad of other far more serious and irreversible health conditions you are currently risking?

Is being overweight really that bad an outcome compared to the myriad of other far more serious and irreversible health conditions you are currently risking?
Seconded. Also, Båtmannen (I am 1/4th Danish myself by the way), you're already fat to begin with.

Also, you should consider Lyrica (Pregabalin). It helps really well with nerve pain, (social and generalized) anxiety, sleeping, depression, etc.

Thanks for reminding me. I've thought alot about switching to methadone. The largest problem is that I won't be able to use it when I want to, and the second largest that it's easy to gain weight on it.

And of course bupe is easier to sell on the street ...

Actually that is all about personal habits. Opioids sans none tend to increase cravings for sugars, simple carbs and fats. So basically candy and processed foods. Methadone is no exception, but it’s also not exceptional in this regard.

I actually lost quite a bit of weigh while I was on methadone because I had already experienced ORT related weight gain when on buprenorphine and thus made the decision to be careful about nutrition (I’m no health but mind you). As long as one exercises a modicum of self awareness it isn’t hard to avoid for most. It isn’t going to speed up anyone metabolism but it isn’t going to slow it down too significantly either.

It really isn’t that hard, and weight gain is far less an issue in terms of munchies compared to Remeron or Seroquel (an antidepressant used for insomnia and antipsychotic used for way too many reasons respectively, for anyone who isn’t familiar with American brand names) IME. Those drugs lead to far more issues with weight gain than any opioid.

Seconded. Also, Båtmannen (I am 1/4th Danish myself by the way), you're already fat to begin with.

Also, you should consider Lyrica (Pregabalin). It helps really well with nerve pain, (social and generalized) anxiety, sleeping, depression, etc.

Yeah, I'm fatter than ever right now (well, almost), but how do you know this and what does your 1/4 inner Dane have to do with it?

I have Pregabalin, at a lousy 150 mg per day. I usually save them and take 900 mg one day and use the time do run errands, clean et cetera.

I suppose even if I had 900, I would have to use 5,4 grams to have the effect I get at 900 now, right? 6 times more in both cases.

(I'm already working on getting more, and will keep doing that, but I'm still wondering the questions)

Actually that is all about personal habits. Opioids sans none tend to increase cravings for sugars, simple carbs and fats. So basically candy and processed foods. Methadone is no exception, but it’s also not exceptional in this regard.

I actually lost quite a bit of weigh while I was on methadone because I had already experienced ORT related weight gain when on buprenorphine and thus made the decision to be careful about nutrition (I’m no health but mind you). As long as one exercises a modicum of self awareness it isn’t hard to avoid for most. It isn’t going to speed up anyone metabolism but it isn’t going to slow it down too significantly either.

It really isn’t that hard, and weight gain is far less an issue in terms of munchies compared to Remeron or Seroquel (an antidepressant used for insomnia and antipsychotic used for way too many reasons respectively, for anyone who isn’t familiar with American brand names) IME. Those drugs lead to far more issues with weight gain than any opioid.

My experience with opioids is that some of them, in some people, blunts hunger powerfully, and in other people - like me - it can replace food. I've thought Methadone to be the exception and the only opioid to generally make one fat, based on what nurses et cetera has told me, but there's also the factor that people tend to burn less calories on methadone than on bupe.

Now I'm considering starting Mirtazapine again, even though my BW is one of my absolute greatest problems in life, and has been for some years now. I have fought with BW all my life, and when I started lifting I could even get fit, but now ... sitting in chairs using computers or in sofa watching TV, and only move for 1) medication, 2) food or 3) smok ... it has gone completely off the scale..

Yeah, I'm fatter than ever right now (well, almost), but how do you know this and what does your 1/4 inner Dane have to do with it?

I have Pregabalin, at a lousy 150 mg per day. I usually save them and take 900 mg one day and use the time do run errands, clean et cetera.

I suppose even if I had 900, I would have to use 5,4 grams to have the effect I get at 900 now, right? 6 times more in both cases.

(I'm already working on getting more, and will keep doing that, but I'm still wondering the questions)

Pregabalin is also rather notorious with the weigh gain and munchie issue.

Pregabalin is also rather notorious with the weigh gain and munchie issue.
Uh, perhaps, but for a food-addict like me, one can just get the chemical reward one usually gets from food, through Pregabalin instead, and fast away that meal, period or day (I always fast for whole days when on high-rewarding drugs, unless of course I have to eat because the amph has emptied me). The problem with sleeping on an empty stomach will also dissapear on high doses of Pregabalin.

Well hey that sounds pretty good. Just be careful with side effects from high doses. Over 900mg and there becomes a very real risk of seizure for some, and lots of awkward twitching for others (the latter was more my experience). With a tolerance this is less an issue, but it is still problematic even then.

What do you normally take per dose? Per day?