• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

I have after finishing a 250gram bag of it and it was awful, I almost got over the effects then my 4 bottles of 90- 500mg pills arrived and I fell right back into it's fake loving arms, this is a drug to be taken for job interviews and uncomfortable gatherings, not every day and believe me I started out that way but fell right into the trap of daily use of over 3 grams and now I have pains in most of my arm muscles and arm pits plus the back and front of the top legs. do yourself a favor use it for special occasions if uncomfortable for you, first dates if uncomfortable for you, job interview, company parties if uncomfortable and deaths in the family and you will control phenibut or Phenibut will control you and you will make up any excuse to take it.

You know I get the weird pains from regular phenibut use too. Every day, phew, nope. I have found that even every 3rd day produces light dependence in me... most recently I've been doing every third day for a while after quitting for months and I start to get that rebound anxiety a little before the next dose. It really is a great thing if used from time to time, not with regularity

The withdrawal sucks but it's not the worst by any means. If you're still on it daily, I suggest you cut it to every other day and do that for a while, then every third day and do that for a while, and then just stop. It won't be too bad.

I just trashed about 80 grams as I too was experiencing some odd pains. During my last stint I thought I was experiencing lower back pain from deadlifting but I realized at work today that the pain is radiating from both sides of my spine in my lower back...feels a lot like kidney pain...which is fucking scary. I have also been experiencing night sweats since I’ve quit opiates but when I take phenibut I wake up smelling like a cat pissed on me from sweating out the chemical I guess? All of this from using 2 grams a day for about a week. Definitely not worth it. I will say I don’t really mind the sour taste but I worry it may be eroding my enamel.

Last edited:
I’ve no first hand experience but most report as less acidic but also much less effective.

In regards to acidity I've found taking Phenibut with apple cider vinegar, or an acidic stomach in general, boosts efficacy.

And Xorkoth, I'm so glad you mentioned getting slight withdrawals/rebound effects with three days in between. I've been taking Phenibut semi-regularly with 2-3 days in between, and after reading your comment was able to pinpoint why my well-being/stability was swinging a bit more than I'd like.

Okay, haven?t redosed til today because I have a challenging social engagement later and could really use a good Phenibut ?glow.? About an hour ago I did 1.75g with some ginger ale for acidity and just now did another 500mg along with choline, l-theanine, and caffeine and sure enough, I?m buzzing nicely! I?m going to wait another couple of hours and do 500mg more to top-up as my public speaking event is at 7:30pm.

I'd maybe avoid the last 500mg, whenever I'm buzzing nicely and then take more, in about 3 hours it becomes perfect. If I take more at that point it becomes too much a few hours after that.

I didn?t do the last half G and let me tell you, the phenibut worked its magic when I needed it most! I had to socialize before and after a 6-minute talk and it went flawlessly. I even got applause. Couldn?t have asked for better results! I?m not taking any more til Sunday morning now. Thanks guys.

Nice! Goes to show how useful phenibut is when taken appropriately.

Yea I've found now that my life is much, much better and fulfilling on it's own, that Phenibut only amplifies what is already there - for the most part. It's magnitudes more enjoyable, euphoric, and generally amazing now that I'm doing things I really enjoy.

Yeah it's an enhancer, it doesn't get you high on its own really, or at least you might not notice if you're sitting around doing nothing, it just sort of facilitates everything.

Great read... as others around here. I ordered some phenibut but look to employ in order to take kratom breaks. Hope I don't have to take opi for pain... have a love/hate relationship to opi (the reason for kratom use daily). Seems I have doubled my dosage of kratom to about 8 grams a day overnight (from 4 in the beginning). Hoping to keep my usage to once a week and keep dose low. If I feel it will be an issue I have already boo-ed myself up and don't see a problem with just tossing it or giving it away.
Poring over posts like this as knowing your enemy/lover is half the battle --- GI Joe! LOL (paraphrased).
Thanks,
Ptah

Had perhaps my most powerful dosing Saturday morning that made what would have been a very challenging social situation a lot of fun and the 2g does last through the weekend. I listened to music all weekend and, as usual, it was amazing on the phenibut!

One thing I?ve noticed is that instead of experiencing extra intoxication while drinking alcohol on this stuff, i experience no more or potentially even less. I can?t explain it.

Also, remember if you?re a newb, this shit stacks beautifully with choline, caffeine and l-theanine!

Thanks! That was an excellent and exhaustive read about Phenibut for someone thinking about trying it.

This once-every-7-to-10 days thing I?m doing is working fabulously. Zero side effects and the social, sexual and musical benefits are just amazing. Can?t say it enough. I?m holding steady at 2g.

Yeah once a week is very sustainable and maximizes the benefits. I have picked up an every third day habit again and feel a bit shitty when I stop... hoping I don't have to deal with residual stuff for weeks again. I haven't gone more than 4 days in a while. I've had a lot to deal with for a while in terms of having to watch loved ones in pain/struggling badly and it's been really hard to deal with.

By the way I may not have posted about this, but like 6 months ago I got off phenibut, I had been dosing every 2 days, then every 3 days for quite a while, then every 4 days a few times and then off. I had residual anxiety and trouble sleeping for almost a month... this was after a year of dosing every 2 days and then every 3 days for a year. Or something like that. It wasn't too bad overall but it was pretty annoying, I found myself thinking negative thoughts obsessively sometimes and I'd have to catch myself.

Had perhaps my most powerful dosing Saturday morning that made what would have been a very challenging social situation a lot of fun and the 2g does last through the weekend. I listened to music all weekend and, as usual, it was amazing on the phenibut!

One thing I?ve noticed is that instead of experiencing extra intoxication while drinking alcohol on this stuff, i experience no more or potentially even less. I can?t explain it.

Also, remember if you?re a newb, this shit stacks beautifully with choline, caffeine and l-theanine!

I agree, to me alcohol seems to really dampen the effects. I remember reading to expect potentiation, but that really isn't the case for me.

Yeah once a week is very sustainable and maximizes the benefits. I have picked up an every third day habit again and feel a bit shitty when I stop... hoping I don't have to deal with residual stuff for weeks again. I haven't gone more than 4 days in a while. I've had a lot to deal with for a while in terms of having to watch loved ones in pain/struggling badly and it's been really hard to deal with.

By the way I may not have posted about this, but like 6 months ago I got off phenibut, I had been dosing every 2 days, then every 3 days for quite a while, then every 4 days a few times and then off. I had residual anxiety and trouble sleeping for almost a month... this was after a year of dosing every 2 days and then every 3 days for a year. Or something like that. It wasn't too bad overall but it was pretty annoying, I found myself thinking negative thoughts obsessively sometimes and I'd have to catch myself.

I feel for you, man. I?m fortunate in that I don?t feel any dependence at all and TBH a big part of that is probably thanks to you detailing in this thread what to do and not do. I can imagine without this I would have jumped in the deep end headfirst. I really like dosing first thing Saturday morning and feeling it all weekend but next week I have another little speaking deal on Tuesday so I?m going to dose late morning Tuesday.

It?s just amazing how I get so positive, articulate and genuinely interested in helping and empathizing with people on phenibut. And sex and music? Indescribable.

I?m determined to keep tolerance and dependence at bay. A very big part of that (I?d imagine) is nutrition, tons of water and good sleep.

I?m also curious how many of you stack with choline and Theanine? I was highly recommended this at Nootropic Depot when I bought the phenibut.

So thought I?d report a couple of things, assuming there?s someone out there who?ll come along devouring any bits of anecdotal data they can get on this stuff like I did.

Yesterday I was feeling overwhelmingly negative and anti-social which totally sucked because I was alone with my wife all afternoon and was feeling a need to be alone and not interact with anyone, something she has a hard time understanding and tends to take personally. Additionally I had a looming speaking bit scheduled for about 8 pm that made me more nervous than I?ve been in years.

Around 1:15 pm I dosed 2g of phenibut along with 1g of choline.

Within 90 minutes I feel the nudge toward positive thinking and the urge to have conversation. The glow builds comfortably and all afternoon and evening leading to my public speaking bit I was extremely clearheaded, social, articulate and calm. It was just exactly what I needed!

Second observation: I?ve noticed that every single time I?ve dosed now, the morning after includes mindblowing morning sex. Is there much better in this world?

Xorkoth, I?m very much wishing there was a daily pill I could take to maintain this glow. If phenibut speaks so well to me, what logically might that solution be? Any ideas?