• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin: a unique, harmless substance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mananas

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

I thought I would very much like to make a thread about this, because for most people - definitely people who are not in to drugs or not in to Opioids - this is something that they don't know, never would have expected and most of the time don't even believe; yet it is so...

Heroin, clean and pure Heroin, is a unique drug because it does NOT harm the body or mind in any way whatsoever. Of course, when it is cut up with rat-poison, that will do some harm: but that's not the Heroin that is causing you harm in this example, but the rat-poison. Heroin itself does not even destroy one single brain-cell! (which is unbelievable, so unique!)

Of course, also, if you shoot up your Dope, you will harm yourself by damaging your veins but when sniffed, there would be almost zero damage to the nasal membrane and this is the only damage Heroin will do to you! - it goes without saying that all of this is based on the premisse that you do not get addicted to the drug, because both the physiological as mental withdrawal is in fact harmful to both body and mind...

There is one thing that one should keep in mind, besides not getting addicted, and that is to only use pure and uncut (or as good as uncut and only with a harmless cut) Heroin and keep yourself to safe amounts, which you can accurately obtain when you live like me in Amsterdam where you can get your drugs legally tested in professional laboratories and because of this you are enabled to gain all knowledge about the substance you purchased: how pure it is, whether it is cut or not and if it is, with what exactly and to what amount your drug is cut and based on your experience, tolerance, weight, the test-results and so on you can actually use in a very safe way by using a very safe amount (though, of course, every use of any drug will always have a certain risk to it, however small..., but; these risks can be compared to the risk you take when driving a car and getting into a car accident or something like that - meaning: life is fragile and many of our actions carry a risk with them, not just the use of drugs, but also just plain and simple, everyday things).

It is however astonishing that Heroin, which still is clouded in taboos and seen as an evil drug, is actually (when not cut up with dangerous shit) the only drug I know about that does not harm mind as well as body in any way! And about overdosing, not indirect (like respiratory or heart failure) but direct (by poisoning due to the substance) is of course possible, but every substance is toxic, it just depends on the amount you need to take for a substance to become toxic: water for instance is toxic too, people have died from an overdose (poisoning) water, because they had drank too much water - it's just that one substance can be lethally toxic in very small amounts, while other substances need to be consumed up to extreme amounts before they become toxic, but like I said, every substance is potentially deadly, it all depends on the amount, that is what determines whether or not a substance is toxic (and/or lethal) or not.

Personally, I only use pure and uncut drugs (I am addicted to both Cocaine and Heroin), only the Heroin I allow to be cut to a certain degree and only with harmless substances in harmless proportions (for example, H4 cut with Paracetamol is quite common, and this cut is not dangerous or harmful in any way, unless there is more than 10% Paracetamol in your Heroin, meaning I would allow my H4 to be cut up with Paracetamol up to 10%, if the % Paracetamol is higher than that or if the H is cut with something else, I will let the test-center dispose of my sample and I won't buy anything from that batch. Luckily, my H4 is up until now always tested with a % anywhere from 86% to 91% purity with Paracetamol as it's only cut and the cut never has been higher than 6%, when it comes to H, this is a score of 10/10, it does not can get any better than this). When it comes to Cocaine, I only use completely uncut stuff, I never use Cocaine that is cut, not even when it would be cut with something harmless in an harmless amount: only pure and uncut Coke for me. My Coke is Colombian (which in my opinion still is the best, because when it comes to pure and uncut Coke you can feel the difference in effects really strongly in regards to where the Coke comes from - for example; Peruvian Coke will give you a lot of euphoria, but will make you very relaxed, while Equadorian Coke will give you a major energy boost. Colombian is just a perfect combination of effects: euphoric, a lot of energy but never in a nervous way or whatever. These differences are due to the active Alkaloids produced by the specific Cocaine plant, and the Alkaloids produced and also in what proportions to each other are determent by the region in which the plant grows and the biggest factors in this process are altitude and soil). My Coke is tested always above 90%, from 92 to 96%, so 94% on average. The other, on average 6% that is left-over, and why a drug can never be 100% pure is due to the production process and for example left-overs from this process (which I also only tolerate when it comes to not harmless residue, well, as far as you can speak about drugs or their residue not being harmless of course).

Also, though Cocaine does bring harm to both body and mind, the more pure and clean your product, not only the more strong it is, but also the less harmful it is!

Now, back to Heroin, the fact that it does no harm whatsoever is, like I already said, just astonishing! So how many people over here did know this, is what I would like to know, and how does this affect your view on a drug seen as one of the most destructive drugs that exist?

Grtz from Amsterdam! Peace!

But isn't it being addictive harmful? Like you said you are addicted to it. So your body needs it or it will go into withdrawal?

Yes, like I said, all of what I said in my post is based on the premisse of a none addictive user. Once addicted, the withdrawal is harmful indeed.

(but it is possible, I have some friends like that, to use Heroin only now and then and not get addicted)

ps: being addicted on it's own is not harmful, that's why Methadone can be prescribed a lifetime, though it in fact is physiologically more addictive than Heroin - Methadone also does not cause any harm to both body and mind. (Opioids in general are a unique group of harmless substances: cf. notice the distinction between Opioids and Opiates, between semi-synthetic and fully synthetic - fully synthetic Opiates are (can be) harmful. Examples: Heroin and Methadone are semi-synthetic, Fentanyl or U-4 (Pinky) f.e. are fully synthetic, also Oxycodone is an harmful Opiate because it can cause major internal bleeds, more specific stomach-bleeds, and this while being a Morphine-mimetic, yet Morphine is semi-synthetic and not in any way harmful)

Last edited:
Many people consider addiction itself as harmful to their lives. Who wants to be owned by an obsession, drug or non-drug?

I agree to some extent. I always heard that opiates/narcotics, whatever you want to call them, are basically not physically harmful. Unfortunately it's all the shit that comes with its usage that's harmful. Personally I am a CPP and have been on strong pain meds for 30+ years and although I'm definitely dependant on the drugs, I have sustained zero physical side effects. I suppose one could find that fact kind of surprising.

OP - you must be buzzing from all those drugs you wrote about because dude, you can really ramble about them. BTW, I found most of it pretty interesting.

;14108557 said:
: being addicted on it's own is not harmful, that's why Methadone can be prescribed a lifetime, though it in fact is physiologically more addictive than Heroin - Methadone also does not cause any harm to both body and mind

True.
Whereas heroin is the most dangerous drug. There is no risk because is certain: enough opiate and you never exeperience pain. You will have no more negative emotion and little desires, a living Buddha. A fake one, in fact just an happy addicted, but who care.
There can be some gap to be filled; there you could throw some coke. Then like Mananas you have the perfect chemical bliss.
You are not really living, but this is not what can be called " a risk" , it is more of a choice.

it goes without saying that all of this is based on the premisse that you do not get addicted to the drug, because both the physiological as mental withdrawal is in fact harmful to both body and mind...

Not so much, and there is no reason to stop and go into withdrawal.
When you are a living Buddha, you want to go like this for the whole of your life.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure using large doses. Causes your brain to overheat damaging brain cells.

Cocaine is not harmless if it is pure. Please don't make statements like this as fact. We don't get upset with people for not knowing something, but we do get upset with people who don't know, yet still decide to make their statements. It's really frowned upon here on Bluelight, so please stop doing this. Why are you telling people that Oxycodone is physically harmful? It's really no different than any other Opioid.

This is not a crazy discovery, although if you just learned it OP, I can imagine it's a pretty surprising fact. Opioids, for the most part, do not cause physical harm like many other commonly abused substances i.e. Alcohol, Cocaine etc. The body is typically able to metabolize and excrete Opioids without any medical repercussions.

While this is an accurate statement Mananas, some of your others statements are either inaccurate or do not have a definitive answer like you claim. Cocaine is innately harmful. People do not have heart attacks and seizures from baking soda or paracetamol (in normal doses). The statement that "the more pure your Cocaine is, the less harmful it is makes no sense, as Cocaine is, as fact, harmful to the body. Also, the whole "harmful cut" thing is essentially a myth. There is not some evil villain trying to murder you by cutting your drugs with rat poison. This is a very "conservative/D.A.R.E" approach. Sure, it has happened, but the business cannot operate if all of the clients are dead.

You got a source on that, because I'm 99 percent sure that's totally false.

Yea, that's really like a massive, massive overdose situation to the point where you develop a large fever and your brain starts dying. We should be clear that brain-death is not a symptom of "doing a little too much", it's a symptom of massive, potentially lethal overdose.

I'm glad to hear that. I read that about h awhile , I think on erowid. And have always been a bit concerned.few!!!

I see you're back with more bull OP, get some sleep will ya? I don't know what the fuck what crap you're taking.

Even if H doesn't cause your brain to overheat. I still don't consider it to be mostly harmless. Back when I was using, my tolerance always developed so quickly to dangerous levels.
I frequently felt as if I had caused brain damage. I and a lot of my friends OD'ed many times. Always accidentally of course.

Heroin IS harmless except for overdose risk and addiction. But that's one big fucking "except".

The heroin I got is about as close to unadulterated as you get short of the legal heroin in the UK. But the shit I did cause I'm an addict has been immensely harmful to myself and others. And it's the drug that's largely responsible for the addiction.

So no, as a very long term heavy heroin addict, I would not classify it as even remotely harmless.

I would agree that it's less intrinsicly harmful than alcohol or meth though.

I can certainly agree with that. Since I've been off heroin. I've been drinking more than ever before in my life. And I'm sure I've done more damage this way.

Mananas, first off i feel bad that you are getting a lot of hate here on BL. Your statements are really bold and border-line controverisal so you can't expect anything less. I mean the title of this thread is misleading, lol. I know what your trying to say, but yeah, not good for naive, intolerant, curious drug seekers. Potentially a recipe for disaster, which should definitely be a red flag in your mind if you care for HR. Although you carry yourself in this "specific" way, i personally don't care. All i care about is harm reduction. Obviously. Anyways, I see your interest for drugs is very eager and involved and see you're somewhat clean with it. but anyways, This thread didn't change my view at all on drugs. I already knew that pure shit is less harmful than cut shit. It is just common sense. but This is a great read for those who didn't know. But just to clearify one thing, these drugs are ULTRA harmful (in whole). hell, they destroy lives, clearly. But yes, breaking it down step by step, the drug itself isn't terrible for your body (if only dosed appropriately, pure/quality, and used with disciplined moderation). I think you can agree with me that the premise of pure drugs being harmless is false and uncertain, in a general sense.
THanks for the entertainment.
LS

Last edited:
I'm in America and pure product is extremely difficult to get ahold of. Then there is the demonisation of it. Most people think of heroin addicts as shady, dangerous, scumy people.if clean affordable dope was available here I would maybe never have quit

Ok well I guess I see your point, I'm not lucky enough to of experienced the purest drugs , I'm in the US and the tar in the area I am in has been being cut with meth and bathsalts for some years now , (I never did alot of tar, only gunpowder and probably fent) anyway I see your point a little . But idk, I felt really unhealthy when I was doing H, I didn't shit for over a week one time. I just started throwing up.
Idk about Coke , and definitely I've heard the exact opposite about methadone.
But OP what do you think about Heroine being so dangerous BECAUSE it's so addictive. ??
Alot of people are DEAD you know.

I agree with almost everything you said, except for the part about methadone being psychologically more addicting than H. But I'm curious, with all this information known for you, why are you addicted? It is absolutely possible to use it once in a while like alcohol, you're 100 percent correct. So I was wondering what made you decide to have to use it daily or get withdrawals.

Nobody hates Mananas for making these statements. In principle, I agree with what he's saying in most of his points. The issue I have is more with the irresponsibility of titling a thread "Heroin: A Unique and Harmless Substance". This is not an issue that can be defined in absolute terms. Aside from the social damage that Heroin can cause, it's not even true to say that there is no physiological risk either. Lethal overdose through respiratory depression is possible and the constipation induced by Opioid use can indeed be harmful and even fatal in some cases. Read up on Toxic Megacolon.

My problem, in short, is that this is a blanket statement that could easily be misinterpreted and a lot of people will only read the thread title and never go farther past the front page. Most Opioids are not inherently toxic to the body in the same way as say, Cocaine or Alcohol. Opioids can be used chronically with little health repercussions, contrary to popular belief. However, blanket statements are dangerous, because these substances are highly addictive both physiologically and psychologically.

So, although they are medically harmless outside of lethal overdose and constipation, they can still ruin your life and the lives of those around you. We don't want to give people the idea that there aren't consequences to dabbling in Opioids.

Nobody is flaming Mananas for stating that Heroin is medically non-toxic. We're upset because blanket statements like this are potentially quite harmful. Please, please do not phrase anything as absolute fact unless it is an absolute fact. Not everybody researches what they read to verify the authenticity. Some people believe everything they read.

Status
Not open for further replies.