Considering Suicide

I think I found something wrong about my arrest.
"(d) Any person who, for the purpose of sexual arousal, sexual gratification, or sexual abuse, causes another, against that person’s will while that person is unlawfully restrained either by the accused or an accomplice, or is institutionalized for medical treatment and is seriously disabled or medically incapacitated, to masturbate or touch an intimate part of either of those persons or a third person, is guilty of sexual battery. A violation of this subdivision is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one year, and by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000); or by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years, and by a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000)."

My teacher was not under any of this condition. she wasnt sick. she wasnt restrained or disable.
she was just walking.

This is more accurate

"
(e) (1) Any person who touches an intimate part of another person, if the touching is against the will of the person touched, and is for the specific purpose of sexual arousal, sexual gratification, or sexual abuse, is guilty of misdemeanor sexual battery, punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000), or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding six months, or by both that fine and imprisonment. However, if the defendant was an employer and the victim was an employee of the defendant, the misdemeanor sexual battery shall be punishable by a fine not exceeding three thousand dollars ($3,000), by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding six months, or by both that fine and imprisonment. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, any amount of a fine above two thousand dollars ($2,000) which is collected from a defendant for a violation of this subdivision shall be transmitted to the State Treasury and, upon appropriation by the Legislature, distributed to the Department of Fair Employment and Housing for the purpose of enforcement of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Part 2.8 (commencing with Section 12900) of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code), including, but not limited to, laws that proscribe sexual harassment in places of employment. However, in no event shall an amount over two thousand dollars ($2,000) be transmitted to the State Treasury until all fines, including any restitution fines that may have been imposed upon the defendant, have been paid in full."

I don't know why they charged me with a class d felony of section D.
my teacher wasnt restrained. she was a healthy lady. she wasnt handicap under any medical issues.

what can i do to lower that? there were multiple witnesses seeing that she wasnt ill, injured, or restrained in any way

you should qualify for a public defender which is usually assigned by the judge on the day of your arraignment. if all you did was slap her ass (a la sports-style slap of the ass) my guess is at worst the court will allow you to plead to a misdemeanor and receive a conditional discharge (a term of probation when the charges are dropped upon completion) even if you end up in jail you'll be the kid there for slapping the teachers ass (instant respect) nothing to commit suicide over.

good luck

You don't have to pay shit(unkess you make too much money, which I doubt, at 17), just get that public defender. Also, I'm almost sure you will get that dropped down to a misdemeanor in a plea bargain. Chill out, you have alot of life ahead of you, one day you'll look back at this and laugh your ass off.

you should qualify for a public defender which is usually assigned by the judge on the day of your arraignment. if all you did was slap her ass (a la sports-style slap of the ass) my guess is at worst the court will allow you to plead to a misdemeanor and receive a conditional discharge (a term of probation when the charges are dropped upon completion) even if you end up in jail you'll be the kid there for slapping the teachers ass (instant respect) nothing to commit suicide over.

good luck
that made me laugh a bit. thank you.
now i feel a bit relief that the officer gave me a wrong penalty code when it should have been section e, which is misdemeanor.

good luck

hahahahahaha

good luck

What exactly is an arraigment? based on what i've read, its the first time you see a judge after arrest, but i've never seen the judge. not until June 30th. but thats my court date. or do i go there on that day just to be assigned an attorney then the trial starts some other day?

an arraignment is when you're formally charged in front of a judge and he decides whether or not you qualify for a public defender and if bail is appropriate. I would get a free consultation from an attorney who practices in your state, one should be able to give you a good idea of possible outcomes.

I believe that as soon as you speak and hear to what the lawyer has to say you'll feel better. Right now it seems you are only focused on the worst possible scenarios only. The lawyer should change the way you are thinking as things will be clarified to you. Besides the punishment has to be proportional to what has happened. Of course the school has to set an example as these things can't be ignored but I really can't imagine you'll be imprisioned.

Just came back from attorney.
He said I'll most likely get a probation, or at least 3-6 months in jail.
So far, I'm a bit relief. My school is holding a meeting soon to see whether or not i should be expel and at that meeting, ill apologize to the teacher one more time which as much emotion as i can. after this whole mess is over, i swear to god i will be a changed person. i will not do these stupid things again. this is an experience ill never forget and will always remember the lessons i learned from it. now i have the right to feel a bit more relief.

... after this whole mess is over, i swear to god i will be a changed person. i will not do these stupid things again. this is an experience ill never forget and will always remember the lessons i learned from it. now i have the right to feel a bit more relief.

That is the best way to approach life. We all fuck up. We do stupid things that we sometimes get away with and stupid things that sometimes land us in a world of hurt.But if you can seize the opportunity to self-reflect and come out stronger, you are building yourself and your life from the inside out and that is something worth having. <3

Keep us posted, MyLife, we are all hoping the best for you.<3

Last edited:
Hello. I'm new to this forum. Thanks for having me.

I'm a 17 years old male. I'm very stupid.
On May 1st, 2017, I accepted a dare challenge from my friend of slapping my teacher's butt, and got arrested for class D felony sexual battery.
I've been reading online that class d felony are usually a 1-6 years sentence. This is my first time offense. My family dont have money for expensive attorneys. we also dont know how to get a court attorney.
So, I've considering suicide. I didn't think such a small thing I did can cause me to go to jail for so long and I don't want to be in jail.
I don't want to lock myself from the world.
But if I continue on living, that's what will happen. I'm pathetic. Not even repaying my parents one cent for what they've done for me. Getting arrested, going to jail. I'm such a pathetic and stupid son. My parents work hard to put me in school and this is the type of shit I do to repay them.
So, suicide is probably my only option. I'm probably getting expelled from my school. Not being able to get any jobs because of my felony.
Maybe, when I die, i might get a chance to go back and redo things.
nah, that's too convenient. and life is not that convenient.
I'm such an idiot. Pathetic. Stupid. Retarded. Now I'm all alone. No one can help me out of this. This is something I brought upon myself.
My dad is mad. My mom is sad and crying. I'm here sitting, typing on a computer like a pathetic person that I am.
Why does this have to happen to me? It's just one more month. One more month til summer vacation. But I had to screw it up.
Funny how the other day, I was able to sleep without any stress, depression, or worries. But then, a day later, I'm all screwed up.
so, if i just take a knife, slit my throat, and die, all this stress will go away. everything will just go. poof. done.
a few days ago feel like years ago.

Thank you for reading.
I hope I can feel at least a bit of happiness before i decide to go.

Please, listen and heed the advice found from the others here.

This is a great time to reflect and learn. I was arrested 4 times between the ages of 15-20. I didn't learn right away. Take this time to learn. It seems like you are a genuinely good person, who can feel remorse and regret the actions you took.

While no one here can give you legal advice, my experience in such situations is that the Felony should be dropped. You might have a misdemeanor, but hopefully if you can talk to the DA / Judge and they see that you are of good moral character and mean to do well and want to advance in life they will just make it an ACD (where it is removed from your public record after 1 year of good behavior).

Wish you the best of luck mate.

That is the best way to approach life. We all fuck up. We do stupid things that we sometimes get away with and stupid things that sometimes land us in a world of hurt.But if you can seize the opportunity to self-reflect and come out stronger, you are building yourself and your life from the inside out and that is something worth having. <3

Keep us posted, MyLife, we are all hoping the best for you.<3

herbavore posts always touch me.

that sensation that can't be shook.

a shudder up the spine (in the best possible way)

pure euphoria.

Please don't kill yourself it will ruin your family ...My brother died by suicide 6 years ago and it destroyed my Mom and the rest of our family ....

We ALL do stupid stuff we wish we could take back when we are young.....The good thing is since your young you have learned obviously a very big lesson that will serve you very well in the rest of your life ... I honestly do not think they will put you in jail for 6 years ... Please so not harm yourself.... probation is not that bad you check in every so often as long as you live on the strait and narrow in a few years this will just be a memory of "the time you made a mistake" and you will be able to sleep again... I tend to stress over things myself so I know what a awful feeling it is but honestly just give yourself some time I know it was a huge shock to see that you could go to jail but like I said I really don't think they are going to use up a good jail bed on you when it could go for some really bad criminal....

Please don't kill yourself it will ruin your family ...My brother died by suicide 6 years ago and it destroyed my Mom and the rest of our family ....

We ALL do stupid stuff we wish we could take back when we are young.....The good thing is since your young you have learned obviously a very big lesson that will serve you very well in the rest of your life ... I honestly do not think they will put you in jail for 6 years ... Please so not harm yourself.... probation is not that bad you check in every so often as long as you live on the strait and narrow in a few years this will just be a memory of "the time you made a mistake" and you will be able to sleep again... I tend to stress over things myself so I know what a awful feeling it is but honestly just give yourself some time I know it was a huge shock to see that you could go to jail but like I said I really don't think they are going to use up a good jail bed on you when it could go for some really bad criminal....

At first, I was shocked and scared. I only thought of the worst possible outcome and was beaten by that thought. I was so scared. I don't want to be in jail or prison. Not for something like that, so all I think of was suicide. You know sometimes when you're driven to the corner by paranoia and fear, you just want to end it so badly and make those emotions go away, you just think of the fastest possible way out. Now, I'm still scared. When I think of myself sitting there in front of the judges, I shit myself. I just feel so nervous thinking about it. So nervous that I ask myself what if this happens, what if that happen. There's just so much activity in your brain, at night you feel like you have insomnia. But when I spoke to my lawyer, I felt relief.
You know, in this entire thread, I said I'll not do stupid things anymore. But me thinking about suicide was another stupid thing that I did, and I'm sorry for making anyone worry and thank you so much for spending the time out of your day reading my words.

Right now, I'm a little bit more worry about my school work. As you may know, summer is approaching, and the semester is going to soon end.
My grades are not something I can be proud of, and I will change that. I might need to repeat an extra year, but it's okay. If that's what it takes for me to change and prove to everybody around me that I can change, then I'll take that chance.

One question I'd like to ask is how hard will it be for me to find myself a job? If you have a criminal record, how did you acquire a job? I know society look at sex offenses harshly, but I'll need to find a job.