• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone ever try a 1000ug dose?

I've heard taking more than 500ug isn't worth it, that the effects peak at that dosage and taking more won't do much more for you in terms of positive effects, but I don't know the legitimacy of this claim.

My highest dose so far has been 400ug, and I was not ready for it. Completely lost touch with reality in a bad way, felt like I was falling through countless of false universes. It was as if someone kept yelling at me "everything you know is wrong" and destroying all my carefully and intricately made up realities. Tho this was more on me having a too high dose than I was ready for than just a ridiculously high dose so.

Taking a 1000ug sounds to me mostly like a waste of acid, when you could take less and have more for later trips.

The trouble with this is knowing how much LSD you actually took. Buying blotter from someone, even if they tell you the dosage can be quite a crap shoot. I just wonder how precisely you can actually lay blotter. There would be a lot of variation in there. Hell... even liquid is tough if you did not make the solution our self.

I took probably 7 hits once over the course of an evening. I started with 3 and then took 2 a couple hours later then the last 2 a couple more hours later. While I was indeed tripping harder than I ever have in my life (on LSD) and having a fantastic time, I really wonder how much the extras really added to the experience, and actually did not add to the length of the trip all that much. I dosed at around 10 and was asleep by like 9 and could have slept sooner.

The synesthesia and the patterns were otherworldly. Crazy beautiful cathedrals and archetecture, in my minds eye over taking my reality eyes open or closed.

However about 6 hours in (I hate and dont smoke cigarettes) I smoked like 10 cigs in 30 mins and puked my guts out, thought I was gonna trip forever and freaked the fuck out for a hour or so. Totally lost my mind for a bit, but I got it back allright. It was amazing how my mood flipped like a switch from in a state of complete ego shattering transcendence to a psychotic thought loop of frightening infinite time in a minute.

Be careful... those cigs tasted magical though lol

I did 2000ug the other night. But i wouldnt do that if you havent tripped in awhile. I have tripped alot in the last few weeks. So my tolerance is thru the roof. Which is why i dosed so high. I took 12 tabs. I wouldnt recommend it, unless you dropped 600ug-900ug within the last week or two. Stick to 500ug for a high dose. Will hit you hard as F if you wait afew months.

isnt there like a saturation point in which you cant get any more high it just lasts longer when you take more?
8(

There is no saturation point, nor did anyone ever say there was. The widely misquoted claim by Albert Hofmann claimed only that there is a saturation for the purpose of lowering ego defenses, which is to say, for example, if 750 micrograms of LSD wasn't enough to give you a powerful psychotherapeutic breakthrough then 1500 micrograms probably won't be either, you'll have to tackle your issues in other ways first. There was no claim that the psychedelic effects in general would ever stop getting stronger, and in my experience and others I've talked to so far, they don't.

Personally, I barely ever even think about taking LSD other than in the 1000+ micrograms range. Though, it has been a few years since the last time, maybe I'd feel differently now.

Stanislav Grof wrote that, in his experience, most LSD psychotherapy patients responded best to dosages between 200 and 400 mcg, and rarely did raising the dose beyond that range increase therapeutic efficacy. He referred to 400 mcg as his experimentally observed "saturation point" (which appeared independent of body weight, interestingly enough), which is where I always believed the claim to originate.

Idk about the saturation point. But i can say, that i feel a ive been (LIGHTLY) Tripping over the last 3 days atleast whenever i smoke cannabis, its as if i took like 75ugs or somthing..I feel kinda like when the cid just starts kicking in, The floaty body buzz and kinda foggy vision. Maybe i just got a case of HPPD. But idk, i did consume 12 200ug tabs about 3 nights ago. And 3 nights before the high dose I did 400ug the first night. Then 600ug the next night, then about 32 hours later, i dropped the 2000ug... So maybe ive just been tripping lightly for days from such heavy use. Im chilling on it for now. Gunna wait afew weeks or months even untill i feel like tripping again.
Some good tabs! The first night when i took 400ug, i started with one tab, and it HIT ME HARD and then i dosed again with one more tab. So i dont wanna waste anymore tabs. If your taking more than 500ug, either your like me and personally need about 600ug to lift off, or your abusing it and wasting tabs because youve let your tolerance get too high. Just wait it out.

I mean ,dont get me wrong everyone is different. You may need 1000ug to really feel it. But I doubt that is the case if you only drop every few months. One Love and Happy Tripping!

Stanislav Grof wrote that, in his experience, most LSD psychotherapy patients responded best to dosages between 200 and 400 mcg, and rarely did raising the dose beyond that range increase therapeutic efficacy. He referred to 400 mcg as his experimentally observed "saturation point" (which appeared independent of body weight, interestingly enough), which is where I always believed the claim to originate.

Ah, was it Stanislav Grof? I haven't thought about it in quite some time. Well, regardless, it has nothing to do with a saturation of psychedelic effects as people think.