• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning in our application for rent at an apartment today. Anxious but I think we should be approved. They may ask more deposit but we'll have it covered. I could potentially be out from under my parents' thumbs in 10 days.

Mrs. Gravy and I are going out for a fancy Italian dinner in a bit too. Little does she know I have a surprise question to ask after. And a gift of my affection to express it. After almost 8 years, I say it's time we took the next step in our relationship. I love this woman more than I've ever loved anything or anyone else in my entire life.

I'll keep you peeps posted.

Oh wow, the thought of marriage scares me a bit to be honest, but I'm incorrigibly immature :p
Best of luck, and I wish you both a bright and happy future !!

Is that you on the picture, Pharmakos ?Nice to meet you !
I liked the song, the first acoustic bit kind of reminded me of Nocturnal Poisoning (Love the song I linked btw). I can definitely hear some neurosis in the riffing of the distorted part :p.

I also liked your version of book of saturday ! That's a pretty cool choice for a "cover" !

Last edited:
Quite like the stuff Xasthur evolved into.

Oh wow, the thought of marriage scares me a bit to be honest, but I'm incorrigibly immature :p
Best of luck, and I wish you both a bright and happy future !!

Is that you on the picture, Pharmakos ?Nice to meet you !
I liked the song, the first acoustic bit kind of reminded me of Nocturnal Poisoning (Love the song I linked btw). I can definitely hear some neurosis in the riffing of the distorted part :p.

I also liked your version of book of saturday ! That's a pretty cool choice for a "cover" !

Yeah, and my name in the url lol, was too lazy to do anything other than link the account to my Facebook. Not that my identity is worth stealing, I don't mind putting it out there. That picture was a weird phase tho -- I almost always have a beard, except right now with my chemo-assisted bald look.

I definitely hear why you got Nocturnal Poisoning vibes from that piece. They use lots of open ringing strings with a moving "bass" line played on the guitar too.

Thanks for the feedback. It's not often that I feel like sharing, so I appreciate it.

Really enjoyed the shared track and now this book of saturday one, man. You've definitely got good tone there.

She said yes <3 I knew she would, but my heart still fluttered like it was the first time we kissed.

I feel like I talk an awful lot about myself sometimes. I'm going to try and moderate that more.

Aaawww maannnn, so happy for you, Cream Gravy !!
Must be an awesome feeling to have your love reaffirmed like that

Damn I am bored and depressed. For some reason, I always get like this a few days before travelling...

Should get some lunch, then obtain sone stuff I need for the trip and then probably slackline?

something like -
"this is intense!"
"in....tense"
"in tents!"

hahaha. nothing quite comes close to being genuinely tickled by something funny when you're tripping out of your mind.

There's a group of regulars at my favorite music festival/camping spot with a tie dyed banner reading:

INTENSE
INTENTS
IN TENTS

Man I need some quality live music. Primus and Clutch play in Pittsburgh next Sunday but I have to be in Columbus by 9am Monday and can't drive myself. Clutch is easily one of my top 3 bands so kinda bummed about that.

Congrats @Gravy, You better treat her right or else..:!

haha awesome day yesterday. Making some bomb breakfast, then going to the amusement park in a couple hours. Just smoking on those beautiful flowers and gonna drop 150ug.
Continue the human experience for another day, fuck yeah lets do it!

Annnnnddd, now I wait two days to hear back about our rental application... Everything is so nerve wracking in adulthood. Job hunting and apartment hunting are so similar to dating. Except I somehow get rejected more by employers than girls, which really boggles my mind as women are historically disinterested in me... maybe the right job will come along someday. After all, the right girl did <3

There's a group of regulars at my favorite music festival/camping spot with a tie dyed banner reading:

INTENSE
INTENTS
IN TENTS
Hahahah! There was this tent/canopy rental business (catered to the university for football events and the like) by where I lived in college. We lived on campus year one and would always hot box my buddies Honda Element behind it. It was called 'Intents'... bahahaha!

"So in tents man!"

Last edited:
Cuz it's in tents... duh...

spacejunk said:
playing without using effects became almost a source of pride after a while, but i'm not against them. i just found that dropping them gave me a lot of interesting room to play around, because i am a pretty experimental guitarist at times, but i don't need to use effects to get wild sounds out of my guitar - i find overdriven, overheated vavevs and controlled feedback give me a heap of aural textures to work with - and pedals can only complicate things, or be a distract.
i really love the sounds i can get out of that amp/guitar combo, and got to really know how to do interesting stuff with feedback and resonance.

Yeah I didn't even consider effects until relatively recently... I came up playing acoustic piano and acoustic drums. Lately though I've realized the awesome things you can do with effects. I actually have an octaver pedal, well my guitar player is loaning it to me indefinitely which is basically the same thing as I have no plans to not play with him in the future. I want to use it for my Moog, because the one thing about that instrument is you can't play multiple notes at once. Well you sorta can with the frequency knob, it can down to a 4th or up to a 5th plus the root, but the octaver pedal can do any note up to I think 2 octaves up or down, plus apply effects to it. Pretty excited to start trying it. :) We have 4 of 5 songs done, final versions, for our EP. Finished the 3rd and 4th tonight. Gotta get the 5th, then we'll put it together, get it printed, and move on to new stuff. :)

also - good luck with the phenibut kick. it sounds kinda rough.

It's really almost nothing cared to opiates, it just throws me for a loop from time to time.. Thanks man. <3

Well, the camping trip with my girl's mom went great. :) I ended up microdosing, and it actually put me at ease, it was great. Not enough to trip but enough to make me feel really sharp and on my game. It was a little awkward at first but today we talked about a lot of things.. she even confided in me privately about her life. I don't know why I was so nervous, I guess I just got so used to phenibut helping me deal with social anxiety. But this helps me see that it's all in me anyway, it's about self-confidence. :) It's been a good weekend so far, I'm hoping tomorrow I can go river hiking with my friend. I just camped in the same spot for 2 days, but they don't like to climb boulder and shit. :p :)

pharmakos said:
One time during my heavy delay use days, I was again tripping on 2C-P while playing by myself, dreaming of my aspirations to become a well respected musician someday, and I thought of a really lame joke that at the time got me laughing so hard I had to put the guitar down for a bit. "I don't care how long it takes, I'm going to have the greatest delay ever."

Get it, because if it takes a long time then the word delay has two meanings. :p Most of the time it takes people a moment or three to understand the joke. I tell them the delay before getting it is part of the meta of the joke, but it's really just a bad joke. :). Still tickles my funny bone to this day, tho.

=D I like meta-jokes.

pharmakos said:
Do all my edits before the timer for the edit line is up show up in moderator view? Sorry if so.

No, I'm sure it's possible to see them somewhere, maybe at an admin level (I wouldn't know I would just imagine) but I consider the 5 minutes sacrosanct anyway. Can't tell you how many times I edit posts in the first 5 minutes.

pharmakos said:
In a sharing mood today, decided to record this work in progress composition I haven't set to tape yet... I'm not sure where I want to go with the piece from here, but it certainly feels to me like it should end up being more of an epic than it's current three minute length.

https://soundcloud.com/charles-hundersmarck/winters-resolve

Awesome dude, thanks for sharing. That kind of feel is right up my alley. We always end up primarily minor. Just love minor, it's so powerful. I love the partial chromatic descent that starts around a minute. Nice to see a face too. :)

Creamy said:
Oh wow man, congrats! :) <3 Yeah I got married once and it sucked, but that was down to the individual I chose. From everything I've heard, your girl sounds like a real keeper. So fuck yeah man!!

My girl and I have talked about marriage but we both aren;t really interested. However that's about where we're at. Beautiful to have someone you are just happy to be with and who brings you a lot of joy. :)

Vediog said:
Man I need some quality live music. Primus and Clutch play in Pittsburgh next Sunday but I have to be in Columbus by 9am Monday and can't drive myself. Clutch is easily one of my top 3 bands so kinda bummed about that.

I missed my chance to see Primus recently, but my friends went and can't recommend it enough. Primus is one of those bands man, been around forever and they've been amazing the whole time. Fucking Les Claypool...

In tents huh? That explains why direct sunlight doesnt bother me anymore. Itll be 95 degrees, humid, body AC on overdrive but it doesnt bother me. I used to be like fuck its too hot. Now im just like oh look im sweating it must be really hot.

Were not talking about being in tents are we..

No it was a reference to an earlier post about how it's funny that "in tents" and "intense" sounds the same. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.