Welcome How Are You in One Word vs wait! Just one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost 1pm, and i could use another cup of coffee.

I feel Bleh

Caffeinated (but still unmtivated). D's, c'mon over and I'll make you a cup, fair trade organic dark roast.=D

Alone
I have bad anxiety, so even if i did call someone I would probably just act weird and uncomfortable.
Damed if I do , damed if I don't .

If you have someone to call, you should do it. It'll make you feel better, why would it be uncomfortable?

I ment call someone to hang out with . I didn't think of just to chat , probably because I never have a clue what to talk about and when I force myself to think of things it just gets awkward. Lol . I definitely don't want someone to offer to hang out and then give them a shitty excuse why I can't...

I ment call someone to hang out with . I didn't think of just to chat , probably because I never have a clue what to talk about and when I force myself to think of things it just gets awkward. Lol . I definitely don't want someone to offer to hang out and then give them a shitty excuse why I can't...

Sometimes the best strategy is to be honest about your own discomfort. I once have called someone just to say I was alone and that I had nothing else to say, I sort of needed help. I'm at loss of words or thoughts. It can happen that the other person finds something to say, or maybe doesn't feel as uncomfortable as you are now. The call being short and odd would not be that bad.

Hope things get better for you!

Last edited:
Im feeling tired this morning, had some bizarre dreams the other night.
Waking up listening to stone temple pilots did help. Now just trying to get down that 1st cup of coffee.

Payday today:)

Here is the new ONE WORD for today thread. The old one had reached over 1K posts and can be found in the TDS archives Here.

Remember, the object of this thread is to narrow it down to only one word; feel free to put a short explanation in if you feel its necessary but try to put the one word in bold or the explanation in parentheses so that we can clearly see the one word you chose. It can be a playful but empowering way to simply turn inward and reflect on what you are feeling, or how you are feeling. Awareness of feelings is a good way to be present, which in turn is a good way to reduce anxiety. (This may seem counter-intuitive when, for instance, the one feeling that stands out is anxiety! But the truth is that many of us operate under an unexamined cloud of anxiety without ever turning to face and question it. ("Why do I feel afraid? Are my fears rational right now? Would all the circumstances of my life remain the same even if I did not feel fear right now?")

So, to get the ball rolling here is my one word: SORE

(I fell on my butt yesterday and today I think I may have fractured my tailbone. Which hurts more, my bottom or my ego:\?)

Poestoe. Translated it doesn't have the same effect. It is literally cunt-offed.

Poestoe? I no not what that means
So if you try to translate poestoe , the effect of it is then cunt-offed.?
Or is cunt-offed the translation? Explain literally cunt-offed :)

Not sure of the feeling I am feeling, just get that feeling of when I do something right I have someone come up to me and tells me to do it better,or faster next time.
Not sure how to take it, they seem like they are saying it from the heart,then again I get a feeling that they are upset that I'm doing it better then they are.

They are probably just irritated with themselves, because someone else is doing a better job . You .
Some people are control freaks, always gotta have the last word. It's got nothing to do with YOU though . They are the ones with the problem. Just ignore it. They will learn....

People at work usually like when new employees come in, after all, someone will no longer be the newest or latest one contracted. They know you are trying to adapt. So it's a subtle form of showing power or who they are. There will always be someone who will feel intimidated by you, although they would never show it.

Ignore the bad feelings and do things enthusiastically. Be polite, helpful. They are paying you to do a good job and being humble sometimes helps a lot. There should always be someone eager to teach you as others may take the advantage to give small tasks - it's all part of the game. Don't take it too seriously. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the input yompf & erikman, the person that i felt that way towards works at another treatment center,and has never worked with me ever! I was actually giving him and his group of people a tour at the treatment center I work at, and now that yal mention that what right does he have! Him trying to give the tour of which he knows nothing about..and telling me what i should do or say next time.
Yea,sure the tour lasted an hour, I wanted to give mainly the guys he was with the tour,because them coming from an 'all inclusive treatment center where chefs cook their meal, to a treatment center where 'you' have to prepare the meals!
Anyways glad I saw that I wasn't doing anything wrong,and helped those souls.

I am hot as hell! The heat index here where i'm at is 105 degrees,so its hot!
I am omw to wallyworld to..who knows, get some body wash? Not sure, i really just like getting out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.