• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Binge drinking - lightheadedness

You caught a 10-lb ‘bow? That’s awesome.

That’s a good conversation you had with yourself...I often reflexively use substances to deal with situations that really aren’t that brutal to deal with. I think questioning that impulse is a great way to ease into being more at home with life of life’s terms.

Of the movies you ran a synopsis of Id have to say All the Money in the World sounds the most intriguing despite not knowing who J. Paul Getty is. Followed by Mollys Game and then Darkest Hour... Are you more inclined one way or the other?
J. Paul Getty was an industrialist who founded Getty Oil and was notoriously cheap despite being fabulously wealthy. He was an avid art and antiquities collector and his private collection formed the basis of the current collection at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. I would be happy to see any of the three movies honestly. It just remains to be seen what's playing on Christmas Day. Gary Oldman is one of the few actors I think actually becomes the character he's playing. From the previews, he IS Winston Churchill just like he looked almost exactly like the composer Ludwig von Beethoven in Immortal Beloved.

Thanks sim. Its been over 12 years since I last went fishing, so Id have to say that this season has been very good to me.
Ill be up that way again over the holidays and so long as the river isnt frozen over (unlikely, given recent temperatures) Ill head out again when my daughter is with her moms side.
I find the nature aspect of fishing so therapeutic. I dont really care if I catch a fish or not. I just enjoy the quite sounds of running water and the repetitive nature of fishing.
Id love to learn how to fly fish... and then how to tie flies... It would provide me with hours of endless enjoyment ha

Aihfl
I had no idea about Getty, his antics or the museum under his name ... Ive lived a sheltered life here in my cave ha
Is Oldman a method actor? (Im not sure why but the thought of this makes me laugh - did he become PM and battle the Nazis?...)

I used to ice fish when I lived in Vermont. I built a shanty and everything and towed it out onto the ice on a tributary of the Connecticut River. Then I got stuck in Florida when the ice thawed and couldn't get back to Vermont to pull the shanty off the ice. I'm just glad there's nothing the Vermont Department of Natural Resources could have used to identify me because it's a big fat fine if you let your shanty go down. That's the last time I've done any meaningful fishing even though one of my kayaks is a fishing kayak and I really should use it for that purpose, especially living now in a state surrounded on almost all sides by water and with thousands of square miles of inland waterways.

When I first read your post aihfl I thought you meant the ice thinned and you drifted down to Florida ... durp haha
A fishing kayak? Whooee that sounds superb. Ive been meaning to buy a canoe, I was hoping to with my income tax this april but ..... my debt is going no where making minimum payments sooo... perhaps its time to toss a big lump sum on there and knock it down a few K. Id really like to be back to at least 0 sometime soon.

So last night was strangely difficult for me. The people I live with had friends over and they were drinking, smoking and eating mushrooms.
Then my coworker sent a funny msg about a text she mistakenly sent to a client - turns out she was drinking too.
...Shortly thereafter I was overcome with a strong, albeit brief, urge to drink.
Recognizing this almost immediately and the fact that I had considered drinking earlier in the day I decided it best to busy myself with some hobbies and by the time I was finished I was too tired to want a drink and sent to bed.

I had a dream, the first I can remember in a long time, about the friend I used to work for (before he went all tyrannical) making kombucha...
I was moving all my brewing stuff into his basement (I used to rent from him and live in his basement haha) when he came home
He was surprisingly cool about it and we got to talking, though I dont recall about what.
I awoke shortly thereafter.

Unfortunately the timing was off.. Just as I was waking up my housemates friends were going to sleep in the living room. So Ive been confined to my room for the past few hours.
Kinda a bummer but since I rearranged my room last week its not so bad to hang out in, its just that there are no windows - kinda a downer.
But I wrapped some crhistmas presents, put some laundry away and reposted our ad..

Seems that the ad is working, as we have another new client tomorrow.
Not sure if the one from last week will pan out - her house was super clean to start with and something just seemed off. We'll see I suppose.
Another full day today. And Im surprised to say that it feels good.
Normally I dreaded going to work. But working with a friend, not for, or even worse for some random company I dont care about, seems to make all the difference.
Im really hoping that this continues to pan out the way it is.

Anyways suppose I should eat something and start getting ready for work.
Happy Hump Day folks.

Alcohol as a means to Escape; No More

Welp..
It seems like in an attempt to edit my previous thread entitled binge drinking - lightheadedness (or something of the sort) I managed to delete it and can no longer go back to access it. Gotta love the mobile site - seems any sort of editing just deletes the post (at least on my side of things) and as I was trying to add a recovery journal prefix to the original post it deleted, and once the original post was deleted the whole thread went with it. Classic haha

Anyways I tend to find meaning where there is none and in this instance Ive come to the conclusion that I need to take a break from not only BL but other social media (FB) as well...

This wont be permanent but Im hoping to take some time and get back to me, dive deeper into my hobbies, start exercising again, etc.
Then once Ive established a routine perhaps I can integrate some social media into the mix but currently I kinda off way off balance.
With social media taking up way too much of my time - which Im learning is not only quite valuable (and I dont mean in a monetary sense) but limited as well.

Anyways just thought Id say thanks for all your support throughout my journey thus far.
Ive come a long way and I couldnt have done it without the support and perspective you folks have provided.
I wish you all the best in the meantime.
(sim it seems going back brought back all this typing after erroneously copying over it haha...)

Much love and
TTFN
toc

Sometimes a vacay from social media is really tonic. We’ll miss you while you’e Gone, TOC. But I definitely send you all the best.

BTW, if you’d like, I can easily restore your old thread if you like. I’ll leave things as-is. But if just let me know if you’d like me to in-delete it.

<3
Sim

Hey again folks.
How was everyones Christmas?

*just a heads up this post may be triggering for some as it contains multiple instances of substance use and abuse*

My holidays were interesting. It started with "broken family christmas" with good friends, their title, not mine haha.
I decided I needed to trip but given they had family over too, I figured Id stick with something mellow and choose some MDA. I dosed moderately, with a boost an hour or so later. But I was floored. It would have been nice on any other occasion but it was a weird trip given the setting. I wanted to leave - this wasnt my family, wasnt my Christmas; they were merely taking pity on me. So I talked to my friend, asked if it was weird that I was here, if I should leave. But he reassured me that it would only be weird if I wasnt here, we had become good friends and would do anything for each other and thats what family is about. I was touched, its true. I consider myself to be closer with them than my family. The anxiety about being there diminished but it was still a weird trip.

Why? Because this is my first Christmas without Mom. Although I had given it some thought I hadnt realized just how different this time of year would be without her. Mom loved Christmas, she startred buying presents in January haha and not having her here to celebrate with me/us changed the whole dynamic. And having my first christmas with family who wasnt "actually" family really drove the point home that the times are changing. And being high as a bird made me do some thinking.

I was often lost in thought as the others celebrated and conversed. After dinner they wanted to play some sort of adult charades but it seemed childish to me, dont get me wrong Im all for dick and fart jokes but after a while they lose their appeal. But my friends sister was having none of it, knew I was high and wouldnt take no for an answer. So I played, awkwardly... I shoulda just went and played with the kids haha.

I was up later than I would have liked that night, given I was hosting my own family dinner the next day. So I was tired and feeling kinda fried when I woke up at almost 9! I almost always wake up before 7, and my daughter will normally wake me up when she gets up about that time... but not today. It really threw me for a loop and after breakfast I was anxious yet depleted and decided I was in need of a pick me up and ate a modest amount of edibles. I came up and mellowed out but we were still crunched for time so I really called on my daughter for help doing some of the things shes capable of - ie washing potatoes, cutting veggies etc. She resisted and was upset that I was asking for so much help but I explained to her the importance of helping. There was some moaning and groaning and getting distracted but she pulled through to do her part.

It is so wonderful to see the positive changes in her these last few months. Her moving to live with her mom really fucked me up. Just yesterday I saw an old friend at the store and we spoke briefly. I noted that my daughter had went to live with her mom, to which my friends response was "wow you must be lonely".... Well thats the understatement of the year...

But I digress... dinner turned out perfect but my gravy didnt thicken. Given my distaste for gravy I said forget it and served it as is haha...
After dinner my brother and my oma took over the dishes while I packed things up. Everyone was already having a few drinks and I said sure. I only had 2 small glasses of wine and all was good. The weather turned quickly though and given the long drives everyone cleared out before 630. But they left their booze.Being tired and fried has always been a trigger for me and I proceed to finish off the 2 bottles of wine. There was still another bottle of wine and some beer but tomorrow was christmas and I didnt want to be hungover.

Didnt matter. I was quite hungover. With only plans to rest and have a chill day with my daughter, we did just that. Throughout the day I polished off the wine and 3 beers tho. I was really hit hard with Moms loss and lost in thought all day. I felt so bad that I wasnt able to provide my daughter with the Christmas my mom always did for us. I was broke af this year and only got her a few gifts. I realize thats not what christmas is about though and was really looking forward to having people over the following day.

I had invited a couple of friends over for dinner on boxing day. But 1 set cancelled early that morning and then after preppping dinner and some apps the other cancelled right before she was supposed to come... That was a bummer. I was really in need of some company and having everyone bail last minute hurt. I mean Im glad that they are all so comfortable to be honest with me and I didnt want to guilt trip them into coming by telling them I needed the company but I felt so alone.

On the 27th I had to take my daughter to spend time with my exs partners side of the family, who also happen to live where my dad does. So I had planned another christmas dinner, this time with my dads side on the 28th, but theyre all so lazy we were just going to go out.
I had planned to go fishing while my daughter did her thing and my dad was at work, as sitting alone in that house was the last thing I needed. So I re-spooled, got all dressed up and headed down. It was a week day and I had to park a little ways away to avoid paying for parking. Well fuck me if the river wasnt frozen over. I walked along hoping itd be open under the bridges or in the deep holes but I guess the weather had turned colder than where I am and it froze over earlier in the week. So I went back to the car and went to check the inner harbour. Another bust, all frozen.

Well... theres only one thing to do if I am to be forced to sit at Dads all day. I had already given myself a pass if I happened to drink while up there and figured today was better than tomorrow at dinner... so off I went. I was hungry and much less tolerant than before and was pleasantly numb quite quickly. Sometime after dinner time I decided I wasnt going to go out for dinner the following day but rather cook dinner for everyone at my dads. Wasted by now I started calling people.

I dont remember the calls but the next day my grandpa and aunt asked how I was doing, as I was apparently upset on the phone the night before, in regards to the lack of my moms presence this year. My brother was having none of it though and refused to come over. He has been less forgiving of my dad and his side of the family than I and despite living in town sees less of my dad and the rest of them than I do and I live 2 hours away... Anyways the next day I get a msg from his girlfriend about how I cant force people to come for dinner when theyre uncomfortable. I was hungover as shit and in no mood to argue so I just left it at that.

Dont get me wrong, hes my brother and all... but he's such a whiner and it makes me sick. I get that he was Moms baby. Even when she was sick she did so much for him. But its difficult for all us. And in times likes this we should come together to help each not nit pick all the shit thats happened in the past. Acknowledge it, accept (not necessarily forgive) and move on. Holding on to all that negativity will only turn him into a crusty old fuck like our dad.

Anyways so I cooked dinner and all was well. My brother even showed up.

We left the following day to come home for a day of rest before heading to see my exs Dad (lets just call him D) for christmas. We have remained cordial since the split, likely in part because he and my ex were never closer.. or perhaps just because hes not a tool and also understands that family is merely those youre close to....Anyways, as I am so apt to do on these occasions, I ate a hefty dose of edibles when we were about 10 minutes out. By the time we got there and settled I knew I was in for quite the fucking ride and questionned my decision. But it was too late to do anything about it now.....

While my daughter went off to watch a movie with his wife, D and I talked in the kitchen. For whatever the reason he really opened up to me. He told me about how his parents werent coming to dinner and why. I have known his parents longer than I have known him and Ive always had the impression that they looked down upon him since an incident when he was 13 where they blamed him for the loss of their son... In explaining their backwards reasoning about why they werent coming - about how they invited his wifes side and me to "their" family dinner - they also threw that incident in his face. I could see just how much it hurt him to have his parents act like such fools and honestly, with my dad being the way that he is I can relate. Eventually the conversation lulled and instead of standing around looking pretty we got to work.

By the time my ex/her partner showed up I was next level stoned. They could tell as soon as I greeted them and we all shared in some laughter.
Shortly thereafter alarm bells started ringing - this isnt my family, this isnt my christmas and I shouldnt be here (common theme much? ha).
So I approached D and asked if it was weird that I was there, esp considering that his parents were not, in part due to my presence. Again I was reassured that family is much more than blood and if his parents cant see that than its their loss. Why is it all my "adopted" family is so much cooler than my "real" family? haha

Despite this reassurance, I spent the next few hours simply trying to relax haha I ate a bunch of snacks in hopes that it would bring me down, even a little.
Once Daves inlaws came by and we all got settled I calmed down a bit. They are such wonderful and accepting people too.
We played games, ate dinner, tidied, played more games, had a couple drinks (again - I know ... ) and next thing I knew it was time for bed.
I spent New Years with my ex/her partner (lets just call him R for simplicity) and our daughter at a friends place here in town. He ate some edibles and some M but given my choices of late I decided Id just have a couple of drinks. Which may seem weird. But Im starting to learn its ok for me to drink, if I treat it like all the other drugs I use - in moderate amounts in the right set and setting... Anyways we sparked up a bonfire and braved the cold to enjoy some good conversation..

The girls failed to dress appropriately and bailed a few hours later. I was surprised they stayed as long as they did though, given the temperature haha and they spent the rest of the night wrapped in blankets with hot packs haha. Anyways R and I decided wed burn through the rest of the wood. He was nicely toasted given the combination and wanted to talk about the relationship we all have together, his relationship and boundaries surrounding my daughter and other personnel topics. Unfortunately I wasnt on the same level and wasnt quite so open but I did my best to converse openly and honestly. He's a good guy and I respect him as a person and a parent and I told him such. I spoke of how awkward it was for me those first few visits after the separation and how I could only imagine how he felt with his partners ex in HIS home. He shared in some of his frustrations surrounding my ex and I did my best to relate and offer guidance while not bashing her. And I was sure to commend him on his patience with her - I mean I see his actions relative to mine and the differences that they produce in my exs response are astronomical. It was a good time and something that we needed to get outta the way for some time now. The wood ran out just before midnight and we joined the girls for some games to wind down the evening.

They were headed back home yesterday so I went over again in the morning and we made burgers and hung out. I thanked out mutual friend, who always has them by when theyre in town, because at one point I told her there was no way I could have them at my place with the baby. Now, Im not sure it would bother me so much... but Im so glad our friend loves having the baby around because it means that I can escape to my own bed haha.

Anyways... back to reality now that my daughters gone for the week.
Reality is I need a pay cheque. And Im stressing as we dont start cleaning until tomorrow and Ill only pull a few hours this week, if that, because of the arrangement I have with my friend (anything after 20 hours is "mine", regardless of who brought in the clients). So... Im thinking I need to go find some temp work in the mean time until our hours pick up again. Start advertising more for cleaning in the meantime.

This morning I recognized the fact that all this drinking of late combined with this financial stress makes me want to escape - via drinking. Surprise surprise.Im hoping that this recognition combined with an action plan to incorporate healthy living back into my routine in a sustainable way will be enough to discourage escape in such a way. I dont regret my choice to drink over the holidays - I just hope that I can learn and grow from/with it.

In the meantime I need to take down the christmas decoration. Do a budget and pay rent and grab some groceries.
Then touch up my resume and head off to the agency.

I hope everyone has a prosperous 2018 in whatever it is you set your mind to.

Until next time
toc

Last edited:
Well these past two days have been enlightening as I continue to struggle to understand my addiction.

At the time I was not sure what possessed me to drink so much over the holidays but it was definitely an attempt to escape the pain associated with the loss of my mom last year. THis is exasperated by the fact that Mom loved christmas. A little too much for us kids but haha that was always her thing.

Over zealously I thought a drink here or a drink there... and 15 here and 6 there... a few times would be excusable. And sure it was but now...Now I pay the toll

Yesterday was riddled with anxiety. A desire to escape ached in my chest and it could not be satiated.
I busied myself in the kitchen. DRINK. I dilly dallied with hobbies. DRINK. I visited friends. DRINK. I ate and visited more friends.DRINK

I didnt drink.

Tomorrow marks 1 year since moms death.
I wanted to take a day off and trip but I dont think thats a good idea. I dont think Im there yet.
Today felt good to be out of the house, working a bit. We are slowly picking up and its easing my financial stresses.

However after work we stopped at the grocery store and all I wanted was a beer, or 3. Despite my incredibly tight budget it was all I could think about.
Vegetables. BEER. Pasta and sauce. BEER. Crackers and tuna. BEER.
Thank fuck I was with my friend and too embarassed to grab any. She knows about my problems and was once in the same boat as me but has also cut back...
We're family now and she woulda had no quams ripping on me pretty good if I did.

I needed a reprieve though and after dropping her off I got super stoned.
Im trying to cut back and doing a decent job limiting both my smoking and edible intake.
Edibles is less than once a week, usually and smoking less than 3.

In the shower I had and recalled some of my recent revelations about my situation.
Mom, the holidays, drinking, work, planning a trip next week, my escapism (for the past 10 years), ways to heal, plans for the future, goals for the short term.
I can honestly say I love pot.

I love drinking too though. And a little too much.
I figured Id be able to go back for a couple nights of binge drinking and come out the other side of my holidays no worse for wear. Naive.
This isnt my first rodeo. WTF was I thinking haha...

I was able to control myself these past few days and those are usually the worst. But idle time is the devils play ground.
So Im glad Im working instead of not doing school work and festering.
Im glad Im partaking in more hobbies, more friends, more cooking and cleaning (read living).

Gotta try and start crawling again this week with my routine.
Wanna get back into it full swing next week but well play that by ear. haha...

Much love <3

Well ... well ?

For starters Ive been perpetually stoned since friday after work. I snagged a bit to quell some of my urge to drink ... its helpful and all but ...

Smoking does not seem to have the same positive benefits that eating it does for me. A high dose of edibles quenches my desire to drink for days, if not longer, and very rarely am I compelled to redose edibles the next day. Smoking? Forget it, Ill smoke all day if I start in the morning and once I come down Im back to craving all over again. In part I find the compulsion of constantly redosing to achieve the same level of stonedness addictive. And this addictive aspect has very little positive effects on my addiction to drinking. In fact it sorta seems to exasperate my cravings at times.

So why was I smoking constantly?

Well moms death-a-versary was on thursday. So that was stressful.
My Dad called to tell me he was "fine.. not to worry".. and to ask how I was. But how he worded it ... seemed like a cry for attention.
As much as Im learning to forgive him for the years of torment he put as all through... When he pulls shit like this, this whole "I miss her too" "You know I loved her too", its fucking infuriating. Then why didnt you act like it when we were growing up, hell even after we were outta the house? Why didnt you go to visit her when she was sick? .... But I say nothing to that effect because perhaps in some weird way he can justify his in/actions and who am I to judge.
And work hasnt been picking up as I had hoped. I had made an agreement with my friend that anything about 20 hours / week I could have because thats what she needs right now to contribute to her family. Which sounds fair and sustainable. But I didnt realize she was below that with her current client base. So Ive brought in some new clients but they only put us just over 20 hours. And this week someone cancelled, dropping us to exactly 20, so I dont get paid. So I said fuck it and took today off

So I was stressing about that yesterday and given today off all I wanted to do was drink. So instead?
I laid on the couch and cuddled with the cat haha ... when I first moved in I found him way too needy. But often times when Im down now I go looking for him.
All I wanted was to make it through the night without drinking. I succeeded.

But this morning there it was again. Staring me in the face. No not the cat. My urge to drink. To escape this anxiety.
I have identified numerous ways to deal, including but not limited to
-finding a part time/temp job in the meantime until things pick up. But I look at the job titles for these sorts of jobs and im immediately engulfed in dread. I had to close my computer.
- say fuck it, hope for the best and potentially have to ask family for help (god no, anything but that. why am I so against asking them for help??)
- start putting my money where my mouth is and turn these hobbies into revenue streams like I keep saying.

Well given the extreme feelings I encounter when job searching Im currently on option 3. Perhaps with a dash of asking for help.
So Ive been reading. Experimenting. Doing (with a dash of lazy self loathing thrown in for good measure).

My batch of kombucha was a bust and I was pissed. $50 bucks. Gone. (Compared to all the money I spent on drinking thats nothing though haha)
But it wasnt so much the money but the fact that I cant brew it at my house as we dont have a sink in the basement. So Im brewing it at a friends.
He had his undies in a bunch to get started but I knew Id be away. So he volunteered to bottle it if I wasnt around.
Lo and behold, times comes and he doesnt do it. Then he cant figure out why it tastes like sour shit.
(Its a live culture and will continue to grow until bottled and put in the fridge).
So now not only can I not sell any but I have to drink this soury tart nastiness (or just throw it out but ........ Im cheap and broke so haha)
BAH!

My chocolates are still in the making. I cant get them to set. But I just keep making small test batches.
At the worst I have to throw em in the fridge/freezer so the bottom portion will harden.
At least it still tastes better than the kombucha haha ... fuck

And finally I innoculated some grains with some reishi cultures from agar dishes (that same) friend had. No signs of growth yet but I look forward to growing other gourmet species as well.

And to wrap up this front ..
A friend looked into having a booth at the local farmers market.
Its quite cheap ($30/week) with very few barriers to entry.
I feel like that itll be very doable. And given it runs again in the warmer months it should give us some time to get all the kinks sorted out and a small stock built up.

TL;DR - Ive been craving a lot these past few days as Ive been stressed about work and Moms loss. However Ive been keeping busy with hobbies and freinds. And although most of my healthy routine has since evaporated my diet has been decent. All of which helps immensely.

Until next time <3

Well I intended to make a post earlier...
But after typing it out I just closed the window and decided to get drunk.

I proceeded to pass out early and wake up before 12 after some weird dream in which I drank glass after glass of water. Now Ive finished the rest of the booze, had some food, some water, and Im ready for bed again.

As I deleted before I no longer feel bad about these binges... Perhaps that a contributing factor?... But it seems the most pertinent question is why do I keep reverting to escapist behaviour?

Ive learned a lot about what leads up to these lapses over these last few years trying to quit. Ive learned a lot about dealing with the after effects of such events. And it seems like these sort of events should be avoidable.

Yet I continue to make poor choices and there is still so much to learn.

I drank again tues and last night. But I didnt want to be drunk. So I smoked some and had an urge to trip. Nothing crazy, just something mild.
I decided on some M. It was a nice roll. Took more than I would have if I wasnt drunk, I wasnt thinking too clearly, but it was nice and I was in bed, well fed 6 hours later.
Admitedly I didnt do much thinking due to being drunk and having a high dose but it feels beneficial.

Its been forever since I did any yoga/meditation and even my walks have suffered lately.
So last night I got to it. I did some yoga and went for a late night walk.
More yoga again this morning.

Im still kinda stressing about work. My friend bailed for the rest of the week after her Grandma died, obviously. And some people cancelled again. And we missed a bunch of appts.
But I worked by myself yesterday and again today. Likely again tomorrow, but my friend says shell be there.
She also said to reschedule the appts we missed. So I fired off some emails and most of them have been rescheduled. So heres hoping they go well.
So thats relieving. But Im not sure how this week will work, given our prior agreement around hours worked.
But surely if I do all (or most of) the work I should be atleast compensated some. Shes reasonable and should see that atleast.

Anyways, tired now. I just put in a solid 6 hours this afternoon, after less sleep than normal last night.

Until next time.

Welp

Another weekend. Decent times with my little monster but ...

Cant help but feel like Ive missed so much.
Its depressing.

Work isnt helping matters.

Drunk again.

After another shotty night of sleep Im glad that Im at least eating and staying hydrate. Suppose you could say Im learning?

But this drinking needs to stop before it turns into a problem, yet again. Arguably it already has.

This isnt my first rodeo, I know how to get out of this. Yet I keep repeating the same mistakes. I dont understand.

Well, I do. In part. But obviously theres something I dont get.

Work seems to be picking up and I should be able to make most of rent. But ill still need to ask someone for help. Argh.

Thats stressful for me...
Next month should be sustainable.

In the meantime?
Drinking again.

I know I need to quit and never look back because each and every "just one" leads into a relapse, eventually. But part of me cant let go of alcohol.

It is the ying to my yang: the relief to my stress.

I have ways to cope without drugs yet I rely on alcohol. In the moment its partially effective. While later its counter productive and anxiogenic.

This isnt news.

But it seems Im stuck in some sorta repeating loop. :-S

Another night with shitty sleep. After passing out early I was up from 12 to 5 am. Followed by half an hour of sleep and waking up with a bounding heart and anxiety.

But I ate a decent meal. Had some more water. Did the personal hygiene skit. And felt almost ok.

Work was challenging as I was tired, hungry and just felt like crap. But we picked up a new client. Interviewed another. And put in a decent days work.

But all I wanted was to get wasted. Again. So I came home, showered and ate. Yet i still wanted to drink. So i just escaped with some tv. But i still wanted to drink. so i ate some more. Escaped some more.

And eventually it was too late to go get booze.

I suppose it was out of habit, or perhaps due to the fact that I had sweat the bed, but I again awoke at 1 last night.
Thankfully I was able to find a spot that wasnt soaked and despite the shivering I was able to get back to sleep.
I have awoken in worse states before but fuck me if I will continue to that point yet again in my life.
Its funny how you think youve learned but end up making the same bed to lay in.
This needs to stop. Now.

I have the tools and experiences to pull myself out.
The challenge is in the act.

I have two goals for after work today: some light exercise and clean up the house a bit.

Thats great man, try and get 72 hours of no boozing in. Personally im at 2 weeks without drinking and the first week was hard. Hang in there!

Congrats on the 2 weeks chompy. Good work. How ya been lately?

I also find the first week the hardest. Then the week-aversaries seem to be hard too.
But Im pretty sure thats all in my head, as I used to say "just once a week".

Drank again last night after realizing how broke I was.
Seems counter intuitive but here we are. Again.

At the very least Ive learned to function. Eating and staying hydrated is key.
My sleeps all fucked up though. Between that and my daughter, my house mates and ppl I work for being sick... seems Im sick now too. Argh.

Anyways.

Off to start another day.