View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA or MDA + DMT

No. 13 Baby

Bluelighter
Let's just talk about everything regarding this combo - opinions, experiences, etc.

I wouldn't mix it; each is so intense. Especially when injected. I would just opt to use more DMT, and leave MDA for a rainy day.

It's phenomenal. Better than candy flipping imo. I turned into a giant 3D fractal made out of huge blue-purple cubes of energy, which were all rapidly moving around. My sense of orientation was tied to each individual cube, so it felt like my body was flying around in such an incredible way. The ultimate roller coaster, but accompanied by beauty that is beyond description. I opened my eyes and every surface I could see was covered in this incredibly intricate detailed flower of life that was much more complex than normal. Never seen anything like it before or since.

I wouldn't mix it; each is so intense. Especially when injected. I would just opt to use more DMT, and leave MDA for a rainy day.

MDMA/MDA are what I consider "anti-fear" drugs, as they reduce cerebral blood flow to the left amygdala (fear center). And also, I felt exactly that fearlessness/confidence while on MDMA (I'm assuming MDA will have the same effect because it's an SRA drug).

In general I have heard great things about combining these two, also about combining MDMA with salvia. Though I have never tried either.

I've smoked DMT on MDMA. It was nice but I can't explain it. I stuck on my favourite psy trance tune with sunshine pouring through the window. I didn't break through so nothing particularly memorable happened.

I'd imagine MDA would be quite different. I can't begin to imagine what you might see, even if you didn't break through. I guess you wouldn't just be hallucinating sunglasses and having vanilla conversations with friends who disappear anymore though...

I could imagine DMT elves or other entities appearing intermitently throughout the rest of the experience.

Last edited:
I've smoked DMT on MDMA. It was nice but I can't explain it. I stuck on my favourite psy trance tune with sunshine pouring through the window. I didn't break through so nothing particularly memorable happened.

I'd imagine MDA would be quite different. I can't begin to imagine what you might see, even if you didn't break through. I guess you wouldn't be hallucinating sunglasses and having vanilla conversations with friends who disappear anymore though...

I could imagine DMT elves or other entities appearing intermitently throughout the rest of the experience.

Yeah, DMT has a way of colouring the rest of a trip if you take it with another substance. I haven't tried MDA, but I find the whole sunglasses thing hilarious. I guess you'd probably end up seeing entities wearing sunglasses, and have deep telepathic conversations with friends that disappear :D

In regards to DMT with MDMA, I found the two substances together seemed to make the DMT experience even harder to remember than it is normally. However, it did eliminate any anxiety and I definitely know I was having the absolute time of my life!

In regards to DMT with MDMA, I found the two substances together seemed to make the DMT experience even harder to remember than it is normally. However, it did eliminate any anxiety and I definitely know I was having the absolute time of my life!

You've just reminded me how I experienced it. My world became just incredibly peaceful. The summer sunshine through the window became exemplified, and I can remember the room being bathed in this light and describing it as so serene. Zero anxiety.

Yeah, DMT has a way of colouring the rest of a trip if you take it with another substance. I haven't tried MDA, but I find the whole sunglasses thing hilarious. I guess you'd probably end up seeing entities wearing sunglasses, and have deep telepathic conversations with friends that disappear :D

I was thinking more along the lines of having conversations with beautiful goddesses and matrix architects who just suddenly disappear, and you find yourself just gurning and sprawling about on the carpet. =D

In general I have heard great things about combining these two, also about combining MDMA with salvia. Though I have never tried either.

I'd actually never even considered salvia + MDMA, but now you have it in my head I really like the idea. Salvia is fascinating to me, but it isn't something I'm ever really "in the mood for" from a sober perspective. Sounds like a great way to go into to the experience, plus that lovely Salvia afterglow in conjunction with MDMA could be pretty fantastic.

I've tried this, (MDMA with DMT), it wasn't unreasonably intense but it did improve the quality of both by synergizing and was beautiful and enjoyable.

Only thing is, smoking DMT makes your heart make a jump which isn't ideal to do on stimulant drugs.

Now I'm more curious about MDA combined with smoked DMT.

I'd be surprised if there are many reports of it, especially given that MDA has been pretty much absent from the European ecstasy market for about 10~ years, and available fairly sparsely before that.

I know it's becoming fairly available in Europe now though, from obvious places.

For the purpose of harm reduction I should confirm what hodor said. Never try this combo with changa or oral preparations of DMT like ayahuasca. MAO inhibitors, even reversible ones, can cause potentially fatal reactions when used with amphetamines like MDMA or MDA.

For the purpose of harm reduction I should confirm what hodor said. Never try this combo with changa or oral preparations of DMT like ayahuasca. MAO inhibitors, even reversible ones, can cause potentially fatal reactions when used with amphetamines like MDMA or MDA.

Are you serious? I knew MAOI's and mdma dont mix, but changa??

Every time ive had changa, well alot of the time ive been deep in mdma.

Tbh i find the mdma takes away all the anxiety of "im about to be propelled into psychedelia"

Are you serious? I knew MAOI's and mdma dont mix, but changa??

Every time ive had changa, well alot of the time ive been deep in mdma.

Tbh i find the mdma takes away all the anxiety of "im about to be propelled into psychedelia"

It's not as dangerous as takings the harmalas orally, but it's still risky, especially if you push the dose of either substance too high, which can be different for every person. The main purpose of this site is harm reduction. You can do whatever you want, I'm just providing information.

Not as much but they're both pretty fucking euphoric. MDA is more intense than MDMA, definitely a heavier drug.