• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Got some good news today concerning my future employment. Things are starting to really come together. Still a lot of work ahead, but I feel more motivated than ever to push forward and stay sober.

Just wanted to share my positivity with others. 6 months ago I was psychotic, shitting myself in a padded room in jail. Life can turn around, things can get better. It takes work but building a more positive future is worth working towards. Still have a case hanging over my head, but I've accepted my fate no matter the outcome. If I end up going back to jail it won't be easy, but I determined not to give up and not to let the possibility of something bad happen beat me down.

Stay positive..

It's hard to have thanksgiving week off when my boyfriend doesn't and I'm across the country from my friends and family. Also challenged by the fact jah's roommates want me to move out, but I get it. That being said, I received a really mature and sweet text from my ex saying he was sorry for how he treated me up until I went to rehab to better myself. It was good to hear him apologize for how he handled the breakup, although admittedly looking back I think it was easier for both of us. I told him that it was nice to connect again through text since he's been part of my life for 14 years and that it does make me feel more whole, if that makes sense. He said he understands and feels the same way.

I'm thrilled that we can remain friends and am looking forward to going back to CA next month for Christmas and having the opportunity to see my cat without this neutral third party bullshit he was pulling on me before I left. Haven't seen him or the cat since leaving for rehab July 31st. I'm also blessed to be with Jah. Sorry I hurt someone along the way...it was never my intention to be in a relationship or to stay in Buffalo but I am so lucky for both of those things. I'll be spending thanksgiving with Jah and his family and I'm so looking forward to a loving, comfortable holiday as opposed to thanksgiving rituals I've had.

I'm also happy to say that something clicked for me and I have no desire to use. I haven't felt this happy in close to four years! It's quite something to be with someone who communicates and who shares similar goals for the future and who wants to build a life/family with me. A little worried to go home by myself and be close to old triggers/friends/memories, but I'll be staying with my mom and I'm sure she'll keep me very busy.

Happy holidays everyone <3

/\ Man I thought about contacting one of my exes that I was pretty rude to right before I entered rehab, just not sure she would want to hear from me anymore. I guess I'm not really sure I want to go down that road either, on one hand it seems a little pointless since we won't be involved in each others life, on the other hand it might be nice to gently resolve things and go on with our lives.

Looking at the bigger picture really helps me deal with triggers and memories. Getting high would surely feel good, but the road that follows is full of pain and misery. It's so much simpler to be happy when drugs aren't needed.

Got to hang out with my little nephews today. They are always fun to be around. It also inspires me to stay clean and healthy. I never really got to see them when I was high all the time, for good reasons I'm sure.

Exes always show up out of the woodwork when you're happy. Trust me all mine hit me up these past weeks. I wish I was kidding. :\

Edit: positive note I got a free love sac chair coming in the mail because I changed my address :) also my boyfriend lets me draw on the walls downstairs and it helped called me down. Took multiple drugs and was still irritable, but now I feel relaxed.

I had a great day. I hit up the Phila. Art Museum. I've been there before and The Met in NYC last year which was amazing as well, but I was alone this time so I could take as long as I wanted. The Italian Renaissance paintings made my jaw drop. Insanely beautiful. They made Monet's paintings look like a 4 year old painted them. And I get that they're totally different styles and they have their own appeal. The Picasso's were cool.

Philly has a great museum district. Some of the oldest and most renowned museums in the country. OK I'm done nerding out. Have a good one:D

^ That’s one city I wanted to visit whenever I was near by. Especially during Autumn.

I had a really good day, productive but calm as it should be.

Had a great month a work and a really surprising bday reception that changed a lot my perception of how some people thought about me.

I decided for me and my son, who is recovering from the flu, not to push it and go to my husband's intense (but fun) huge family Christmas party. Instead I'm in bed in jammies at nearly 2p, and he's playing endless video games. That doesn't suck at all ;-)

^ Yes, indeed!

We haven’t yet figured out how or with whom we’ll spend this Christmas. I know it’s a big deal to my son, he loves this time of the year and somehow we have protected him from our family problems so far. Now he’s slowly learning that we are all basically splited in different families and countries.

I’m aiming for reconciliation this year, I want to invite my mother to celebrate it with the rest of us. Even tough Christmas is not a big deal to some people, others are so grateful for this date as they perceive we are all more sensitive. I am not so sure that it changes things to higher levels, but I am totally optimistic and opened to the idea.

^I hope that your mother will accept your invitation. It's so crazy how families can hold grudges.

Just bought my mom a ticket to come spend the holidays here. What other 88 year old doesn't want to leave her three volunteer jobs? I just hope I can maintain her energy at that age!

Wow, 88 years old! Quite an accomplishment indeed! :)

Today was a great day for me, I'm feeling good and nothing unusual happened. As always too much work, meetings. But it was special.
I try to put in practice some innovative way to do my things. I'm also feeling so peace at home. Maybe we'll have a great holidays after all.

Went for a drive today, haven't driven in 4 months lol. Felt good, too bad its freezing here

Despite the horiffic shit going on in my life right now, I didn't use drugs or alcohol today. I guess that's positive.

Honestly I would have if it hadn't been for court ordered drug class. My last class is Monday, then I can drink again.

I really shouldn't though..... at least not too much.

^ That's great! :) And very positive.

Looking forward for today!

Bitcoin just broke $16k. (If only I had kept all that btc I bought for drugs over the years, I'd probably have $100k right now. But it's still been nice to see my $300 grow to $500 in a week, and today I'm putting in 400 more. If it's still like this I'm gonna stick my ~$2000 tax return in too.

Bitcoin just broke $16k. (If only I had kept all that btc I bought for drugs over the years, I'd probably have $100k right now. But it's still been nice to see my $300 grow to $500 in a week, and today I'm putting in 400 more. If it's still like this I'm gonna stick my ~$2000 tax return in too.

Check out this thread in science and technology mate. Mark is sitting on a fortune! I really hope he manages to get access to it!!