• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rolling right now, sort of.....valium 11 hours earlier ruining it?

Pallyress

Bluelighter
I got really sick this week from PTSD, so I decided to stop the PTSD activation with molly, like tons of time before.

10 hours before I rolled I took 1.2 mg valium. Long halflife, I know, but I just had to numb it.

so, 10 hours later:
130 mg mdma + adhd meds as usual (I get speedy without meds, head gets all fussy, I cant sit still. Tried without, not for me, not with my adhd. my meds makes me calm and able to relax. ) I take Vyvanse, redose a small amount.
I also drink smoothie (meal replacement, use them when my ptsd stops me from eating, and I also need dopamine so the drugs can work, right? Body makes neurotransmitters from food)
1 hour mark: so far I've only had diahrea, but I feel calm. Cat is more affectionate than usual, she loves me rolling. She came about 10 mins before I noticed anything, she lies next to me, soon sleeping.
1:15 mark: I decide to redose with 20 mg.
1:30 mark: I redose with 20 mg.
2 hours in: I've smiled 4 times. No euphoria, but I'm relaxed. I need to cry, but I need euphoria before I can do it, it is just this very hard brick of pain inside me, and I cannot go there yet, it's too painful.

I'm a poor metabolizer, so don't be fooled by the small doses. I usually take mdma every 2-3 months, with my adhd meds, and get euphoric on 125-130 mg, then redose with 60 after 4 hours.

I suppose it's the valium. I'm not starved out, I've eaten enough. I'll have some more smoothie now, that will be 500 kcal all togheter.

I'm betting it's the valium. I hate that shit, makes me dull, but I didn't have mdma then, and I was so tired and in emotional pain, I needed a break.

I'm a bit warm, and tired. I hope mdma has worked enough to turn off my ptsd activation, but i'm not sure. Cats behaviour suggest it has. But I also need to cry, and I cant do that without euphoria. I just feel warm and tired and ok.

ps. yes, a lot of here is oposite of what you can expect. when PTSD has ruled my life for a while, mdma makes me able to eat, sleep and cry. Love it. I use mdma to reduce ptsd symptoms, I've even eaten during the start of the first wave. smoothis, that is. :)

I'm worried to redose yet, because I'm worried the valium is kind of blocking it, but can suddenly "back down", so the mdma sends me over the moon. I don't want to go over the moon, just a little euphoria pls.

it's now 2:30 hour mark.

admd meds wil give me more dopamine, but i'm calm now, i don't suffer from adhd symptoms. just lack of mdma symptoms. fuck you, valium!

I'm worried to redose yet, because I'm worried the valium is kind of blocking it, but can suddenly "back down", so the mdma sends me over the moon. I don't want to go over the moon, just a little euphoria pls.

it's now 2:30 hour mark.

admd meds wil give me more dopamine, but i'm calm now, i don't suffer from adhd symptoms. just lack of mdma symptoms. fuck you, valium!

1.2 mg of valium isn't even a threshold dose (regardless of slow metabolizer) -- any effect is placebo and it certainly is not dampening your roll

how do you even measure 1.2 mg? The lowest dose tablet is 2 mg -- do you have a microgram capable scale??

1.2 mg of valium isn't even a threshold dose (regardless of slow metabolizer) -- any effect is placebo and it certainly is not dampening your roll

how do you even measure 1.2 mg? The lowest dose tablet is 2 mg -- do you have a microgram capable scale??

Yes. I have to divide medicine all the time. Being a slow metaboliser (P450) it is possible. Adhd meds enhances the effect of valium, as it is mainly the same s
cytochrome that is involved.

Should have written 1.25 mg, as it is 1/4 of a 5 mg tab.

What form is the MDMA in? It may not be as pure as you think it is.

Yes. I have to divide medicine all the time. Being a slow metaboliser (P450) it is possible. Adhd meds enhances the effect of valium, as it is mainly the same s
cytochrome that is involved.

Should have written 1.25 mg, as it is 1/4 of a 5 mg tab.

Slow metabolizer doesn't make more valium, just slows conversion to nor-diazepam.

1.25 mg is not having any active effect -- its placebo , sorry that's just the facts

and any CYP inhibition is minimal -- diazepam is metabolized by 7 different CYP enzymes any dose a doctor prescribed of ADHD meds will do almost zippy

What form is the MDMA in? It may not be as pure as you think it is.

It was very pure, I tested it. (MDMA purity test). After 5 mins it was dark brown. Darker than it needed to be for 5 star quality after a 5 min wait, it matched the color after a 10 or 15 min wait.

It's just less than 2 months since my last roll, so it could be that. Or it could be the Vyvanse. I've rolled about 10 times in a year, always 125-130 + redosing.

With Ritalin I could roll just fine, with vyvanse it seems like it takes off the top.

Anyways, I'm fine today. I feel sleepy and hungry and tired. PTSD activation is gone for now. =)

oh, I also use a very low dose mitrazepine, but didn't take any yesterday.

I've thought of another option of why I might not get euphoria from mdma.

I've almost only used it to work with trauma. I hate taking mdma alone, and I only take mdma when I cannot function anymore, when flashbacks are so intense that I cannot even make myself a sandwich, or get dressed. It happens after trauma gets very activated again.

I have felt euphoric on mdma, with vyvanse, on a moderate dose. I was with a friend to show her how it worked, she also got PTSD.

Perhaps part of me resists the high, because I really don't want to be able to feel the pain of the trauma. Without mdma I block it out, I get angry or have panic attacks, or start vomiting or shaking. Last time I got euphoric on mdma I knew I wasn't going to work on the trauma, I was only going to deactivate the ptsd activation.

I'm really not trying to troll the forum, even if that seems to be the reaction I get from some. I am freakishly sensitive to some drugs, particularly the ones being (partly) metabolized by CYP2D6. I have ODed on drugs, regular doses, administrated by health professionals in hospital. I'm a female, by body is tiny, I don't have a lot of muscles. It's difficult to find medications I can use due to my strong reactions to them.

Last edited:
Despite what others are telling you about the diazepam dosage being nothing more than placebo, I honestly believe that dosage can have effects, especially if you don't dose too often or have been in a period of weening off the benzo.
I also believe it's most likely the cause of the diminished effects, much like you presume.

I haven't taken valium or any other benzos in 10 months. Have taken a small dose of Oxazepam twice in that period, but that is a few months back now. All in all I have probably taken benzos on 10-20 occasions all my life. Thank you :)

I'm really not trying to troll the forum, even if that seems to be the reaction I get from some. I am freakishly sensitive to some drugs, particularly the ones being (partly) metabolized by CYP2D6.

Diazepam is primarily metabolized by CYP2C19 and CYP3A4

And you are confused regarding what poor metabolizer means -- with respect to your current situation

A poor metabolizer will not cause the effects to be more -- based on a single dose (which you said is the case for the valium)

The REASON there is a meme that poor metabolizers cause greater effects -- is due to ACCUMULATED MULTIPLE DOSES

Normal dosing is designed to keep a steady state of drug in the blood -- poor metabolizers don't clear the medicine as fast -- so each successive dose increases the circulating drug -- potentially becoming toxic

THIS DOES NOT, WILL NOT, and CANNOT happen from a single 1.2 mg dose of Valium.

A poor metabolizer will not cause the effects to be more -- based on a single dose (which you said is the case for the valium)

The REASON there is a meme that poor metabolizers cause greater effects -- is due to ACCUMULATED MULTIPLE DOSES

reality is always more complicated than theory. so it depends on what sort of drug we're talking about. if the drug has a high hepatic extraction ratio (like diazepam) then most of it is eaten up by the first pass effect before it even reaches the bloodstream, so being a poor metaboliser makes a huge difference even from a single dose here. the thing is that diazepam also exhibits high binding to albumin, and since bound diazepam cannot be metabolised by the liver we still get a high bioavailability and hugely long half life. so in this case you're right — even if all those active metabolites and the whole bunch of different cyps that act on diazepam complicate the picture even further...

reality is always more complicated than theory. so it depends on what sort of drug we're talking about. if the drug has a high hepatic extraction ratio (like diazepam) then most of it is eaten up by the first pass effect before it even reaches the bloodstream, so being a poor metaboliser makes a huge difference even from a single dose here. the thing is that diazepam also exhibits high binding to albumin, and since bound diazepam cannot be metabolised by the liver we still get a high bioavailability and hugely long half life. so in this case you're right — even if all those active metabolites and the whole bunch of different cyps that act on diazepam complicate the picture even further...

That's why I posted what I did, not to mention that that the main metabolite of diazepam (nor-diazepam) is an Rx drug all by itself (Nordaz) that is exactly as equivalent in effect as diazepam.

Poor metabolizers can actually decrease the effects of medication that is administered as a prodrug.

I'm using medications every day. The ADHD meds increases my sensitivity to other drugs.

Whenever I've started medication (Ritalin or Vyvanse) it is good for a while, and I used to follow the step-by-step plan to the doctor. However, a few weeks into the program I always experienced that I was on too high doses. Even when I tried to reduce the dose a bit the symptoms continued, and I had to keep reducing and reducing.

At the moment I seem to have found a dose that works for me, it is lower than the regular start-out dose.

So yes, I am aware of it. If I weren't on medication every day I'm sure I would need a higher dose of valium. shugenja is right about the metabolism, but wrong about the degree of my ignorance.

If something isn't made clear in my post, I would really appreciate being asked about things, rather than being accused of idiocy or being a liar. One should imagine a forum about empathogenics being able to be a bit more friendly.