• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

On what substance you have driven a car?

Back when I was an alcoholic, I drove drunk all the time. I would lie to myself and say I drove fine, I even drove better when drunk, etc... Such bullshit. One of the most shameful things in my life was having my kids in the car with me at times I was drunk. I get sad thinking about that. It's a reminder of how badly addiction can affect you and the decisions you make. Alcohol is definitely the one substance I would say should NEVER be driven on. The impairment is just too much.

I've driven on shrooms and acid too, this was when I was much younger. It was fun. But very stupid. The very nature of hallucinogens, just the word "hallucinogens" itself, should be enough to logically say that driving on them is not a good idea.

I drive now on small, therapeutic doses of benzos. Never taking more than prescribed.

I also drive on opiates. Pretty much every day. However, I don't chase the nod. I don't do heroin regularly. I don't get super fucked up. I'm on opiates right now at work, and I'm working and normal and all is well. It's that type of opiate high that I drive on mostly every day.

Opiates
Pot
Alcohol
Ketamine
Shrooms + mdma
Shrooms
Mdma
Cocaine
Methamphetamine
Assorted benzos
Rc stims
Various pharms of all types

All highly irresponsible. But the two worst are opiates and benzos. Opiates caused me too wreck once by nodding and rearending someone at low speed. Luckly the adrenaline sober me up and I didn't get arrested. Not proud but no DUI so I'm lucky

Weed, alcohol, speed, benzos, ketamine, heroin, methadone, bupe, coke, dxm, 3FPM probably some others I dont remember and sometimes in combination (like ketamine + bromazepam because i was coming down from speed and had to drive home. Was like a 5 minute ride on an empty street but thats no excuse really). Extremely stupid i know

meth every day literally for 2 years. used to get high enough id black out. got cns problems anyway. came to one time about 50 miles from home had no clue where i was had to ask directions. didnt even remember leaving and the truck had more gas than id had before. needless to say i avoided those gas stations on my way home

Very very stupid.

I used to drink on high dose benzos and coke most days and to be totally honest I drove exactly how I would normally (which is good).

Ketamine - had to get someone to start the vehicle for me because I was so gone. I had "borrowed" my mother's truck while she was sleeping so I could go score some ketamine from a buddy in the next town over. Well it was winter and I was on ketamine which was very fucking stupid of me and I hit an icy patch and well you know the rest. I had to walk home 5 hours, worst experience of my life (at least as far as walking goes)..

Took my driver's license test while I was up for days on meth and a bunch of benzos. I got the worst score possible and the examiner asked me if I had ever driven before. Sober I'm actually a decent driver.

I know, stupid and irresponsible. I've learned from my mistakes.

Alcohol
Benzos
Opiates
Pot
Shrooms

Never got a DUI. In fact, I had even been pulled over by the Mass. State Police while blotto and only got a warning for going 71/65. I thought I was invincible as an impaired driver. I did bash up the front of my car but found a guy who did cut rate work on the side (he repairs banged up cars for Enterprise) so I never had to report it to insurance.

Last edited:
heroin
meth
cocaine
cannabis
alcohol
2c-I
LSD
mushrooms
MDMA
alprazolam, temazepam, likely other benzos like lorazepam
(can't say ketamine, dmt, as IV shots wear off rather quick)

I don't do anything like that anymore, aside from cannabis.

LSD, baby. Shit is amazing, cruising alone at night down a two lane highway with the guard rails to your side twisting like a double helix, and the yellow lines glowing gold, the white lines spraying pure light energy into your eyes, lights in the car like the interior of a spaceship. Feeling like you are literally flying as you go faster than your body can calculate in a machine you trust so completely as to entrust your life with it by driving almost every day.

Certainly was a bonding experience with my car.

(Please do not be dumb like me and drive when tripping on high doses of psychedelics.)

I'm not fond of driving a car to begin with. Since I had a baby earlier this year, I thought it'd be a good idea to get a driver's license so as to be able to drive the little one where he needs to go. Well, I started taking the courses, and what do you know. How do you alleviate the (however insignificant) anxiety of driving your first time? Take a large dose of codeine of course. That worked well, so why not take it again the next time? It was so pleasurable the first time, after all.

So in the end I actually have never driven a car sober. It's been "just" codeine, but still. Of course, I'd never get behind the wheel drunk, on benzos, (higher than average) on dissos, (higher than light) on psychedelics or plain over-tired. But yeah, codeine seems so benign I tend to disregard it. To be fair, it doesn't impair me almost at all.

when I was 15 I came home from school and was bored so I decided to take 2 shots of tequila. I didn’t really drink back then so I got a little buzz going just from that. Then the door bell rings and I go and to answer and it’s my driving instructor showing up for my first lesson. Basically you get behind the wheel and he gets in the passenger seat and gives you pointers. It’s a requirement to get a drivers license. I had a brief panic when he showed up and decided to rinse my mouth with mouthwash real quick and go take my lesson. It was the path of least resistance, but damn, if the instructor caught a whiff that could have been bad.

I drove on alcohol and weed lots of times til I got caught and that ended that. Fucking stupid bullshit driving intoxicated.

Pot, LSD, mushrooms, PCP, quaaludes, sodium secobarbitol. amobarbital, freebase, cocaine, meth, nembutal, freon 22, eskatrol spansules, dilaudid, heroin, oxycotin, desoxyn, valium, xanax booze..

you know ya can't see double with one eye closed

Last edited:
Never really driven impaired and have always avoided it out of concern for the safety of myself and others. There have been a few times where I've had a beer or two and driven but never drove after having enough to be in DUI territory. Still, I feel like driving after having any amount of alcohol isn't a good idea. I only drove while stoned once, like five years ago, and I didn't feel impaired per say........ but was rather paranoid about getting pulled over the whole drive home. After taking my adderall, I find that I actually drive better than without it. I'm much more alert and focused on the road. Without it, I've often had the problem of people honking at me for waiting too long at stop signs, sometimes not turning right on red even if it's safe to do so, driving too slow, and doing other things that people find rather annoying but aren't reckless or anything. When I take adderall though, I have not had these issues on the road with being honked at or doing any of these blunders. I also drove on Benzedrex once and was not impaired at all by it. In fact, I felt more focused and observant on the road similar to when I take my adderall, which makes sense as it's also an amphetamine-type stimulant.

Oh jeez. Okay let me try to go through the list here.

1. Alcohol: Many times, although never when I had the spins. I always knew at what stage I just couldn't do it.
2. Weed: Oddly, this really took me a long time to get used to. For a long time I felt like it just wasn't possible but slowly got used to it and then it became second nature.
3. LSD: NOPE! I only did it once while coming down and I hated it so much. I felt like every car was coming straight towards me. One of the few times I turned around and went back home.
4. MDMA: I would only do it on the come-down and I found it to be the inverse of driving stoned: I would start going way faster than I was intending. I just couldn't just my speed correctly. I almost flipped my car going around a corner. Very dangerous.
5. Opiates: One of the scariest memories for me was of driving on heavy doses of heroin or morphine and fighting the nod off. My eyes would start to cross they were trying so hard to close (I would imagine anyone who has driven while fighting the nods knows what this is like) but, like an idiot, I would keep going. I am so amazed I didn't die doing this. And since I was an addict, I drove like this very often.
6. Speed: Never had any real problems with this provided I had enough sleep. If I was badly sleep deprived that got insane. I remember once driving when I had been up for about 5 days and the sky started to glow and turned into a giant game of space invaders. Again...how did I not die that night?
7. Benzos: As long as I was not in a black-out, this was never much of a problem.
8. Cocaine: Again, not really any problem provided I was not having a bell ringer. I never did have one while driving but I imagine that could have been disastrous.

And probably way more than I can even remember. But these are the ones I did often. So glad I never killed anyone or killed myself.

My experience is limited to alcohol & Xanax. After 4-5 beers I was driving home & hit a parked car. I knew right away that I was DUI so I kept on driving home. They got me on leaving the scene but that was a lot less worse than a DUI. When I drink away from home now, my wife drives).

I was originally prescribed Xanax for prevention of panic attacks while driving & in making sales presentations. Even with the note the doctor gave me I never felt safe driving with even a few tabs in a legit prescription bottle because of the MADD driving while impaired hysteria & all the crazy War on Drugs rules. So the anti-anxiety medication only created more anxiety. (In my state you can carry prescription drugs in your car if the prescription is valid. But I am not clear on the law if the drug is in your system when you get in an accident & they run a blood test).

I would not drive while stoned on weed or on gabapentin. They screw you up too much. Another NO-NO is mescaline. Uppers & hallucinogens in general would also be both dangerous & illegal.

Last edited: