• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

New country based on Research Chemicals

The idea is that the economy is supported by research chemicals, not that everyone would have to be stoned or high on them all the time. Seems like an uber-socially liberal place with a big focus on the industry of biochemistry (namely RCs). It would attract people who just wanna get high all the time, but for the purpose of imagining the idea working, it would have to attract some scientists who are developing new chemicals too.

Pans out like a city-state basically made up of some laboratories and resorts for tourists. It doesn't sound wholly dystopian to me.

Exactly. The tourists will be easy to attract. Our main focus now is how do we attract those scientists and incentivize them to become citizens on the island and set up labs. Ondeplace that could be ideal is Haiti. It is a banana republic and most people live in one city:the capital city. That means we can take over the whole south or north and nobody would care. It will also be easy for bluelighters to move there because immigration is not strict.

We could also take over some parts of Greenland or Iceland and nobody would care. But I am not sure how easy it is going for bluelighters from the third world to move there in term of visa.
I don't think there will much laziness. The things about these places is the climate is harsh. If you don't work and bring revenue you die. The population is going to be small so we will know who the trouble makers are.
Anybody who wants to move to this new society should in theory wans to work hard to make it work. We could hold the records for most patents per capita. I propose to name the island Shulginland in honor of Sasha Shulgin.

That was my first idea as well. But if I've got unlimited access to every benzo and opiate I desire at any time, I might not really care. :p

I'd probably just buy a house (or appartment) there and live like a hermit so I wouldn't have to deal with all the other druggies, and so high all the time that I even have enough patience to deal with all kinds of druggiez whenever I need to go to the store to buy my next heap of opiates. :D

Nah, Srsly though, I wouldn't wanna live there. Also sounds like it would be a disaster socially. It'd probably be poorly maintained and going to Shit within 1 week as well (unless maybe the meth users do all the handiwork & the cleaning for everyone etc etc =D hehe)

I would however definitely like to go on vacation there sometime, but I'd bring friends (either online friends or friends that I already know irl, in ant case people I know are cool, whether they are on drugs or not doesn't matter)

It sounds nice at first but once you start picturing it, it's not very pretty.

There is more to our society than the fact that you can get high and have access to drugs. The same way you can say whatever you want alone in your home throughout the world but America is one of the few countries that guarantees that you can say whatever you want in public because it is your constitutional right. And that is why in America we have the best media, film and entertainment industry in the world. This is our approach to our RCs. We will have the best RC industry in the world because we guarantee everybody the right to get high.
It is not going to be poorly maintained because the population is going to be small in the beginning and every one is going to know everybody. It is not a welfare state, if you don't contribute, you will die of starvation.
Most psychonauts have ways they think they can improve their favorite substances such as reducing the bodyload, making it more functional or others. This is the place where you can work on improving your drugs of choice.

Honestly the emphasis on males only getting rights put me off right at the beginning, even though I see you've edited it out now. Worried pregnant females will mess it up? Deal with that on a case-by-case basis. It came off as pretty anti-woman since you felt it necessary to mention it twice in a short OP and didn't explain it like you did when people reacted to it... it makes me think you're trolling. Anyway, interesting thought experiment. I think that we should be free to do any drug we choose as a basic human right, but to gather together only all of the people who want drugs to be legal is probably asking for trouble. You're gonna get the good and the bad, and no one is going to want to be the police, but you're going to have crime and shit you need to police. Additionally most foreign governments would place serious sanctions on you if not outright invade, because freedom of drug use contradicts the global drug war which most of them support to some extent for financial reasons or because they themselves are afraid of sanctions by those who are benefiting financially.

All Women are welcome. This is the most basic right in our society and it is non-negotiable. You may not want to drugs but you have to accept that other people have the right to and that you are going to spend your life around such people. Not all drugs are sedative, there are stimulants. psychedelics and etc. Not everybody is going to spend 18 hours with a needle in their arms dozing off.
Not all foreign government give a damn. There are at least 3 countries we can move to that would not raise an eyebrow: Parts of Greenland , Iceland and Haiti.
See how marijuana is legal in a lot of states in the U.S while couple years earlier it was a manhunt. By giving people freedom to sell, manufacture, and use any drug, we will hold as a nation a shitload of patents and when these other countries want to join in, they will have to pay us. We will be ahead of everybody in RC, biochemistry and neuroscience.
While everybody is spending billions in space exploration and trying to go to mars, we spend money on mind exploration.

The best part about chosing Iceland or Greenland is the cold. we can set up severs there and the cost for cooling is going to be cheap. We could be the first country that is based entirely on cryptocurrency.

Sounds like a good recipe for hyper-inflation, famine, mass starvation.

How will you fund a health system? High taxes?
Will these "RCs" be tested for safety before being sold to the population?
Why not pursue a reformist agenda in an existing country?
How do you expect these 3 countries to give up their sovereignty without "raising an eyebrow"?
Why Haiti, Greenland, Iceland?
What do these countries have in common, from your perspective?

There would have to be sober people slaves to actually do shit around the place. We would be too fucked up to be of much use.

^

Seriously, I don't wanna help do anything, I just wanna get high and fuck wome - uh, dudes.

There would have to be sober people slaves to actually do shit around the place. We would be too fucked up to be of much use.

We could enslave all the DEA/cia/nsa agents who come to raid and surveil. This will be possible because every LEAP (Law enforcement against prohibition) officer will move to island, stay soberish, and provide police/military protection.

Since this has come up a few times in this thread...I don't believe that people should be free to do any drug they choose. Imagine the dumbest most reckless crackheads you've come accross in life, now imagine them having pure 3meoPcp and doing cocaine sized lines. Imagine them having them having pure fentanyl.

All drugs should be legal for those they are "prescribed" for. It would be more of a licence rather that a script though. Being licensed to used a specific drug would involve a variety of tests, psychological, it would look at criminal histroy also...if you are violent you cant have PCP etc.

if you are a heroin addict already, you can have a heroin licence.

While I think most people that frequent this board are responsible with drugs, there are many people that in the general population that are not. Getting licences may require some sort of "drug education" and continuing education. And if you get caught driving on high doses of LSD you lose your licences. If you are benzoed out and end up breaking into someones house and raping their daughter you lose your licence..etc

You can't just release ultra mind bending drugs on the entire population and expect it to be ok.

"Lord of the Flies on NBOMe" hahahahaha Thought about that story yesterday. idk, why MALES only again??? People can say you can't do whatever to try to stop citizens of every country but there will always be people who are able and willing to make RC's.

If I move there then my neighbors would likely complain about the sperm like smell constantly coming from my house...

Well at least the tourism market would be booming, I'm sure there would be plenty of people eager to go somewhere where they can use drugs without legal consequence.

Since this has come up a few times in this thread...I don't believe that people should be free to do any drug they choose. Imagine the dumbest most reckless crackheads you've come accross in life, now imagine them having pure 3meoPcp and doing cocaine sized lines. Imagine them having them having pure fentanyl.

All drugs should be legal for those they are "prescribed" for. It would be more of a licence rather that a script though. Being licensed to used a specific drug would involve a variety of tests, psychological, it would look at criminal histroy also...if you are violent you cant have PCP etc.

if you are a heroin addict already, you can have a heroin licence.

While I think most people that frequent this board are responsible with drugs, there are many people that in the general population that are not. Getting licences may require some sort of "drug education" and continuing education. And if you get caught driving on high doses of LSD you lose your licences. If you are benzoed out and end up breaking into someones house and raping their daughter you lose your licence..etc

You can't just release ultra mind bending drugs on the entire population and expect it to be ok.

I think giving the state the power to tell adults what they can put in their bodies is wrong. But there will be punishment like any other society for people who break the law whether they committed the offense high or not. The fact that drugs are legal means people will be more aware of the danger or safety parameters of the substances the are using. There will be support networks for people who feel they are addicted to a certain drug. The economy will be about enhancing and improving the various drug experiences. For example instead of prohibiting some people from using PCP , we can have spas where people go that make the experience of using PCP a million times better than doing it at home. This will lead to people knowing the proper settings to do PCP.
Another way the market will intervene is by having industries that cater to law enforcement such as those building devices to detect the various substances in the body. These devices can be exported as well bringing revenue to our nation.

"Lord of the Flies on NBOMe" hahahahaha Thought about that story yesterday. idk, why MALES only again??? People can say you can't do whatever to try to stop citizens of every country but there will always be people who are able and willing to make RC's.

Everybody is welcome. Male and female and whatever other gender people identify with. People like to explore their minds the same way they like to go visit different places if they can afford them. Somehow every country on earth thinks it is a crime unless yo do the specific substances that they tax. One excuse is they claim that drugs change people behaviors but so is going to college or being converted to a new religion.

If I move there then my neighbors would likely complain about the sperm like smell constantly coming from my house...

The market will take care of that. There will be inventors who will come up with ways to contain the smell of whatever your drug of choice is.

Well at least the tourism market would be booming, I'm sure there would be plenty of people eager to go somewhere where they can use drugs without legal consequence.

Damn right. Not only you can use drugs without legal consequences but there will entertainment catered to every type of substance users. No matter what your drug of choices is, there is no other better place to do it then in our country.

Sounds like a good recipe for hyper-inflation, famine, mass starvation.

How will you fund a health system? High taxes?
Will these "RCs" be tested for safety before being sold to the population?
Why not pursue a reformist agenda in an existing country?
How do you expect these 3 countries to give up their sovereignty without "raising an eyebrow"?
Why Haiti, Greenland, Iceland?
What do these countries have in common, from your perspective?

First of all, that is why it is we grant it as a right for people to get high. Before you talk, you don't conduct a 3-year study to see if what you are going to say is going to hurt people in the long run. We will not need studies for every RC that comes out. Of course anyone who manufacture any substance will have to disclose some dosage instructions but we can't require them to pass an arbitrary set of tests before they can release the drug on the market. As long as the substance doesn't kill anyone at the prescribed dose.
There will be low taxes to attract businesses. The taxes will be on the export.