• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Game Word Association Thread v. Let's Join Hands!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back while working in south Texas I harvested a good 10lbs of San Pedro cactus, and carried it with me while on the road. At the very end of my journey I did brew it down to make a nice drink and it tasted so fucking horrible, and I did not feel a single thing from it.

Nutmeg

Oh, wait, wrong thread, I can talk in here.
Yeah, nutmeg. One bottle will last ten lifetimes. Needed for bechemel and alfredo sauce.

Does anybody have any other uses for it? (besides eggnog or trying to get high)

Just a pinch gives a bit of depth to any meaty sauce, akin to adding a pinch of cumin

I use cumin by the tablespoon though. Best to toast it whole and grind and all that.

And with cumin goes coriander, both the seeds and . . . no, coriander is only the seed, the leafy part is called cilantro for any UK readers out there.

Weird that they taste so different until you think, wait, why would they taste the same?

Lots of sage in veal saltimbocca. I've made it once and that's probably the only time. I recommend it if you don't mind torturing baby cows.

Ancho chilis (and their powder) is so far the best of the chilis.

But I can't leave out smoked paprika . Pretty essential, not really a chili. Pepper?

(Anchos don't have heat, so I can actually cook with them; mom won't eat it if she thinks I used whole dried chilis. So I hide my stash of anchos .)
They smell a bit like raisins as they toast.

Organic Basil is very healthy. I put it in the blender with Kale, Ginger, Spinach and organic milk made from rice. I can geel
it dialate my blood vessels.

Status
Not open for further replies.