• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? XXIX : Foolsgold, your audialgasms will never be forgotten

Royal Blood at Glastonbury. These guys are the fuckin tits...

The drummer is the latter day John Bonham...

Bloody hell, just found out that King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard were on the John Peel stage this afternoon.
You at Glastonbury? You would have loved the Gizzards. So good live. I cant believe i never put you onto them earlier.

You at Glastonbury? You would have loved the Gizzards. So good live. I cant believe i never put you onto them earlier.

Nah, was I fuck. Just watching it on BBC. Would have loved to be there, but I'm not an affluent middle class hippy. Loved it when Liam Gallagher asked the crowd "are there any hippies out there? Real ones?" :)

Bad Brains Live at the height of their powers. Many people say they were for a period the best live band on the planet. I have no doubt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-wgzqTKFiE

I have forgot how to edit the link and write just what it is...can someone remind me

Last edited:
^ bad brains are siqqq man! i against i is a tuneee
and you just write it out normally, highlight it, clock the little globe with a chainlink in front of it and copy the link into the box
and if you've already linked a sentence just treat it link any block of text and edit it normally but don't totally delete it as the link needs at least one letter to sustain itself.
tl;dr just write on it normally

wonk unit - horses

horses from my window
horses in their winter clothes
its really grey in the fields today
i'm glad i'm not a ponyyyyyyyyyy

=D I remember the first time I heard that (Harold and Kumar). It was one of these excellent nights when there hadn't been any ganja in town for a few days - then some legend managed to find some fucking impeccable stuff and we spent the evening laughing our asses off. Weed is strange like that, all it takes me is one or two nights off and then I get some and it absolutely blows my mind.

I haven't had any for around five months now. I'm getting some for a festival at the end of the month and I'm looking forward to smoking just as much as seeing Queens of the Stone Age haha.. Looking forward to it so much, I never get to do stuff like that anymore and all my friends have 'grown up' and changed cities and had kids and got married so I was stoked when they spontaneously suggested coming to the coast for a week and going to see some music :)

OT: Hopefully get to see these guys as well. Their music is kind of faux-new wave, but in a fun way, (not hipster-ish)

Ha ha ha that was in Harold an Kumar? Sham remembers it from Evad and I think of American dad when I hear it.

Get some footage of the gig man! Hope you have an amazing time!!

I cannot believe I'm posting a Wurzels song, but heard this on the radio earlier & think its GENIUS!
(Can't remember if I'm allowed to post the actual vid & can't remember how to put the title into the link once you've copied the URL into the link button, so apologies if I'm being BAAD & my laziness makes modwork)

/\ This just convinces me harder how much of a genius Jarvis Cocker really is. Even the Wurzels can't ruin one of his songs.

I feel totally safe mentioning Jarvis Cocker in the same breath as Ray Davies.

I cannot believe I'm posting a Wurzels song, but heard this on the radio earlier & think its GENIUS!
(Can't remember if I'm allowed to post the actual vid & can't remember how to put the title into the link once you've copied the URL into the link button, so apologies if I'm being BAAD & my laziness makes modwork)

Actually, I was quite disappointed with that. I was expecting them to have at least changed the lyrics to some hilarious story about having sex with bullocks. Instead, it's just a substandard cover.

/\ This just convinces me harder how much of a genius Jarvis Cocker really is. Even the Wurzels can't ruin one of his songs.

I feel totally safe mentioning Jarvis Cocker in the same breath as Ray Davies.

Agreed. Ever since Jarvis showed his arse when Michael (I'm not a paedo) Jackson was performing at the Brits, he's been a hero of mine. Plus they did some fuckin good tracks.

Ever since Jarvis showed his arse when Michael (I'm not a paedo) Jackson was performing at the Brits, he's been a hero of mine. Plus they did some fuckin good tracks.
Why is it so hard for some people to handle the concept of two people sharing a bed and absolutely nothing sexual happening between them?

Anyway, now you've mentioned it, https://youtu.be/QwFfXnGIQ1M .....

Why is it so hard for some people to handle the concept of two people sharing a bed and absolutely nothing sexual happening between them?

Anyway, now you've mentioned it, https://youtu.be/QwFfXnGIQ1M .....

I don't think the concept is hard to handle, but for any adult to think that it's acceptable to sleep in a bed with a child they're not related to, especially when there are other beds available, without the consent of the parents is beyond my comprehension, whether anything sexual occurred or not (Sharing a bed with my own kid is bad enough when we're staying somewhere with one bed, I can't imagine actually wanting to share a bed with any child unless I had to, the wriggly little early-waking shits. There again, I'm not an alleged paedophile)

Goddam you Julie, I just had to do some research on the matter as I had no idea of the details of it all......quick Wiki skim-through, still none the wiser really.....was he an innocent, fucked-up man re-living his lost childhood in the company of other children, whose parents then tried to cash in on fabricated sexual abuse accusations, or was he actually a chronic paedophile who abused children for years, using his fame & money to protect him from prosecution & conviction?

Obviously the people involved know the truth, but doubt it will ever be public knowledge.....whatever happened, it's a fucked-up sad life & world he lived in.....Oh god you weren't referring to Jarvis wanting to 'sleep with people like you' were you?!

Actually, I was quite disappointed with that. I was expecting them to have at least changed the lyrics to some hilarious story about having sex with bullocks. Instead, it's just a substandard cover.

I don't think the Wurzels can actually write songs to be fair, so just do funny bumpkin covers in their 'Scrumpy & Western' style
Oh ffs, I just remembered 'Combine Harvester' & thought they must have written that & off I go again on a long-winded fact-checking mission, bloody stim-enhanced ocd. Won't bore with details, but they did have a songwriter, who died after falling asleep at the wheel of his MGB sports car which then overturned on a roundabout approaching the Severn Bridge. He was returning alone from a Wurzels show in Hereford in May 1974. He is buried in Nailsea.
'Combine Harvester' was a re-working of someone else's song, so Fubar, you are correct, they could have fucking changed it a bit, point proven, case dismissed

Ever since Jarvis showed his arse when Michael (I'm not a paedo) Jackson was performing at the Brits, he's been a hero of mine. Plus they did some fuckin good tracks.

I was obsessed with Jarvis even before that and had a load of little fantasy stories about him going on in my head (Reminder to self that something I thought I'd stopped doing in teens, was actually still going on in my twenties, but dirtier & with more drugs)

He said something on the radio the other day though that slightly disappointed me about him (I haven't fantasised about him for decades, but still thought he was awesome) but I can't remember what it was, just deflated my little Jarvis-fan balloon slightly

Sorry, I'm going to stop waffling in this thread now......BACK TO THE MUSIC!