• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery My journey starts today (hydromorphone)

I'm sitting up watching old intervention episodes. Love this Google box!

Well taking a couple percs allowed me to sleep 2.5 hours. I woke up in the most violent twitches. Get.. Oh well I guess I'll be thankful for the small bit of sleep and carry on.

Still fighting! I hope the percs didn't set me to far back. I sure don't feel like they did. I guess my dose converted to oxy would have been around 250mg a day so 10mg shouldn't kill it?

I've come to an indistinguishable answer to dealin' w/ ANY and ALL DRUG WITHDRAWALS(shy of ones causing psychosis, ie; xanax). Being around children who like to play with you. If you can walk away from a childs desired attention to go get high. WELL HEH ADDICTION AIN'T WHATS TROUBLIN YOU ITS SOCIOPATHY

Still fighting! I hope the percs didn't set me to far back. I sure don't feel like they did. I guess my dose converted to oxy would have been around 250mg a day so 10mg shouldn't kill it?

Don't sweat it bro, I think the sleep would have helped more than that small amount would have hurt.

What other comfort meds have you got on hand? High dose Lopermide, Clonidine, benzos and weed are what I used to get some sleep here and there in the first 5 days.

Hope your wife was supportive haha. I remember on my last detox ending up a one minute man for a good week or so, apparently it's really common.

Bro... More like ten seconds. I've been so fucking high forever that my sex drive was gone. Bj are great but man does it burn when I pee. Is that common?

I have kratom and xanax and klonapin. Should I try some imodium? The kratom has me pretty backed up.

I don't get pain when peeing but I have to piss constantly. Which contributes to getting little/no sleep.

I've had no experience with Kratom, it's banned in Australia sadly. In theory it should be working in a similar way. The idea behind high dose immodium (20mg+) is that it helps with the more physical side effects beyond the gastro intestinal stuff. But you have to handle yourself with all this stuff (benzos, kratom, even immodium.). They can all lead to nasty dependencies of their own.

Try and get some Clonidine! That stuff has been great for me. Really helps in getting some sleep, and with the chills etc.

Oh don't I know brother. I've got a clonazepam dependency as well. I hate the xanax so they're more just they're for panic if need be. I'm hoping to start tapering off the kratom by around day 7. I'm just going into day three....

Fuck yeah boy day 3. You're doing it! Not gonna get much worse than today hopefully.

Just to clarify mate, Clonidine is a blood pressure medication often prescribed off label for WDs. I dunno if you're able to drag yourself to a doctor at this point anyway. Keep going mate- You're almost over the hump.

I've never detoxed off hydromorphone (just heroin). But my experience is that while every detox is unique, 72 hours almost always brings me relief. I hope you find that that's true for you too.

Stay strong, man.
Sim

Six -

you are rocking it! I know it doesn't feel like it - but you are!! when I read that your equivalent of hydromorphone is...like 250 mgs of oxy...I just about fell off my chair. Don't worry about taking the ten mgs of oxy, that won't set you back much (if any), and your body needs the sleep.

were you able to try the Lyrica? I've heard it can be a godsend.

Hang in there, six. I was were you are at a short three months ago. I know how bad it sucks and that only time will heal this. Keep on keeping on and you will get there.

- VE

Thanks so much guys. I'm really trying to cut back on the benzos. Man I'm a blubbering mess. But God is music good.

I want able to get the lyrica,i just said to help with it... Let's ride.

Hydromorphone I find had much more punch them heroine, but not as long lasting

Well another sunrise! Last night was rough. The lack of sleep is getting to me. The kratom only helps so much. I'm twitching all over the place. Still watching seasons of intervention... How is everyone else holding up?

This is staying to wear me down. I just took 12mg lope. Hoping for some comfort