• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did an unscientific search for "nfl week 14 highlights" (or maybe "nfl week 14 round up" - i can't recall exactly) and found these links with ease:

Here’s What We Learned in N.F.L. Week 14

Cam Newton, Panthers make a statement with win over Vikings

Panthers show a little bit of everything in big win against Vikings

all pretty complimentary and i think most people would describe espn as a sports authority?

alasdair

ok, I’ll give you the last one.

The first one is just a little blurb saying “not to forget” the Panthers. So...they’re tied for first place in the best division in the NFL...went to the Super Bowl two years ago...have a MVP quarterback... and your take is...don’t forget about them? Not what I would call significant credit.

And the other one...David Newton is a well known Panthers reporter who lives and works in Charlotte. He’s going to be as complimentary as he can because he knows who reads his stuff. So yeah, there’s twenty different local news sources I can read when I’m looking for analysis of the game, but it’s usually tilted just like it would be in Boston or Dallas or Miami.

edit: there’s finally a pretty good article on bleacher report that lists the panthers as the number one team no one wants to meet in the playoffs, with the falcons being a close second.

Last edited:
pretty sure dungy or harrison called panthers the winner of week 14 too

Yeah I think it was Harrison. I know I’m being a whiny little bitch here and my argument has a few holes in it. But if you look at the totality of the Sunday evening and Monday week 14 coverage, there was a stunning lack of credit given to the Panthers.

Who was that team in Miami last night, and who was that qb pretending to be a Jay Cutler?

miami d just shut the pats down. they looked terrible on both sides of the ball...

need to get shit together for steelers next week.

alasdair

At least you will have cute cuddly Gronky-poo back by then. After his loooooong 1 game suspension.

After MNF I streamed the Bills-Colts game from Sunday so I could check out some blizzard football. Holy shit! Can't believe there were actually people in the stands, that snow was nuts.

dolphins are 6-7. if they win out they'll be 9-7 and it's hard to see them getting in.

alasdair

This Thursday night game might be the most pathetic yet. I’m trying desperately to find a reason care.

probably going to watch lakers cavs instead...

Last edited:
It’s unbelievable how chaotic the NFC is this year. Google ESPN playoff machine.

dolphins are 6-7. if they win out they'll be 9-7 and it's hard to see them getting in.

alasdair

I don't honestly believe they are going to make it in. Just pointing out how surprising it is that they are still in the hunt.

Two of our final three games are against the Bills, who are one of the teams ahead of us, and if we sweep the final three games we will be 9-7, with tie breakers over several of the teams competing with us over the final Wild Card spot. IIRC, the other teams competing for that spot are 7-6, so if we win out and they go 2-1, which is likely for bordrerline Wildcard teams, we are in. Our odds are not favorable, but they aren't unrealistic or improbable either.

That said, even if the Dolphins do make it to the playoffs, we are not a playoff caliber team, and will get murdered in the first round by a more legitimate contender.

Gase's coaching is pushing this team past its talent level for the second consecutive year, which in this miscarriage of a season is abysmally low. I'm really excited to see what this team can do with another year of rebuilding and the critically underrated Ryan Tannehill behind center.

It’s unbelievable how chaotic the NFC is this year. Google ESPN playoff machine.

the NFC south is especially crazy. Saints / Panthers / Falcons are probably all going to make the playoffs, but who knows with what seed.

I'm trying to stay upbeat about Phillies SB chances but it's difficult to see us beating the saints, panthers or Green Bay with rodgers to get there

After the Dolphins are out, I'll be pulling for the Saints to win it all. I've always liked Drew Brees, and the Saints are such an historically underdog franchise, I can't help but hope they get one more.

It's like when the Browns will actually be good, in about 40 years.

Gronk pulled a Cam!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...triots-te-rob-gronkowski-says-learned-mistake

hmmm...very softball article about the incident though. I’m so fucking shocked!

cam walks off a minute or two early...VENDETTA AGAINST THE MEDIA!!! Immature! Thin skin!

SI hit piece on Cam
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/25/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-press-conference

gronk barely makes it 3 minutes in...aww poor gwonk. He just came off a one game suspension...let’s give the guy a break!

Asshole should be sitting at home for another 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Gronk pulled a Cam!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...triots-te-rob-gronkowski-says-learned-mistake

hmmm...very softball article about the incident though. I’m so fucking shocked!

cam walks off a minute or two early...VENDETTA AGAINST THE MEDIA!!! Immature! Thin skin!

SI hit piece on Cam
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/25/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-press-conference

gronk barely makes it 3 minutes in...aww poor gwonk. He just came off a one game suspension...let’s give the guy a break!

Asshole should be sitting at home for another 3 weeks.

there's big differences in those two videos lol

the question gronk was asked, he didnt like

the question cam was asked was just some random neutral football question

you have to admit cam's reaction there was really strange. unless there is something behind the scenes we're missing

Status
Not open for further replies.