Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Unique MDMA experience and following massive health problems

martomat

Greenlighter
Hello guys,
I´m 24 years and I´m into mdma-caused health problems for 3 years now.
I have a special story to tell that reminds of the post-MDMA health problems described here, but still differs.
Though or because my story is different to yours ones, I could give you clues to what happened to your brain.

Besides: can anyone give me advice? Life´s quality has been trashed and I don´t believe life to be worth living anymore... though I still don´t want to give up.

Timeline (important)
2012-2014: Polytox addiction. Substance-induced HPPD ignored.
2014: heavy trip on 2-CD. Since then lightly beginning of the current symptoms.
2015: Relapse with Ecstasy led to massive increase of the symptoms
2016: Relapse with Cocaine that again led to massive increase of symptoms

What substance caused the symptoms?
Because of my polytox consumption it´s impossible to say. Fact is, that MDMA increased symptoms MASSIVELEY.

Striking symptoms
enormous fatigue. massive concentration problems. pressure in head and on nose.
and an extreme sensitivity towards potentially neurotoxic factors: that includes drugs, alcohol, caffeine, sugar, sitting in the sun and even washing my hair with hot water.

Other symptoms
visual sow. accelerated time perception. head tingling. weak erection. and some psychical symptoms.

Unique MDMA experience
The relapse with MDMA manifested in NO euphoria but a time perception of insane fast motion (20 times faster!). (lightly accelerated time perception persisting). Anyone made this experience too??

Further peculiarities

The relapse with cocaine gave me a very flat pulse and a time perception of SLOW motion. (what the fuck? anyway, did not persist)
Consumption of sugar and caffine first leds to stimulation/awakeness and then to fatigue again among with the other symptoms.
My personal treatment (as medicine still not working): working on personal problems and personal aims (--> natural happiness) weakens the symptoms remarkable.

Explanations
In a further post (that is too long for being created as one post) I will give you my theoretical explanations and there are the cues you maybe could benefit from.

Questions
Anybody here who experienced a fast motion MDMA experience?
Anybody here who experienced a slow motion cocaine experience?
Anybody here who is enormous tired due to MDMA?
Anybody here who reacts very sensitive to sugar and caffeine?

get well soon to all,
hope I could be a help to someone and vice versa.

Last edited:
Due to the length of the post, here is the second part:

Explanations

1. I was a few years drug addicted but only a middle strong user of ecstasy. So the theory that the serotonin receptors are down regulated should be wrong, especially as I´m not depressed and an antidepressivum didn´t work. Can this theory be transfered to your situation?
2. The relapse with Ecstasy happened in a false moment, in a false mood, in a mood as bad as you can imagine. MDMA is a mood intensifier. So, my false mood had the consequence that the external serotonin release (created by mdma) could not be "implemented" into happiness. Then there´s the fact that my experience of natural happiness always weakens my symptoms. The more personal aims I achieve the more I get healthy and the more my brain becomes enabled to implement the external serotonin release. This could be a hint for: not implemented serotonin storage in the brain. That also would explain the MDMA flashbacks I regularly get: when I experienced a natural happiness situation I just need to eat something and then I get a MDMA flashback (and that are genuine euphoria flashbacks). Can this theory be transferred to your situation?
3. My head pressure reaches from the nose to inside of the head. So I think it´s likeley that the head pressure I have is a tactile hallucination. Strangely, a neuroleptic didn´t remove this symptom.
4. Besides the head pressure is always switching between pressure and tingling. So there´s a connection between head pressure and head tingling. My head pressure worsend a lot when I had the relapse with cocaine whereas I had the impression that the cocaine (like the MDMA) could not be "implemented" so I got this severe heart problem as I described above. That leads to my conclusion that all the current symptoms I have can be traced back to blocked serotonin/dopamine receptors that can´t forward the neurotransmitters. When taking MDMA or cocaine or whatever an overconcentration of neurotransmitters arises. This theory can be supported by the fact that when I´m experiencing natural happiness situations and I get the MDMA flashbacks, suddenly head tingling is beginning. That could mean that the neurons are starting to work again, they are starting to forward the neurotransmitters that were blocked. So due to this theory head tingling means receptors getting reconnected and head pressure means receptors being blocked, so head pressure is just the opposite pole of head tingling. Can this theory be transferred to your situation?
5. When the theory above is right, I wonder why I feel the pressure also on my nose. So whats right? Head tingling and pressure as signs of receptor (in)activities oder tactile hallucinations?
6. Sugar and caffeine make me stimulated up, followed by a down/fatige/increase of symptoms. We have two possible causes for that: first explanation is referred to neurotransmitters, second one is referred to oxcidative stress. It´s fact that sugar and caffeine lead to release of dopamine. So first explanation would be that some dopamine receptors are down-regulated and thats why sugar/caffeine lead to a exaggerated up-regulation. Actually, I realized during my symptoms that I can bear amphetamine way better then MDMA and I think also better than sugar or caffeine. But amphetamine leads to a much bigger dopamine release than sugar/caffeine, so sugar/caffeine can´t be responsible for an increase of symptoms that would be based on dopamine up-regulation. You get the point? So the theory that some dopamine receptors are down-regulated should be wrong. More likely is the other explanation, that MDMA did massive oxidant stress to the brain and the same way does sugar/caffeine. Can this theory be transferred to your personal situation?
7. As a result, in my personal case the total-explanation could be like this: I took ecstasy in a wrong state of mood. Wrong state of mood means psychical stress. It´s proven that psychical stress can cause oxidant stress. MDMA also does oxidant stress. So there were two factors of oxidant stress that crashed together. The oxidant stress led to a morphologic deformation of dendrites and axones. And thats why the receptors block the neurotransmitters. Still there is a serotonin storage kept in my brain.