• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

Got it! I'll certainly make sure I don't post sources again thanks :).

Thanks man, I have the F.A.A. form so it's fine powder not crystals. But I'll assume it's about 500mg too.

As for the Kratom, I definitely will take care. I have a schedule planned that I intend to keep. Day 1 Phenibut morning use. Day 2 Kratom night use. Day 3 Rest Day/Nothing. Repeat with another 2 days rest afterwards. So I'll be using both twice a week. With a total of 3 off days of no use per week. And I know to keep the doses under 5g a day for Kratom/under 2g for Phenibut. That way helping ensure I hopefully don't experience tolerance build up or withdrawal.

But as I'm sure we all feel. I do have feelings/tendencies of wanting to use something daily. I'm debating finding a third substance. Preferably legal/with least negative side effects. To use on my third day. So as I don't find reason to overuse Phenibut or Kratom. I've looked at a few things like L theanine and Kava. Any suggestions?

Ah yes, the old "want to take something every day" thing. I certainly experience it. I actually really enjoy sobriety too, I just get that little voice, hey, this is good but it would be BETTER with...

I use marijuana, don't know if you like that or if it works for you but it's a great option for something at basically any usage frequency (I mean being stoned all the time is pointless and negative after a while, but even using a bit daily has been very sustainable for me). Kava is very mild but maybe a good choice. L-theanine has some calming effects but is hardly what I'd call a high.

Also my friend got fine powder phenibut (not the FAA but powderized HCl) and he said he weighed the orange scoop and it was 250-300mg, so I wouldn't assume a scoop of the FAA is 500mg, the FAA also must have at least a somewhat different molecular weight so it will likely either be heavier or lighter by volume than the HCl. Honestly I'd recommend getting a cheap milligram scale, you can get the AWS Gemini-20 from eBay or Amazon for $20-$25, then you'll know for sure.

I always get the "fine crystals" of the HCl phenibut, that ends up being ~500mg per level orange scoop.

Haha. Yeah, me and marijuana have a history. Quite rather enjoyed my use. Never had a negative experience. I use to use a dry herb vaporizer. Alas, due to circumstances marijuana is not an option for me anymore. Outside recreational use with friends on the occasional is feasible. But daily or any usage really where I live can't happen anymore.

Yeah I'll probably end up buying a scale or seeing if my buddy has an accurate one to test the orange scoop with FAA Phenibut.

Thanks yet again for the insight Xorkoth! You're a wealth of knowledge. I'll do some digging around on the forums and online.

No problem. :) Yeah as long as it's accurate to at least .01g it'll be fine. If it's only accurate to .1g, it's not sufficient because it could vary by +/- 100 or 200mg. Always assume except with the most sensitive lab scales that the number can vary by +/- 2. So if it only shows in .1g increments, if it says .5 it could be anywhere from .3 to .7 (300-700mg). With a .01g scale, reading .50 could be anywhere from .48 to .52 (480 to 520mg). With a .001g scale (which if you get one is what you should get since they're not really even more expensive), .500g could be anywhere from .498 to .502g (498 to 502mg).

Like many here, I’ve spent hundreds of hours devouring trip reports and to say I’ve found it entertaining would be an understatement of epic proportions. Utterly fascinating and astonishing is more appropriate. And in all of my reading the one user I’ve appreciated most is Xorkoth. This thread has been a very big help to me.

When I have more time I’m going to come back and tell more but long story short I’ve been self-medicating and searching for sustainable substances to help with mood stabilization and, for lack of a better term, social anxiety. Yesterday, after probably 50 hours or research (consisting mainly of reading anecdotal reports) I received $200 worth of Phenibut stack and started with 750 mgs taken with lemon water at 6:30 (along with the stack - more later) and I just had to come this morning and report my “trip.”

By 7:45 I was bawls deep in un-fucking-believable morning sex and by 8:30 I was having a thoroughly enjoyable social experience with family members that typically would cause me a deal of anxiety. I came back to my room mid-morning to listen to music and oh my gawd. Music to me is a religious experience (when I lost literally everything in my life, music brought me back from the brink) so I’m used to profound but on this shit music is mind-blowing on a whole new level and so is sex.

All day and til now it was impossible for me to have a negative thought but it felt totally natural, not a shit-eating-grin-wearing word-puking obnoxious high but a firm nudge toward positivity and sincere interest in everyone around me. A 10-out-of-10 experience.

More later. Xorkoth, I sense that you and I could share some adult beverages and while away many hours in pleasant conversation. Much thanks for everything, my friend. I hope everything you’ve done for others comes back to you a million times over. Thank you.

I would say phenibut produces a mild to moderate hypomanic state

Exactly what I thought, reading the first pharagraph of the effects!

Thankful for the synopsis.

Wow thanks, that's probably one of the best compliments I've ever received Anabasis. :) I'm really glad you have gotten so much from my reports.

I'm gonna have some awesome phenibut night sex tonight after I pick my girlfriend up from the airport... she's been gone for almost 2 months, it's on!

Wow thanks, that's probably one of the best compliments I've ever received Anabasis. :) I'm really glad you have gotten so much from my reports.

I'm gonna have some awesome phenibut night sex tonight after I pick my girlfriend up from the airport... she's been gone for almost 2 months, it's on!

Oh, hell yeah.

“We gonna be making twins tonight, baby”

I see this thread mostly contains positive reviews of phenibut, but I know some people don't have such glowing experiences - I am one of these people. I've ordered it twice now (once FAA and once HCL) and taken it several times but have only got a noticeable reaction one time. I decided to go for broke and attempt 4g (my successful dose was 2.5g with a 1g booster in the afternoon) on an empty stomach and have felt absolutely nothing. I'm not a particularly big guy and I have no tolerance to gabaergic or other drugs, but I just can't seem to get a response. I won't be buying it again because 4g seems like a lot of a chemical to put in my body if it's not doing anything remarkable. I'm curious as to what people are like who have similarly poor reactions. Some things about myself that may or not matter:

I have low levels of anxiety in my day to day life, and when the feelings do arise it's usually an easily traceable cause (falling behind on research, neglected social life, etc). Is it known if the effects of an anxiolytic drug are less perceptible to people without baseline anxiety? My one successful dosage occurred after a very stressful event in my life, and I am seriously considering that the feeling of well-being was a result of my natural coming to terms with my guilt, helped by a placebo effect of a drug I heard would make me feel better.

I have a strange (re: addictive) response to alcohol, the only other gabaergic drug I have experience with. After a couple drinks, I would almost uncontrollably continue until blackout but the blackouts were happening quickly and consistently. For the last year or so, I barely remember feeling drunk because I seemingly fell of a cliff from sober to blackout. Although I haven't touched alcohol in weeks, could my excessive drinking have altered my neurochemistry such that phenibut is not effective (except possibly at mega doses beyond what I'm willing to try)?

Finally, many reports mention heightened sociability, which I also didn't seem to experience. This could be for several reasons: I'm not particularly uncomfortable in social situations to begin with, and with my current life I don't have many social encounters except on the phone. I don't think it's simply a matter of wrong setting - you still feel MDMA if you're not dancing, and I still get high if I'm not watching Planet Earth. I would expect that if phenibut is truly psychoactive for me I would notice it, even if I'm not testing it in the right environment.

I of course don't mean to discredit the experiences of others, but my experiences suggest that this truly is a nootropic, rather than recreational drug. Many of the positive reports I've read are from people who struggle with anxiety/withdrawal/malaise and feel a noticeable improvement to their baseline, but perhaps my baseline is not low enough in the particular ways that phenibut can elevate it. I'm looking for a drug to occasionally alter my mind that's not alcohol, and with no connection to proper drugs I gave phenibut a try - a decision I now believe was a mistake, as its uses seem to be productive vs recreational. Satisfied users, feel free to jeer at my failed attempt to use a tool as a toy, and those who've used it recreationally with success, I envy you.

I of course don't mean to discredit the experiences of others, but my experiences suggest that this truly is a nootropic, rather than recreational drug. Many of the positive reports I've read are from people who struggle with anxiety/withdrawal/malaise and feel a noticeable improvement to their baseline, but perhaps my baseline is not low enough in the particular ways that phenibut can elevate it. I'm looking for a drug to occasionally alter my mind that's not alcohol, and with no connection to proper drugs I gave phenibut a try - a decision I now believe was a mistake, as its uses seem to be productive vs recreational. Satisfied users, feel free to jeer at my failed attempt to use a tool as a toy, and those who've used it recreationally with success, I envy you.

This is definitely not the case, if only for the fact that phenibut can induce withdrawals and has noticeable and significant tolerance issues.

Phenibut has a noticeable effect on me and my baseline is pretty damn good. I think you're making too far reaching of a conclusion based on your singular experience contrasted with that of the majority.

Which is not to say I disregard your experience and it's validity, only the objective conclusions you've come to about the drug itself.

Thanks for replying. My belief is that individual chemistry plays a big part in this drug because I have heard of others who get no effects at all. I've also heard of people who find it sort of like GHB, where it gets them really fucked up for a few hours and then it's over. A friend on Bluelight said that for him it was like GHB but with even worse withdrawals, shaking, hallucinations, etc. For me the withdrawals are pretty mild. It seems like most people I meet have effects like I describe in this report, but definitely not everyone.

For me it takes a good 4 hours to really set in and lasts all day, or at a high dose, even more than a day. I don't really have any baseline levels of anxiety, and I'm comfortable socially normally too. For me it's definitely recreational because regardless of how I'm feeling it greatly amplifies sociability, and produces euphoria. It's a reliable and very noticeable effect. It makes me somewhat hypomanic, very confident, and I just feel great and everything seems a lot more, just, awesome. It reminds me of alcohol a bit except without the intoxication, and also different besides that.

Bummer it doesn't work for you, but at least now you know. :)

This is definitely not the case, if only for the fact that phenibut can induce withdrawals and has noticeable and significant tolerance issues.

Phenibut has a noticeable effect on me and my baseline is pretty damn good. I think you're making too far reaching of a conclusion based on your singular experience contrasted with that of the majority.

Which is not to say I disregard your experience and it's validity, only the objective conclusions you've come to about the drug itself.

I actually didn't mean to draw objective conclusions about the drug, only about its effects on me - I was interested precisely because my reaction was so different than the majority in this thread. I also thought maybe I was feeling the effects but couldn't identify them because I didn't have anything else to compare it to. For instance, I keep seeing that it's like being drunk without intoxication but... I thought those were synonymous? Apparently not!

I appreciate your (and Xorkoth's) comments about not having baseline anxiety and still feeling an effect. I think that was a dumb theory, but trying to google "do anti-anxiety drugs work if I don't have anxiety" wasn't exactly giving the results I hoped for. Anyway, glad people enjoy it, just thought I'd comment because it's very fascinating to me that a drug that produces such an effect in others could be completely unnoticed by me upwards of 4x the dosage! Must be true about the individual chemistry factor, just wish I knew how.

Did a gram about five hours with choline and have had a steady drip of caffeine going all day. Listening to music right now and holy shit this is beautiful. Going to post more about my stack as soon as I get it tweaked.

I actually didn't mean to draw objective conclusions about the drug, only about its effects on me - I was interested precisely because my reaction was so different than the majority in this thread. I also thought maybe I was feeling the effects but couldn't identify them because I didn't have anything else to compare it to. For instance, I keep seeing that it's like being drunk without intoxication but... I thought those were synonymous? Apparently not!

I appreciate your (and Xorkoth's) comments about not having baseline anxiety and still feeling an effect. I think that was a dumb theory, but trying to google "do anti-anxiety drugs work if I don't have anxiety" wasn't exactly giving the results I hoped for. Anyway, glad people enjoy it, just thought I'd comment because it's very fascinating to me that a drug that produces such an effect in others could be completely unnoticed by me upwards of 4x the dosage! Must be true about the individual chemistry factor, just wish I knew how.

No worries :) I'm curious about what experience you have with other GABA-ergics considering your reaction to "it's like being drunk without intoxication"?

When I say "drunk without the intoxication", I mean that aspects of the effects of alcohol are present, such as the increased sociability, euphoria, and smooth body feeling/simultaneous stimulation and relaxation, without the reduction in impulse control, uncoordination, judgment problems and general stupefying effect.

Thank you so much for this read. I haven't had much luck with phenibut but I wasn't really measuring it out. I should also keep some logs tracking my doses, what I have eaten, etc.

Gonna give it another go in the fear nuture.