• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CCXV -- 2C-B And A Mine Field Of Fuckery...

So, I put some money on my electricity key, and this time I remembered actually to put the key in the meter to transfer the money to it instead of hanging it straight up on the hook like a dizzy tart who deserves to have the power go off on her, and I was scrolling through all the different display modes, as you do, and I noticed the price I am paying per kilowatt-hour is 13.76p. Now, the total energy in about 40 or 50 alkaline "D" size flashlight batteries is about a kilowatt-hour. (Duracell claim a rating of18Ah at 1.5V, which works out at 18 * 1.5 = 27Wh., for a D cell; Panasonic claim 15 Ah at 1.5V, giving 22.5Wh per cell -- for around half the price.) A pound in the meter buys 7.26744186 kWh.

Meaning, electricity from the mains works out at the equivalent of about 300 "D" size batteries for a pound.

NiMH rechargeable batteries only have about 1/4 of the capacity of equivalent-sized alkaline disposable ones, so 1200 full charge cycles is equivalent to 300 alkaline batteries. Even assuming a combined efficiency of just 33% for the charging and discharging processes together (which is a pessimistic estimate), that's 400 full charges from £1 worth of mains electricity, equivalent to 100 alkaline cells. That's one penny each. One. Penny. Each.

You think your energy companies are ripping you off for electricity, but it's still small change compared to what the battery companies are charging.

the price I am paying per kilowatt-hour is 13.76p

You think your energy companies are ripping you off for electricity

I think you're getting a fucking bargain Julie! I pay 17.66p/kwh and it was the second cheapest I could find on uSwitch.

One year, for an April Fool's Day prank.

Amiga computer with a dot matrix printer and a scanner that had to be slid by hand over the document in one smooth motion;

I love your ingenuity. I also remember those scanners and Amigas. I'm still only 21 mind.

Trying to decide which Eurovision song I'll vote for this year. I did have an essay to write, but this seems more important right now.

No takers for a rent to buy plan on FUBAR? 24 Mths interest free. No returns.

Does this FUBAR write essays? That would be critical at this stage

Hmm. Does he require lube, or is he all-inclusive?

ello ello

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hmm. Does he require lube, or is he all-inclusive?

Heh, talking of lube, I had a proper Finbarr Saunders moment when I was cutting my hedges at the weekend. My shears were seizing up, so I stopped to apply some WD-40. Right on cue, the boss came out: "what are you doing? Why have you stopped working?". I replied: "I'm just oiling my tool dear, you should know by now it needs a lot of lubrication." Then I noticed the next door neighbour sitting in earshot the other side of the fence...

Well its fucking cold here. I could well stay in bed all day. Might have a hit on a joint. Might not.

Cause i dont smoke much anymore and the weed and hash i have is fucking strong. But i am rolling a joint now.