• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Replacing your heroin addiction with (X) substance?

Salemcoyote

Bluelighter
Ten years in to my addiction here are all the drugs I've tried to "switch" over to in an almost always failed attempt to quit:

1) LSD
2) Mushrooms (no fucking way)
3) MDMA
4) Ketamine
5) Kratom
6) Weed
7) Alcohol
8) Benzos
9) Ibogaine (biggest waste of money ever. I was already shooting up, covered in my own urine and fecal matter on the drive back from Mexico.)

Has this actually worked for anyone?

Ketamine (and DXM, MXE and to a lessor extent PCP) were really helpful coming off methadone/heroin. Cannabis has also been helpful.

Gbl(and sometimes ghb or bdo) worked wonders for me at one point to switch and then quit.
I then stayed clean of all opiates/opioids for just under 4yrs.

you havn't tried mxe or 3meopcp.

while they won't make you quit a single heavy dose can make you go a couple days without needing or withdrawing from opiates even with a heavy dependency.

the psychedelic aspect will make you feel guilty a bit and rethink your use.

....its gone both ways for me because its dependent on your mindset too because i've also heavily abused opiates on dissos....dilaudid + mxe shots litterally had me dropping to my knees in ecstacy that shits on ecstacy

you havn't tried mxe or 3meopcp.

while they won't make you quit a single heavy dose can make you go a couple days without needing or withdrawing from opiates even with a heavy dependency.

the psychedelic aspect will make you feel guilty a bit and rethink your use.

....its gone both ways for me because its dependent on your mindset too because i've also heavily abused opiates on dissos....dilaudid + mxe shots litterally had me dropping to my knees in ecstacy that shits on ecstacy

Oh how i miss MXE....
That shit was such a beautiful(and therapeutic) substance....

Methadone, weed, longer lasting benzos, Somas for the initial detox, worked pretty well for me. But if I'd had known about kratom then I would've tried that. I still use it for cravings now and again.

It is not exactly heroin. But I actually managed to stop a around 120 mg oxycodone each day by replacing it with a high dosage etizolam. It was the first time I tried Etizolam. I was actually euphoric from the etizolam while having delusions of sobriety. I was the christmas of 2013 I started Etizolam around november and stopped oxycodone a few days later. However, I ended up going through around around 1.500 1 mg Etizolam from november to marts, so I was very addicted to etizolam when i stopped. You can ask yourself whether if is worth to trade an oxycodone addiction to an addiction where your everyday from morning to you go to bed think you are sober buy are visibly under the influenced. I ended up destroying much of the christmas for my family to be honest.

Today however, it is very rarely that I experience the same effects from etizolam, it is strange and I have no explanation.

However, during the withdrawals from the Etizolam I started taking pharmaceutical grade Ketamine, Barbiturates and opioids (mainly fentanyl) IV. So in some respect you could say that Etizolam started my IV drug carrier.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't answer your question in regards to replacing heroin. I've been trying to find a substance to replace heavy alcohol use tho but to no avail. Smoking weed is hit or miss but I'm thinking of dabbling in dissociatives. I mostly wish I didn't feel the need for drugs.

You tried to replace heroin with mdma? How? I mean, I thought md is that kind of drug you can't take daily. And, how didn't it work? I mean you were high on mdma and still wanted heroin?
I never tried to switch addictions replacing heroin with something else. I don't think it's a good idea anyway. I just stopped heroin when I realized I should. All I know is when I did heroin and wanted to reduce the amounts, alcohol and benzos would do the trick.
I know some people who did stop heroin replacing it with booze, coce and or weed, but if you ask me, stop heroir first, try other things later-if you still want to. Not gonna be easy but it's the best way.
The easiest thing to replace heroin with is subs. I mean, that's what they were designed for. Or if you can get some methadone.

Unfortunately I can't answer your question in regards to replacing heroin. I've been trying to find a substance to replace heavy alcohol use tho but to no avail. Smoking weed is hit or miss but I'm thinking of dabbling in dissociatives. I mostly wish I didn't feel the need for drugs.

For me it's easier to be disciplined with dissos and they provide relief that lasts for days. Although when I was shooting drugs forget it. The disso IV rush is very addicting but otherwise I've been able to use them 1x per week

It didn't work because the methadone blocks the effects of MDMA, at least that's the theory at the moment (read my thread "methadone blocking mdma?" in other drugs forum)

I haven't shot dope in 20 months, but I do have a legit script for almost 200 Oxy IR 20mg per month due to a bad car accident. Plus, I smoke a lot of weed. And I'm prescribed Klonopin as well, helps with the anxiety.

if it ends in a 'pam or a 'lam i've given it a go

that reminds me of this guy I heard in rehab. They asked him what his drug of choice was and he was like half-asleep from Librium and he just says this all groggy:

"what drug did I use? Idk..... water soluble?"

apparently I was the only one who thought it was funny because I started dying and literally nobody else laughed and I was like well fuck me right?

I've tried Suboxone, which definitely does what it does and if you use it right can help

Weed - I either have to be a pothead or not smoke at all. Tough to find a middle ground here. And Id rather just be a heroin addict than a pothead to be honest. Both sub groups don't really do much but there is much more risk in being a heroin addict obviously. But the drugs aren't even close in terms of feels. I could smoke weed for 24 hours straight and never even get close to how 1 shot of dope would feel. Yup, I'm fucked

The euphoria of opiates can't be matched. Can't be replaced....stims have good euhporia but not the same