• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma recovery! Please help.. anyone with similar experience ? Please! This is hell

Also jk how much did you use when you went through this and did you have the exact same symptoms also? How long did it take you to recover ?

I had the exact same symptoms but I went through a 5 month long binge where I took 12-16 tablets EVERY weekend. It took many months for me the normalize but finally I did. But I did take the Prozac every day the entire time afterwards.

It should get easier even much before recovery, like you said the other day when you were able to distract yourself. It seems likely that it was from the valium. Have you taken them now too? It can help even just knowing that there's a way to have temporary relief. Or stay on them, or possibly a better suited long term benzo and then taper off ultra slow. These are things to discuss with the doc and not internet people I suppose.
Idk I felt happy for the thumbs up post you made... I haven't been feeling too positive about my condition so I didn't post earlier.

I hope so and yeah I have an appointment on the 3rd to hopefully to get put on some benzos for a while. How many months did it take for you to start feeling again? Or enjoying things ?

My major anhedonia which sounds similar to yours was from another experience, an adverse reaction/protracted withdrawal from an ssri. Then it took around 6 months until I started occasionally enjoying tv shows and wasn't as frantic anymore, still getting better and regularly enjoying things but unable to function at 12 months. A year in I eventually reinstated the drug and did an ultra long taper. Most people don't have to do this. There's a forum SurvivingAntidepressants for people who have adverse reactions to ssris, but they are a minority. I don't mention this because I don't want to panic people. It is pretty depressing to me that my recovery story is up there somewhere still.
In this "ltc" I've been at a lower level of apathy since the beginning pretty much. It's not as intense at all. Still sucks, everything is flat and boring but it's bearable. I'm just not very much fun at the moment. I don't laugh or smile and I'm just basically killing time every day...

That was back in around 2010. And I went on to recover completely to the point that I had so completely put it behind me recreational drugs seemed like a good idea. And I didn't believe I would ever be ok again then. Which is also pretty much the only reason I'm not completely panicing over my current state...

A dentist may have something more to say (there are dentists that specialize in TMD and head pain as well) but you may want to try another ENT or a neurologist that treats trigeminal neuralgia.

There is a lot of weird anatomy going on with the neck/throat. If it's something that can be reproduced when channeling air through your nose (closing your palate) then I think we have the same thing going on as far as the noise. I get a crinkling sound in my ears when I yawn and move my palate around and stuff.

I used to do a lot of singing so I'm used to weird stuff going on with the throat, and I think a lot of people do get these random noises, but it could just be indicative of some sort of neck/throat musculoskeletal issue - in this sense the crinkling is merely a symptom of musculoskeletal dysfunction that could be causing issues with the cranial nerves.

Pain with wind blowing against the face is supposedly one of the classic trigeminal neuralgia complaints so there could be something weird going on at your craniocervical junction. This is supposed to be more of a neurologist thing so hopefully you can find a good one. There are different theories on the cause of trigeminal neuralgia, and some of that seems to overlap with chiari malformation which you should also Wikipedia, but the surgeries seem to focus on opening up that junction.

For what it's worth, a neck MRI a few years ago showed I had weird angulation at the craniocervical junction. Have had various neck and head problems for a few years now.

My neck/head theory remains steadfast
I was getting a lot of crinkling in my left ear when I was moving my jaw as well....went away though. I don't have any neck muscle pain though. Why would things like beers or pot or caffeine set us off though if it was just a neck thing?

It's crippling me.. I can't go a damn day without crying and wishing for my old life back and to just be able to feel some sort of happiness.

I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. Anhedonia really makes it very hard to be in the moment because those things that give meaning to any activity are missing. Why is the appointment on the 3rd? I thought you had one for today.

I want my life too. This is not life, this is just shitty existence. Yeah I guess I have something to be grateful of, I can sort of enjoy watching films/tv especially in the evening but I'm stuck home and I feel like death all day. I've watched more tvshows in the last 2 months than in the last 2 years... it's groundhog day. I'm so tired of this. At least days pass relatively quick this way.

I do have an appointment tomorrow but this is just to switch from my snri to an ssri.. if he will even switch me. I had to make an appointment with a completely different doctor to try and get benzos.

It is confusing. I hope something helps, all I want to do is kill myself.. I can't handle this anymore and I'm really afraid it's just never going to go away.. is there anyone who has suffered from emotional numbness for years on end? Is that a possibility ?

I started out feeling nothing but sorry for you - now after TWELVE pages, I don't feel much but apathy. Countless people here have advised you what to do, urged you not to take your life, given you helpful suggestions, related to your condition......yet every post you keep going on about killing yourself.

You're not the first person to experience a long term comedown and you won't be the last. Get on the new SSRI, eat well, sleep well, exercise and get on with it ffs.

I am excercising, started going to the gym, running, eating healthy, im taking everyone's advice just can't help how I feel. I went to the Doctor today and they just upped the Wellbutrin instead of switching me to an ssri

Which is an SSNRI. Hopefully Venlafaxine (also known as effexor) and wellbutrin are a good combo.

Give the SSNRI 8 weeks and then re-asses.

Last edited: