• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery My journey starts today (hydromorphone)

Stay strong bro. I'm in Australia so our timezones are poss. reversed I'm glad you're still keen. You're almost through the worst of it. Hope the lope brings you some relief. If not try upping your dose. People often take a acid reducer like tagamet or zantac beforehand too.

http://www.howtoquitheroin.com/how-to-quit-heroin-cold-turkey.html

That page has some good info on it. I'm going good - day 10 and I'm about to start 6 days of work, but I'm confident.

Thanks brother!

You're killing it! Keep it up. Man I'm really afraid that when I jump off the kratom the withdrawals will get even worse.....

VE,

Would you elaborating on your kratom experience for me? Maybe lessen or peak my concerns?

Six I don't know much about pharm opiods in all honesty. Or Kratom. All I can say is just focus on getting through the day. Worrying about what may or may not happen tomorrow regarding your symptoms is just gonna be more stress when you've got enough on your plate. I couldn't imagine they'd be worse than coming of a stronger opiate. A lot of people go the route of switching to a lesser evil something like kratom and then then tapering off that specifically because the WDs should be less harsh. I hope someone with more knowledge than I chimes in.

How are you feeling anyway? Have your symptoms started to plateau at all?

Thanked bro,

In a week attempt last night, in a panic I contacted my dealer.... Well thank God my wife had my phone when there response came in. Looks like I'll be off to rehab shortly. Fucking addiction. I hate being a list because of drugs.

I'm feeling slightly better, the rls is still awful as the kratom wears off.

Thanked bro,

In a week attempt last night, in a panic I contacted my dealer.... Well thank God my wife had my phone when there response came in. Looks like I'll be off to rehab shortly. Fucking addiction. I hate being a list because of drugs.

I'm feeling slightly better, the rls is still awful as the kratom wears off.

Is the trip to rehab due to your wife's intercepting the call? How do you feel about it?

I'm really not sure to be honest, this is really the fight off my life. I lost the girl I was with my whole life just a few months after we split to an od on hydromorphone. This was just a few months ago and I'm pretty fucked up over losing a best friend. I definitely need concealing. . I'm just taking it minute but minute.

I don't believe I would have picked up, it was more the piece of mind that if I can't do it I know it's there. And I asked her for methadone, to try A four day taper. But of course she came back with how many reds you want..

Small glimpses of light are breaking through. Please good let this be over soon

Lack of sleep and body jerks are getting the best of me. I think I should have tapered. Oh well, day five is coming up.

I don't reneger the flailing limbs being so bad with prior kicks.. What gives?

For me, every detox is unique, in terms of how long each symptom lasts, and how strong various symptoms are. But, man, you're doing the hard work right now. And you're doing it really well...day 5!!! That fucking rules.

Keep fighting. You got this.
Sim

Btw guys, I fully intend on opening up and sharing a lot with you guys. When I don't feel so rough. I'm reading through simco story and I finds it to be of help. I've got some neat stuff to share....

Still hanging..... I'm so fortunate my wife intercepted my relapse the other night. I still feel like shit but I'm enjoying sitting up in the middle of the night reading everyone's stories. You guys are just awesome. I find I read and cry, read and cry.. FEELING is such a strange sense to me.

For some reasons there middle of the night is my comfy time. I'm still having panick attacks during the day. I hate this xanax crap. Three four hours and it wears off.

Kratom has been a god send.....

Day 7 tomorrow.. I've been take a tea spoon of red Bali every 5 or so hours. Should I just jump off the kratom tomorrow and ride it out?

Hey! Just wanted to say thinking of you. Today is day one for me with nothing. I'm coming off suboxone, methadone and trams that I have been all using in the last 6 months with a 4 day herion binge in there that happened 2 weeks ago that made m realize this has gone too far. Time to get my head on straight. I also will be using kratom. White md. I have a crap ton. Hoping it will help. So nervous.

Btw guys, I fully intend on opening up and sharing a lot with you guys. When I don't feel so rough. I'm reading through simco story and I finds it to be of help. I've got some neat stuff to share....

Can't wait to read your stuff. But no rush. Just take care of yourself for now! Btw, you're impressing the hell outta me, man.

Erin, get yourself some red vein kratom. The white and green will work but I find that they increase anxiety. Please keep us posted, here or in your own post... I'm up 24/7 reading. If you need any help or support.

I used my scale to weigh my kratom, one been taking about 3.5g every 5 hours. I still feel sick but am able to keep everything down. I'm seeing small glimpses of light.

I phoned around today and am doing a rehab intake but it will take 3 months.. So I figured that when I'm called if I feel I need it I will go.. Until then I'm reaching out to therapy counseling and meetings..

Hang tough my friends

The only thing that relieves the twitching and flailing limbs is kratom. So I'm having a tough time dropping it.. Any suggestions guys. ??

Sixxam said:
Erin, get yourself some red vein kratom. The white and green will work but I find that they increase anxiety.

Erin, that's exactly what I thought when I read that you had the white strain of Kratom. Unless, of course, you picked it specifically for its energizing effects or are planning to use it to get through your work day - I would highly recommend the red strains during the acute wd phase. Bali and Red worked best for me.

Six, it's good that you are measuring your Kratom dose and know exactly how much you are taking. If you can, I would do a quick taper over the next few days. Maybe go down to 2.5 tomorrow, then 2, 1, .5, 0 - that's just a suggestion. I think, you could jump off now at the 3.5 and be ok, but unless you are in a hurry, why not taper a bit first? How are you feeling physically today compared to days 1-4? I know day 7 feels like shit, but is it better than 1-4?

You are doing so freaking awesome. I read sober living 24/7 for almost two weeks!! You said something about watching intervention and I totally did that when I had exhausted all the new threads/posts on here. I have been exactly where you are at! Keep reading and keep fighting for every day. You are so close to getting to the point where you get at least periods of relief...I can't wait to log on one morning and see that you actually felt "ok" waking up. It's coming!

- VE