• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Exam and quiz are done early.. Seven more hours of work.. A couple erands a short drive then tickets in hand its a three day wsp run!!

i guess this thread can be considered the gratitude thread.

grateful for..

my mother, the computer i type this on, the subs i got yesterday, that my right arm is healing well, the fresh-air which i am too nervous to spend much time in. one-more-chance; for bluelight.

all for now :)

This whole day was fkn great.. Well i got knocked down twice.. Thats not normal.. But man what a day.. I fkn love it

Sry, OT, but I am happy I live in a nice area and a community of caring people to be part of.

I wouldn't say that's off-topic at all. :) I'm happy about the same thing myself.

I'm 35 days clean,been in rehab for 34 of.those, had my first night out last night, on my way back now

I'll give them a clean drug test when I get in

I can't express how momentous that feels.

Awesome, that's so good to hear. :) Congrats!

We finished moving my girlfriend into my house today, very happy about that. <3

thanks! and congrats on moving in with your girlfriend. i hope it goes well.

today i'm just relieved i'm still in rehab. i was feeling pretty low cos a lot of people in primary care stayed 28 days and left feeling optimistic and i was beating myself up about not being ready to go. today i realised my addiction had progressed much further before i got help, the others still have jobs/lives outside of addiction, mine had taken everything but my house and life, so i can now forgive myself for needing longer.

Was able to have a productive day despite having back pain flaring up all day

I am officially 11 days off (3 days were in the psych ward due to me not being able to "white knuckle" as my Dr calls it) of a daily methadone clinic dose of 240mgs/day. Kicking a 3-4g/day heroin habit had nothing on that one, phew! On 16 of bupe/day now but I made it through the other side of the w/d and I am truly grateful for waking up and not having to rush to get my dose at a clinic 5 days a week minus my hard ass earned take homes.

I've been enjoying watching the sights outside my window all day. I hate the weather but I love watching leaves occasionally fall off the tree outside my window, birds eating from my window bird feeder, a gentle breeze rustling the few leaves remaining on the tree. Reminds me of a scene you'd see in a well-directed movie or something.

completed the first level of certification to start my new career. Had a lot of doubts, and still do because it's something completely different than I've ever done for work, but I think it's going to be a good thing.

completed the first level of certification to start my new career. Had a lot of doubts, and still do because it's something completely different than I've ever done for work, but I think it's going to be a good thing.

Sounds like a great feeling

Sounds nice where you are.

Ash.

I've been enjoying watching the sights outside my window all day. I hate the weather but I love watching leaves occasionally fall off the tree outside my window, birds eating from my window bird feeder, a gentle breeze rustling the few leaves remaining on the tree. Reminds me of a scene you'd see in a well-directed movie or something.

That's really great, I hope you are proud of yourself.

Hugs,
Ash.

Wow that is so great MrsJ!!!

I am happy for you, you deserve some goodness. Be kind and patient with yourself.

Take care,
Ash.

I am officially 11 days off (3 days were in the psych ward due to me not being able to "white knuckle" as my Dr calls it) of a daily methadone clinic dose of 240mgs/day. Kicking a 3-4g/day heroin habit had nothing on that one, phew! On 16 of bupe/day now but I made it through the other side of the w/d and I am truly grateful for waking up and not having to rush to get my dose at a clinic 5 days a week minus my hard ass earned take homes.

Sounds like a great feeling

Thanks, TN, but to be honest the test was pretty easy and it just means more responsibility.. so actually more anxious but trying to be excited and focus on the positive things to come. It's a good thing though, I have to keep reminding myself that.

Today I'm thankful for a friend I recently met at a woman's AA meeting. There's a lot of confusion with dates and times due to sites like na . org being completely out of date apparently. For central valley CA google "SVGNA" if you're looking for meetings- it's actually current. Anyways, I met this guy outside who is a few years younger than me, but seems like a cool dude as we chat before the meeting starts. We walk in, first time for both, and we notice almost all older women and a few older men who appear to be husbands. We ask "uh... is this the NA meeting?" and one lady kindly responds "this is actually a woman's AA meeting" but kindly invited us to join in for the day.

Anyways, I still keep in touch with the guy and it turns out we have a lot in common. We've been checking out other meetings, although personally I'm not completely kosher with NA/12-step as an atheist. I know it has helped a lot of people and think that hey have a positive message, but constant references to god make it hard for me to look past and take something positive from the message. Considering starting a SMART meeting in my area, as there aren't any I'm aware of or something similar. Maybe recovered musicians or something. I definitely see community is important and having others who you can speak openly and honestly to without judgement is essential to recovery. When my family hears of a relapse, no matter how minor or major, they are ready to send me off to expensive detoxes, rehabs, therapy, psychiatry, and so on. Just hearing someone who understands and responds with something like "oh well.. you know where that goes.. if you ever need to talk I'm here and call me before next time", and someone who can actually talk through someone's momentarily intense and/or irrational emotions can really help.

^that sounds so fun! OT- Could have killed spider but let it live.