• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What do you mean by "nod"

ActiveMatx

Bluelighter
I always here people reffering to "nodding" off on heroin.

What does this mean? Is it possible to nod on oxycontin?

thanks

Nodding off means falling asleep, for heroin users it refers to the way they tend to unconciously fall forward, thus nodding their head. I have no experience with oxycontin but one would assume that most opiates give the 'nodding' effect.

Nodding off is when your right at the edge of falling alseep. You'll kind go in and out, but it's so calm. I also have amazing dreams while i'm nodding.

imagine falling asleep but being somehow aware that you are asleep and also aware that you feel amazing pleasure the whole time.

it's the state you're in after you're opiated and you lie down (or sit, or whatever) and close your eyes. it's kinda like a dream, only you can hear voices that seem really profound, and you have an extreme sense of well being, plus a nice body high. you're somewhere between unconscious and conscious, but as soon as you open your eyes, it goes away. It's most people's favourite part of being opiated.

Nodding is when the dream world and the waking world become one. The Latin "insomnia" best describes it. Whereas the English "insomnia" generally means the inability (or difficulty) to fall asleep, the Latin is more precise. It refers to a state in which the dream world (sleep) and the waking world (being awake) become one.

I've always thought that was interesting because Dido is "insomnia" in Book IV of Vergil's Aeneid, and there is also a reference made to papaver somniferum (the opium poppy). Was Vergil trying to say Dido was nodding? I don't know.

Yes, you can nod on oxycodone, but it's more likely with heroin. But, then again, everyone's different. While heroin may make most other people nod, you may find that something else will make you nod more, and vice versa.

My definition of a "nod" is when your eyes start closing beyond your control after taking a large dose of an opiate.

I thought what happens to me alot on diludid was a nod.

I would close my eyes and then open then again, although it felt like I closed them for only a second and I actually thought I did untill I realised the show I was watching wasent the same show anymore and I looked at the clock and 20 minutes had gone by.

I got that many times on it, it tottaly fucks with my head because it really did feel like I just closed and opened my eyes just for a second.

I don't have much experience with opiates, but I would always nod off when on oxycotin. For some reason I was always convinced that I was playing Final Fantasy X, and when I woke up I was quite upset that I could never find the controller! It was a really pleasent and disconnected state, where I was *sure* that I was awake.

The nod is when your friend Dan shoots a few bags and sits on the couch with his head leaning back, eyes closed, mouth wide open. He breathes once every 10-15 seconds. This totally unglamorizes smack. I must be some kind of freak, cuz I get everything I want out of H without looking like I'm dead.

Nodding is coming too after a short drop off and discovering that you have anew hole in your jeans, couch, laptop keyboard, yeaouch.

I nod from oxycodone but I try to avoid going that far. When my body intermittently stops breathing by itself, even for a few seconds, it bothers me a bit. Maybe I'd enjoy it a lot more if I wasn't taking it daily for headaches, though. I tend not to get very high at all from it, even when I start to nod. I guess most of my enjoyment comes from having the headaches go away and being able to do stuff around the house again :)

Too bad doctors have a tendency to cut you off opiates even after telling you that you'll have serious headaches for another 4-8 months. I ran out a week ago and can't get any more now. nm, this post is about to go straight to hell.

^LOL I am addicted to the nod.

yes, it is possible to nod with OC, although OC seems to barely effect me so I would have to take a good amount.

i can only classify a REAL nod as when you are so high that you no longer care how bad you're itching, and just drift off.

The greatest state of being.... The machinery in your head is drowned and everything is at peace.