• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What do you mean by "nod"

Brilliant_Frenzy said:
the Latin is more precise

Sorry to be pedantic, but is the Latin more precise? It's just a different meaning for the same word in another language.

ClubbinGuido said:
The greatest state of being.... The machinery in your head is drowned and everything is at peace.

I like that a lot. Good description.

jp411896 said:
I nod from oxycodone but I try to avoid going that far. When my body intermittently stops breathing by itself, even for a few seconds, it bothers me a bit.

The same thing happens to me. It doesnt seem to happen with hydrocodone, or at least alot less often.

But yeah nodding is going in and out of a very dreamy pleasant sleep. I always find myself reaching to get something thats not there that I was just nodding and dreaming about getting. That and I come out of a nod all wet from nodding with my bubbler in my hand and spilling it all over myself.

Nodding off is, usually in rapid sucession, falling into a sleep like state, often laden with dreams, possibly from the supression of REM, and generally lasts for short perioids of time.

Your body often becomes so still that your brain starts producing myoclonic jerks, as a defense mechanism to wake you back up. This is extremely common.

The colloquial word to "nod" probably originates from the literal sense that your head tends to nod down as you slip in and out of this hypnotic state.....

^Yeah those twitches are the worst, especially when you're in public. Its bad enough that you can't keep you're eyes open, and then you jerk awake and I sometimes I grunt or make a weird noise and when I open my eyes everyone is looking at me.

^^^haha yeah, once I nodded out HARD in class at college, and I had the WORST twitch......so bad that I lauched my notebook and pen practically across the room!!!! I hit some girl 3 rows ahead of me in the head w/my notebook.....then, at the end of class, my teacher approached me about "not getting enough sleep at night...." LOL.......needless to say, I was thoroughly embarrased.....