• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings ver. CCXVI -- Fly Tipping and a Shite Load of Coke

Seems a fitting place to drop this off, you better get up dancing too (Get that foil & peeve out)

Zopiclone bandit, I'm curious...... Do you not fall asleep before you have the chance to be a bandit or are you like the Robin Hood of insomnia, raiding Zops from the pharmaceutical rich to give to the sleep poor?

I desperately need a new mobile phone. The battery in my 4-year-old Samsung Galaxy S4 is dying, it will barely hold a charge. I also suspect the USB socket is worn, or maybe one or more of the soldered connections is failing. The cheap plasticky emergency handset I had to buy (on my way to a funeral, even ..... but I'm not convinced there is ever really such a thing as a good time for your mobe to pack up ..... unless you had just done a full backup and were planning a holiday somewhere such as a desert island without even a 2G connection or something) hasn't even got enough storage to update its own pre-installed apps, and it won't let me move them to the micro SD card.

Anyway, I'm not desperate for a top-of-the-range phone anymore; my old S4 was not exactly slow. and I don't really like the way the high-end handsets are going. I'd rather have a mobe that was a full centimetre thick, if that meant a bit more battery life, and I'd rather have a few millimetres around the edges than easily-breakable edge-to-edge glass. But I really don't want another crappy, entry-level one either, though. It feels as though I am having to fight it all the time; which goes against my definition of a good tool, i.e. one that you can forget you're even using.

The following requirements, if not met, are absolute showstoppers:
  • Android. At least Marshmallow (6), preferrably Nougat (7). I'm sure iPhones and Windows phones are raved about by their respective owners (it's just like the old Sinclair ZX Spectrum / Commodore 64 / BBC Microcomputer playground wars from the 1980s ..... ) but I have neither an Apple Mac nor a Windows PC, just Linux. Android devices are pretty self-contained (you can use any music file as a ringtone, you don't need to use iTunes), Linux can to transfer files easily both ways via a USB lead or Bluetooth connection, and the Android developers' tools exist on Linux (not too surprising, really, seeing as Android is basically Linux underneath .....)
  • Screen about 12cm.
  • Micro SD card slot. So I can have copies of important stuff that don't depend on an Internet connection. I've designed controls for gas appliances, where the order of the day was belt, braces and adhesive underwear.
  • Camera with LED flash, that can be used as a flashlight. There's a lot of dark that might need exploring .....
  • Available from Vodafone stores. I've been on a monthly contract with Vodafone long enoug, and my Upgrade Fund is full to busting after keeping the same phone for 48 months
  • Removable battery. Forcible deprivation of power is sometimes the only language these things understand.
  • 3.5mm. headphone jack. Not just for headphones, but as a general-purpose audio feed. I built a little amplifier with an actual valve, for my last phone -- there's just something about the juxtaposition of old and new technology that I can't resist. Fun fact: The electronics in a top-of-the-line mobile phone are roughly equivalent to somewhere around the number of valves the Mullard factory in Blackburn, Lancashire made during its entire working lifetime.
Any thoughts?

I desperately need a new mobile phone. The battery in my 4-year-old Samsung Galaxy S4 is dying, it will barely hold a charge. I also suspect the USB socket is worn, or maybe one or more of the soldered connections is failing. The cheap plasticky emergency handset I had to buy (on my way to a funeral, even ..... but I'm not convinced there is ever really such a thing as a good time for your mobe to pack up ..... unless you had just done a full backup and were planning a holiday somewhere such as a desert island without even a 2G connection or something) hasn't even got enough storage to update its own pre-installed apps, and it won't let me move them to the micro SD card.

Anyway, I'm not desperate for a top-of-the-range phone anymore; my old S4 was not exactly slow. and I don't really like the way the high-end handsets are going. I'd rather have a mobe that was a full centimetre thick, if that meant a bit more battery life, and I'd rather have a few millimetres around the edges than easily-breakable edge-to-edge glass. But I really don't want another crappy, entry-level one either, though. It feels as though I am having to fight it all the time; which goes against my definition of a good tool, i.e. one that you can forget you're even using.

• Android. At least Marshmallow (6), preferrably Nougat (7). I'm sure iPhones and Windows phones are raved about by their respective owners (it's just like the old Sinclair ZX Spectrum / Commodore 64 / BBC Microcomputer playground wars from the 1980s ..... ) but I have neither an Apple Mac nor a Windows PC, just Linux. Android devices are pretty self-contained (you can use any music file as a ringtone, you don't need to use iTunes), Linux can to transfer files easily both ways via a USB lead or Bluetooth connection, and the Android developers' tools exist on Linux (not too surprising, really, seeing as Android is basically Linux underneath .....)
  • Screen about 12cm.
  • Micro SD card slot. So I can have copies of important stuff that don't depend on an Internet connection. I've designed controls for gas appliances, where the order of the day was belt, braces and adhesive underwear.
  • Camera with LED flash, that can be used as a flashlight. There's a lot of dark that might need exploring .....
  • Available from Vodafone stores. I've been on a monthly contract with Vodafone long enoug, and my Upgrade Fund is full to busting after keeping the same phone for 48 months
  • Removable battery. Forcible deprivation of power is sometimes the only language these things understand.
  • 3.5mm. headphone jack. Not just for headphones, but as a general-purpose audio feed. I built a little amplifier with an actual valve, for my last phone -- there's just something about the juxtaposition of old and new technology that I can't resist. Fun fact: The electronics in a top-of-the-line mobile phone are roughly equivalent to somewhere around the number of valves the Mullard factory in Blackburn, Lancashire made during its entire working lifetime.
Any thoughts?

Well, I pay through the nose for a S8+ ....and while it's had to have the glass replaced twice since last May due to it not only being edge to edge glass, but glass all round the back too... it's the best phone I've ever had by a mile...it's lightning fast....12 mega pixel camera rear an 5 mega pixel front...HD everything....just an amazing phone...

Downside...cost (it's an 800 quid phone)...aforementioned glass....and some don't like Bixbi but I think it's OK.

I could have had this or an iPhone 8 for the same price but think this is a FAR better phone....battery lasts ages and charges really quick....option of wireless charging (don't even know how that works....some kind of pixie magic I think)...

Previously Samsung's were notorious for battery problems.. but they seem to have fixed it with this one.

Phones aren't my thing I liked my Sony m4aqua, it was low on memory but easy to disable stuff. I now have some experience and I find it more snidiliy intrusive with Internet permissions and that, a bit like apples annoyance.

wire-2196730-1517416093-359_634x353.jpg

One time, someone made the word "PURITY". Rachel left the remaining letters -- a D, an O and an S -- together, spelling "SOD PURITY".

If you find the sound of a woman swearing in a posh accent a turn-on, there are worse things you could search for on YouTube than Susie Dent talking about swear words .....

If you find the sound of a woman swearing in a posh accent a turn-on, there are worse things you could search for on YouTube than Susie Dent talking about swear words .....

But there are much better things I could search for on XHamster... ;)

• Screen about 12cm.
Any thoughts?

Sounds like you want to go with one of the mid-price range yet well specked chinese brands, such as OnePlus or xiaomi. As I'm sure you've noticed, phones don't need ridiculous amounts of RAM etc like companies are currently pushing, so you really don't have to spend too much to get as good as you'd ever need. On the other hand, the budget android smartphones come with irritatingly limiting/pushy proprietary operating systems and bloatware and they can really struggle to run on low specs. Its still annoying with a decent phone too, though.

My Oneplus One was iirc about ?170, 2-3 years ago, and that was a fraction of the cost of mainstream branded smartphones by samsung and the likes (I'm sure they were/are selling upwards of ?600+ ?). The quality is well on par - they use the same processors etc, and my phone is a solid, sturdy build with a 1080p screen... and it's especially impressive considering this was One Plus's first ever phone.

There is an active development community for the phone, and also with similar brands. Since you are (I believe?) quite a techy person, you might want to consider loading a custom rom such as Linage OS. Fast, sexy, interesting customisable features, zero bloatware, (including the choice to lose some of the more pointless google apps), it gets updated on a regular basis and you will easily get Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo and probably a good few generations of android after that.

Those contracts where you get a phone are a waste of money, and for no other reason than to keep you perpetually buying a new phone. Loads of new providers have cropped up offering monthly sim only contracts for like ?8, and a lot of them use the UK's most extensive network - EE. I recently upgraded my dads sim only plan for him and gets something like 3 gig of data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts for about ?9 a month on o2. That + mid range/cheap smartphone leaves ample spending for stuff you actually need, rather than an extra gig of ram for using whatsapp and facebook or whatever (I speak generally, of course - some people do use their phones for games etc).

Last edited:
This is the beauty of blue light. Always fun and informative. I'm right back where I was 7years back without the headache of returning to work, to leave work to a world of uncertainty. Horrible bastards out there.

I pay $4 per month for 16G of 4g mobile, plus basically unlimited within network calls and sms'.

I use a two year old Huawei model, a p111, bought as new old stock for $80 six months ago.

Quite solid, and resistant to breaking. Battery life isn't terrible, and it makes a good hotspot for other shit to use.

I pay 98 quid a month for a Samsung Galaxy S8+ with full cover insurance, 8gb data, unlimited calls and texts and unlimited fibre optic broadband.....

Yes I know fucking rediculous, but I'm a sucker for a good sales pitch and the girl in the Vodafone shop had nice titties :)

It's arguably the best phone on the market at the minute and they sell for something like 750-800 quid but still....my car payment isn't much more than that a month... :(

I pay 98 quid a month

ermagherd, mate that's about the crappest mobile deal I have ever seen in my life 8o

Oh wait, you're getting a whole home package. Do you get any channels with that as well, or just Freeview?

Still seems like an unholy rip off!!

ermagherd, mate that's about the crappest mobile deal I have ever seen in my life 8o

Oh wait, you're getting a whole home package. Do you get any channels with that as well, or just Freeview?

Still seems like an unholy rip off!!

Get NOW TV, Sky Movies and freeview (and obviously unlimited broadband)....

But yeah.... It's steep....

Didn't even get a feel of the Vodafone bird's nice titties either. :)

I mean, just the phone insurance alone is 14 quid of that

I could be getting 100IUs of Chinese GH a month for what I pay:)

Exactly, and with 100iu in you, you could be getting that bird for free too :D

Exactly, and with 100iu in you, you could be getting that bird for free too :D

Definately, she pretty much said "if you think you're getting to play with these puppies on tren and test alone then think again pal.. I only put out for guys on AT LEAST 8IUs of HGH a day........nothing less"

Or that's what I think she was saying......I was too busy staring at her tits...