• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The nature of chakras, your perception of them and chakra removal

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
The topic of chakras has been discussed before in this forum, but perhaps not like this.

To preface this discussion the existence of chakras isn't really something most people can verify for themselves directly, so unless you are one of those people with the gift of enhanced perception that allows these structures to be seen directly you may not even be aware of them or take them on faith. As for myself, I can claim to sense energetic openings and closing in some energetic centers like the heart and belly predominantly but also sometimes the throat and third eye. That said, the nature of these energy centers is not perceived as a chakra cone, but just a region in my body with enhanced sensitivity to energy and with distinct energetic qualities.

The other thing about chakras is that the reports out there aren't entirely consistent. Some traditions and authors describe different numbers of chakras, different colors and qualities and purposes as well as cone structures, vortex patterns, etc. is there an explanation for these discrepencies? How does one discern the different descriptions out there short of learning how to perceive them directly?

Finally, presupposing their existance, are chakras a truely vital aspect of our energetic body? What exactly do they add to our experience? Yes, there are many descriptions out there of energetic qualities associated with them, but are the chakras themselves causal in this respect? I've recently come across a description of chakras that is new to me and actually makes sense in a way: are chakras implants for the giving/taking energy from other people? Is the nature of this energy exchange parasitic? One could argue that in the developing newborn these energy centers facilitate a shared experience with adults since other means of communication are not well developed, but as adults do we really need the chakras? I find interesting that some are claiming to remove some of their chakras. One person in particular I respect as a healer shocked me with the unexpected admission that he had removed three of his chakras and received enormous benefits from doing so. One of the first public accounts of this process of chakra removal was described here:

http://www.fw-indigo-adults.com/pages/SecretBehindChakras.html

There are numerous others who report this and claim to have removed their chakras. Energy healers in particular find this increases their ability to work with patients with increased sensitivity and less fatigue. Anyways, hope this is an interesting topic to some. feel free to discuss anything related to chakras in this thread.

baby.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting topic. I will think on it, but I'll say that yes, you can give to and take from the energy of other people, but that is not the entire nature of how we work with energy and generate it for ourselves. I derive most of my energy from the inspiration of creation (music and art), which is coming from... I don't know. The universe I suppose. I feel it as a physical sensation in some combination of the areas described as the chakras, especially solar plexus, heart, and the top of my head. So no, I don't think the nature of our chakras/energy system is parasitic at all, although it's certainly possible to be parasitic about it.

I think our whole universe is parasitic in a way. That doesn't mean that all the negative connotations that we usually apply to the word parasitic have to necessarily apply. It's more like a computer. Computers aren't inherently negative or evil even though they absolutely need to take in power to function.

I think chakras are probably parasitic in that way. The universe is likely a closed system transferring energy around within itself. Chakras are supposedly the measurement of the energy that flows through us. Well we presently need to take in air and nutrients to exist, so even if chakras themselves aren't parasitic, they are at least part of a parasitic system. That system being us.

This is just my guess, but I believe that chakras are likely our interpretation of the flow of energy that literally color our existence. Part of the 'screening process' that we view the world through. They may be just our way of measuring our past experiences so we can use them to view the present and dictate our futures.

Some situations cause us to be more selfish while others cause us to be more selfless. So if you make a line with complete selflessness on one end, and complete selfishness on the other, than 'chakras' may be the universe's measurement of where on that scale our experiences fall when confronted with different situations. So basically chakras are the energies that are twisted around by karma, with chakras being the base energy of our being and our karma being the scales that dictate the flow our chakras take.

Color is clear light stretched and twisted around so that only portions of it are absorbed. So our perception of color is only a fraction of a whole system. I think chakras and karma are the systems that filter out the pure unlimited energy into fractions that are digestible by our senses.

Good point, life itself is quite parasitic isn't it? No reason that wouldn't extend to the rest of the universe.

Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing. :)

Yeah, great post s.c. I guess parasitic could be expanded upon. We're clearly exchanging energy with the universe always. According to many belief systems, energy like chi is constantly being given to us and is never in short supply. Such forms of energy exchange are hardly parasitic in my understanding. It becomes parasitic when for whatever reason someone can no longer freely receive their energy from source and resorts to taking it from others, often in a way that as at the expense of someone else. In a finite universe you could argue that all exchanges are parasitic even though there is abundance for all generally. In a universe where our connection is to source, there is generally understood to be no limitation.

Here's an image of a parasitic interaction as perceived by Barbara Brennan who is a well known clairvoyant

Vampire.jpg

When I considered s.c's position of everything being parasitic, I was thinking of how life in general is. All forms of life feed off other forms of life to survive. We consume other life, even vegans consume plants, which are life forms. Everything consumes something else to survive. It just got me thinking that energy is all coming from somewhere, even if we don't recognize or understand the source. If energy is neither created nor destroyed (who knows, maybe new energy is being fed into the system constantly for all we really know), then it's having to be subtracted from somewhere. But I agree, energy I get through inspiration/etc/I suppose you refer to it as chi, does not negatively affect any beings or system I am able to perceive.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with the thoughts about the parasitical nature of the biological playpen I'm not sure about the selfless vs selfish concept in relation to this dynamic.. I don't think that has much to do with it and is more just a human projection of what we 'wish to be' values. It's nice to think there's this karma dynamic going on but do we really think something is keeping tally? And for what purpose? It presumes that there's some kind of soul growth or another concept.. all part of a concept structure.. which when you look at it critically is based on a lot of assumptions, usually justified with reference to ancient or oriental thinking or the like.

I believe it's a lot less glamorous than that; less poetic and more brutal engineered type functionality. Not only that but I also believe we're not the top of the food chain, that we are being harvested for our neural energy (chi, prana, etc) by life we can not perceive and that the greatest outpouring happens during sexual acts. We may even be prompted in that direction by these organisms, or towards other acts that elicit an outpouring of energy. Life as you say is all about the movement of energy. We can clearly see how it is transmuted up the food chain, but I guess it depends on whether you think we're so special to not be consumed by something when everything else is.

From one overly complex explanation to another! =D

Seriously no disrespect meant by my retort, I just had to express my audible chuckle electronically. :)

In all seriousness we're not always the top of the food chain on Earth, disregarding potential hidden advanced life-forms feeding on us. You meet a tiger in the wild, you get eaten. Unless you're with a posse, or you have a good gun.

I've read Brennan's works and met her in person. She does have gifts and talent, but it's a shame she has turned it into a multi-million dollar franchise that leads mundane people to believe that anyone can develop psychic perception and energetic healing abilities. She pushes hundreds of suckers through her levels-based programs every year, when those people will never develop sight, nor will they have any real major impact on the wellness of others. It's something you're born with.

Her diagrams of chakras and auras are the most accurate I have seen in any western literature, but they are still too perfect. The chakras are constantly moving and changing, as are the meridians and energy lines of the body.

There are many humans out there who are very vampiric, but they don't mean to be. They themselves are blocked in some way or another and they feed on people in the exact same way continuously. The people who let them feed are vulnerable in the same area that the vampire is trying to fill. We all have our weaknesses. If you weren't weak in a certain area then nobody could leech you from there. So I wouldn't call it a parasitic relationship, because both people are gaining something from it, whether it's the sense they are being helped or that they are helping someone. Two sides of the same coin really, it's called co-dependence.

The people who drain me the most are people who talk incessantly with a raised voice at the end as if they're asking a question? All the time? Like even when they're not asking a question? They're still asking one? They hook you by talking that way because they trigger the part of your mind that has to deliver an answer, even though no answer is being sought. Those people can fuck right off. Others latch on at the heart or at the emotional center.

The only humans I would call truly parasitic are psy-vamps and they are very rare. They power-drain everyone they're around and the only way to really offset it is to hang out with them in groups. They're like a black hole for energy. I've only met one in my life and her aura was bizarre, and I had to go to bed right after interacting with her every time. I've called people parasitic in the past who I felt were refusing to change even after they were made aware of their tendency to drain, but that was just my value judgment.

I believe it's a lot less glamorous than that; less poetic and more brutal engineered type functionality. Not only that but I also believe we're not the top of the food chain, that we are being harvested for our neural energy (chi, prana, etc) by life we can not perceive and that the greatest outpouring happens during sexual acts. We may even be prompted in that direction by these organisms, or towards other acts that elicit an outpouring of energy. Life as you say is all about the movement of energy. We can clearly see how it is transmuted up the food chain, but I guess it depends on whether you think we're so special to not be consumed by something when everything else is.

I tend to agree with you. I didn't always see it that way. It is also in a sense the idea behind chakra removal if you want to go that far. If our neural energy (prana, chi, etc) is the meal, then chakras are the dish on which it is served. This is a completely new idea to me and one I can't say I totally believe, but it is definitely intriguing to me.

I've read Brennan's works and met her in person. She does have gifts and talent, but it's a shame she has turned it into a multi-million dollar franchise that leads mundane people to believe that anyone can develop psychic perception and energetic healing abilities. She pushes hundreds of suckers through her levels-based programs every year, when those people will never develop sight, nor will they have any real major impact on the wellness of others. It's something you're born with.

That's an interesting perspective and one that isn't part of western societies generally taught message. If it's completely true then maybe the Hindu society was correct in organizing society into a caste system. I'll be the first to acknowledge that we're all born with our proclivities and we naturally gravitate towards some paths over others, I'm less inclined to accept that someone less predisposed cannot develop certain abilities irrespective of effort. It has far-reaching implications on my worldview and I'm reluctant to believe it.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with the thoughts about the parasitical nature of the biological playpen I'm not sure about the selfless vs selfish concept in relation to this dynamic.. I don't think that has much to do with it and is more just a human projection of what we 'wish to be' values. It's nice to think there's this karma dynamic going on but do we really think something is keeping tally? And for what purpose? It presumes that there's some kind of soul growth or another concept.. all part of a concept structure.. which when you look at it critically is based on a lot of assumptions, usually justified with reference to ancient or oriental thinking or the like.

I think it's us that keeps tally. Send out negative vibes and you usually get negativity back.

What I meant by the whole selfless/selfish thing was in regards to our interactions with our surroundings. You get more positive interactions when you work through others, helping them accomplish their goals while helping yourself, than you do stepping over anybody you perceive to be in your way and imposing your will on others. That's pretty obvious.

Obviously those interactions are remembered. Whether it's in our minds or on a level thats beyond our scope of consciousness is another story but all interactions are remembered in one way or another. Especially if it's true that energy isn't created or destroyed. We're always giving and taking energy.

What I mean by karma is the same process that tells me that in this current system I'm a human male living on a planet I know as earth. Human evolution was the process of us accumulating energy and molding it into a single form made of trillions of cells. If our ancestors and us never ate meat, i'm sure we would have developed differently. And think of all the animals we've wiped out so we could live. For better or worse those interactions have repercussions. They've shaped us and the world around us.

It's not about assumptions or any religions, its causality. Cause and effect. Seems pretty obvious.

And I agree that we're being 'harvested'. Not in a bad way but symbiotically. We get the energy we need for life in return for our perspectives. So in a way we're the harvesters and the harvested. Were essentially all the same energy popping into this existence and all viewing the world through our individual perspectives. Those perspectives are dictated by our past interactions aka karma.

IMO, it's all about intention, and not action. Intentions that, can teach a person a worthwhile lesson, are sometimes worth it, even if it means that you wouldn't be sparing them any suffering (that they haven't already placed upon themselves). That's not to say that it is okay to aim negativity toward unworthy individuals. However, positive vs negative energy, its something within all of us, and somehting we must all deal with/learn to channel. And sometimes the most worthwhile lessons are those which we teach ourselves, inadvertedely, through sending negativity out there and getting negativity back, in order to show ourselves who we truely are. The road less traveled, etc.

I definitely agree that its more about the intention than the action. But the intention dictates the action, so in a way they're just different sides to the same coin.

I think that most of the time we're not even aware of our own true intentions. If I had to put a label on the 'purpose of life' that would be it. To experimentally experience if our actions and intentions sync up. When they don't, that creates an imbalance. A fluctuation where one doesn't necessarily exist which could hypothetically give rise to the hollow universe we inhabit.

That fluctuation could be our minds, in a sense, being torn between two concepts or ideas. We may start off with one intention in mind but the act of carrying that intention out could cause us to see things differently. So life would branch out to illuminate any inconsistencies in our minds in a seemingly unending quest to unite our thoughts and feelings.

Almost like the emotional vs rational brain concept. The truth lies in our feelings or intentions. Our actions are secondary and often based in fear. When we 'second guess' something its usually because we let doubt creep in. Hence our minds bounce between extremes.

Chakras may just be like a strip of film recording those fluctuations and interactions in the form of light. That's why we view the world based on our past. Because chakras are the measurement/recordings of our past interactions/karma. So chakras are our individual blueprints that we use to dictate our future interactions based on past decisions.

Not sure if some of this relates. I have been aware of my 'vampirism' for some time and have learned to control the majority of my feeding. I no longer feed subconsciously on peoples' chakras as much, though I must say it's hard to avoid doing at times if I don't sustain a level of complete and utter concentration. Honestly, this psychic feeding thing is starting to wear on me more than anything, these days, so I'm glad you made this thread, Levels... My knowledge of Tai Chi and Qi Gong helps me to sustain most of my so called needs, but I've found I need to produce what some call a mental shield at times in order to - not only keep others from feeding off me but to - not feed on others subconsciously. Whether chi or prana is real to those reading this or not, it is very real to me and not just because I see it but because I literally deal with it all the time that I'm awake and most of the time that I'm dreaming and it stresses the hell out of me.

Anyway, thought I'd throw this in there and it could even become a thread of its own at some time perhaps. I'm sure many here might know the story of the arc of the covenant... how the traveling nomads took but a grain of what I think was called 'mana' from this arc once a day and survived only on that. Kind of jumped the gun on this one when I thought of it, but in theory - if the story of the arc of the covenant were true - this could mean that 'mana' could be duplicated to such a degree that everyone on the planet could be sustained and nourished by that alone. But it's only a theory.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing IB, I appreciate you honesty. It definitely relates to this thread. Part of me wonders when you say you are aware of a tendency towards vampirism if you feel this is beyond the realm of subconscious behaviors that are depleting towards others. I think it's rare for a human to be completely free of such behaviors and I thinks it's great you've learned ways of sustaining a higher personal energy (like tai chi and Qi gong) without resorting to parasitic behavior.

A term like vampire evokes (at least in my mind) a sort of next level parasitism where one is conscious of the act of feeding and the nature of the interaction. Not trying to put you on the spot, but do you feel like you are outside the norm in this respect? Does feeding entail conscious behaviors that knowingly deplete others and nourish you?

Outside the norm? I suppose, in a way, but I have to admit I may have misrepresented myself because sometimes - perhaps out of anger - my feeding does become conscious. Honestly, all I really know about energy vampires is from what I've read in books. I have met very few who claim to be such. Others might just not acknowledge it because they don't know how. Things like energy, I guess, have to be explained in an almost perfectly personalized language. Being aware of feeding is only really recognition of the fact that the sword in my hand is double-edged. When it comes to conscious feeding, it's really quite a complex subject the way it's all put together in my mind. Hopefully one day I can simplify it even if just for myself. haha. I will say though that when my feeding becomes conscious, it's usually out of anger. Anger over peoples' actions and sometimes words. This is where it gets tricky: even then, when that anger rises, it seems the feeding isn't totally within my control. So what I'm learning is essentially control of the control... I generally try to give people the benefit of the doubt and will not feed on strangers. Most of what I do do is kinda like rearranging energies to make them flow better. I find it's probably more appropriate, however, most times to just put up my mental shield so that others can feed off that if they need to and so that my energies remain encased within the shield - assuring that I'm not interacting with theirs.

Your increased awareness of energy compared to most people probably makes these behaviors stand out more. most people aren't aware enough to even know they are doing it or they explain it away when they get insight into it, so yeah, it's a good awareness to have since you also want to upgrade your behaviors. I think it's great you have that level of self honesty.

Mental shielding should help with that as far as I've learned so yeah, sounds like you're doing the right things. What's your technique if you don't mind sharing? I occasionally practice some shielding myself, but not daily at all. This kind of stuff is pretty new to me. Here's the technique I've gravitated towards for whatever reason.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhuLXYLhz-c[/video]

That's an interesting perspective and one that isn't part of western societies generally taught message. If it's completely true then maybe the Hindu society was correct in organizing society into a caste system. I'll be the first to acknowledge that we're all born with our proclivities and we naturally gravitate towards some paths over others, I'm less inclined to accept that someone less predisposed cannot develop certain abilities irrespective of effort. It has far-reaching implications on my worldview and I'm reluctant to believe it.

It takes many lifetimes to develop certain talents which we coin "natural talent". So yes, if you want to develop psychic ability you have to start somewhere... but thinking you're going to achieve Brennan's level in this lifetime if you don't have natural talent is a bit foolhardy. People who claim to see things but actually don't are a dime a dozen and many of them are making a lot of money off of people who come to see them for "healing". It's not only unethical but it can also be harmful. People taking Brennan's workshops think that after a year of study they are ready to go out and do deep level manipulations of people's energy bodies because they now have a strong "divine connection".

It has nothing to do with the caste system. Anyone can exercise compassion, help others, and do healing work... but there are many different kinds of healing work. If you're not a psychic you shouldn't be doing psychic healing work. Maybe you should be an herbalist instead or a massage therapist, I dunno. A lot of these "healers" don't want to put in the long-term investment to learn a real modality, so they take weekend courses in woo woo and tell themselves they're ready to help humanity. Their heart is in the right place but they are sadly deluded.

Sorry to break it to you but it's not a belief. If you're not born with some latent psychic ability, you will likely never be psychic. You can experience the third eye in a general way but the highly developed third eye siddhis that real psychics have are in-born, and frankly quite rare. Even among those people, it takes specific intention to embody those siddhis in this lifetime and develop it in such a way that they don't go crazy or get thrown off their life path.

People who want special powers don't know what they're asking for and they're usually mundane people who are on some kind of ego trip.

Your increased awareness of energy compared to most people probably makes these behaviors stand out more. most people aren't aware enough to even know they are doing it or they explain it away when they get insight into it, so yeah, it's a good awareness to have since you also want to upgrade your behaviors. I think it's great you have that level of self honesty.

Mental shielding should help with that as far as I've learned so yeah, sounds like you're doing the right things. What's your technique if you don't mind sharing? I occasionally practice some shielding myself, but not daily at all. This kind of stuff is pretty new to me. Here's the technique I've gravitated towards for whatever reason.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhuLXYLhz-c[/video]
That's an amazing find/video! Thanks for sharing!

My mentor taught me a technique many years ago and the message she gave seemed rather cryptic at first. "Just focus on your mental shield right now and the rest of your abilities will come after."

She described it as imagining a white light coming from your spine and surrounding or covering your entire body [slowly and gradually]. It took me many years to become an expert at it because of some roadblocks along the way. There are some tricky parts... like knowing if and when you're entire body is covered. She, back then, tried to tell me that my back and neck were not covered on one occasion and I guess I just didn't take her seriously or had some skepticism. Over time I discovered that there are many types or forms of this mental shield. After mastering the ability to cover my entire body in that stretched out white light I noticed my energy increasing dramatically, as well as my health improving. After some more practice I found that I could make a thicker shield but also found that I could not sustain it quite as long. It's curious, but what I've been told are 'in body hallucinations', that I would prefer to think of as domestic and foreign energies, would simply bounce off of me or get absorbed into my shield. It's a comforting feeling when the energies don't pervade and rape my spirit and rather just sort of dissipate like salt dissolving in water.

I suppose it's a complaint I have as well with the healing circuit Foreigner. There are very few really good ones and its not cool to waste peoples time and money with false promises. I can't comment exactly on the merits of her school or not, but there was a really dear lady to me, a family friend, that was a hands on healer. She worked with our whole family. She was a medical doctor, did standard gastroenterology 4 days a week and on Mondays she did hands on healing. She was a student of the Barabara Brenanan's school of healing. I don't know much about the school to be honest, and if it pumps out lots of disillusioned healers, but I really liked her, she was very compassionate and energy would move when she worked on you. Your belly would start gurgling and all that. I think she new it wasn't enough to cure most diseases and she stuck to medicine. She was a good listener and honestly she found a really good way to develop her abilities in this lifetime. One of the first spiritual books I read was Barabara Brennan's Hands of Light book as a teenager. Didn't get much out of it to be honest, cause of that voice in my head that spoke loudly saying I need proof. You said it yourself though, it takes many life times to develop these powers. Gotta start somewhere right. People can accomplish a lot in a lifetime these days. I suppose if there was a defensive edge in my post that's why. I don't disagree with you really.

Last edited by a moderator: