• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time taking xanax and thinking about taking with four loko

Thekookgirl

Greenlighter
Okay so if someone were to take a .5mg of generic Xanax for the first time and later on drink a four loko, would that be fine?

It's generally not advised to mix the two especially if you have no prior experience to xanax, but .5mg is a low dose and xanax doesn't last very long in the first place. HR says don't do it. But realistically if you wait a few hours in between and don't chug that 4loko you will be fine.

Just be aware that alcohol's effects (especially the unpredictable ones) will be increased by adding a benzo to the mix.
I don't know what 4loko is exactly (some sugary alco-pop?) but it's advisable to only take a combo like this somewhere safe where poor decision making and potential vulnerability won't get you into trouble.
In other words - at home, a familiar place and in the company of friends, rather than a random night out.
Because chances of doing something you'll regret (or have no memory of doing the day after) are dramatically increased mixing benzos and booze.
As the above post said, the combo is generally not recommended, but if you keep the doses low it is not likely to cause a letha overdose (to give an extreme example)

In my experience NO it would not be fine. Both those substances hit hard and fast and while 0.5mg seems like a small amount, to a benzo naive individual it is not small. Xanax is also notorious for blacking out people who overdo it, as is 4Loco-even from one can-It is not like other alcoholic beverages. To put it in perspective I had a high tolerance level and two 4 Loco's and a few of my regular meds blacked me out for a day and a half and got me kicked out of a rodeo. Yeah Xanax is short acting but it's stays in your system a while and IMO of all the alcohols and all the benzos this is the most dangerous combination! I would not recommend it to someone with high tolerance levels even. It was also the hangover/comedown from hell.

Does 4loco have taurine in it?
Taurine potentiates GABA agonist drugs (which benzos and alcohol both are) so - so if it does, it's probably a bad idea, as the poster above says.

It's generally not advised to mix the two especially if you have no prior experience to xanax, but .5mg is a low dose and xanax doesn't last very long in the first place. HR says don't do it. But realistically if you wait a few hours in between and don't chug that 4loko you will be fine.
How long does it take to start feeling the Xanax and how long does it last?

*Harm Reduction!*

Okay so if someone were to take a .5mg of generic Xanax for the first time and later on drink a four loko, would that be fine?
Just like what the others are saying, mixing CNS depressants is risky and can cause you to OD a lot easier than just drinking the four loco or just popping the Xanax by themselves. Also never ever snort xanax no matter what others say; it will not get you high or even buzzed, you'd just waste a xanax doing so. I personally think you should take the xanax first and see how you feel and then take a good hard look at that four loco and think to yourself if you really need it or not IMO I wouldn't drink that shit espically while on xanax. You won't remember shit, may black out, may end up in jail, hurt yourself, OD, etc... Be safe and take one step at a time before it's too late... IMO like I said just pop the xanax and if you have more xanax and don't feel as buzzed as you want off that .5 then just take another .5 and wait. Be safe hope this helps you man; I've had many friends who've died from drinking then taking xanax or on xanax then start drinking while on another CNS depressant. This is just my personal thought on this topic. Listen to me and the others who are trying to help, this is your first time taking xanax man so don't let it be your last...

.5 of Xanax with no tolerance is asking for trouble mixing with alcohol

How long does it take to start feeling the Xanax and how long does it last?
If you take it on an empty stomach, it should start to hit you within a half hour or so. Have you ever had four loco before? I would avoid taking Xanax with alcohol, especially your first time.

Yo.. Did this one time! Never again!!! EVER! I don't drink anymore at all anyways but once I took a lil more than 0.5mg, it was more like 2-4mg of xanax, I believe.. and drank a four loco like 30 mins after and wow, that was the only black out I ever experienced! It scared the shit outta me... I was so destroyed I passed out in my friends garage, and apparently his dad came home my friend and his brother had to drag me to their car, passed out. Woke up the next morning with no recollection of what had happened after the four loco and I was in some random friend, of my friends house... like where the fuck am I??? and my friend that brought me there, told me everything. Had the worst hangover too, I was throwing up all morning the next day.. it sucked! I would tread very lightly with that particular combination there!

Yo.. Did this one time! Never again!!! EVER! I don't drink anymore at all anyways but once I took a lil more than 0.5mg, it was more like 2-4mg of xanax, I believe.. and drank a four loco like 30 mins after and wow, that was the only black out I ever experienced! It scared the shit outta me... I was so destroyed I passed out in my friends garage, and apparently his dad came home my friend and his brother had to drag me to their car, passed out. Woke up the next morning with no recollection of what had happened after the four loco and I was in some random friend, of my friends house... like where the fuck am I??? and my friend that brought me there, told me everything. Had the worst hangover too, I was throwing up all morning the next day.. it sucked! I would tread very lightly with that particular combination there!
This is why I explained to not drink on benzo's especially xanax. It's really stupid and that's how you end up fucked over or in jail, etc... Fucking blows and makes xanax look worse due to the amount of younger people mixing it with everything they do and then end up totally fucked or doing something extremely fucking retarded...

That is why I only take Xanax on occasion, if there is no other benzo around and I somehow run out of my script to early, and take it in small enough doses, I know I can handle.. I don't drink at all anymore, whatsoever! I hate alcohol!!! much prefer drugs to alcohol... and the drugs I take on a regular basis combined(buprenorphine, klonopin, and amphetamine) are way less destructive than alcohol... I hate it and what it has done to some of my friends, and lots of my family! My dad and my brother are both alcoholics and they can be very hard to deal with, I had a bit of fun with alcohol in my teenage years like most people, but as I got in my 20s I gave it up totally, without a bother.

I'm not condoning it, as you never know what will happen but, in my experience and to my knowledge you should be safe. I've takin benzos mixed with painkillers and alcohol in relatively high dosages and was fine. But definately DO NOT DRIVE. Alcohol will potentiate the xanax just be careful.

If you take it on an empty stomach, it should start to hit you within a half hour or so. Have you ever had four loco before? I would avoid taking Xanax with alcohol, especially your first time.
okay, do you know how long it last as well? And yes I've had four lokos before.

Just like what the others are saying, mixing CNS depressants is risky and can cause you to OD a lot easier than just drinking the four loco or just popping the Xanax by themselves. Also never ever snort xanax no matter what others say; it will not get you high or even buzzed, you'd just waste a xanax doing so. I personally think you should take the xanax first and see how you feel and then take a good hard look at that four loco and think to yourself if you really need it or not IMO I wouldn't drink that shit espically while on xanax. You won't remember shit, may black out, may end up in jail, hurt yourself, OD, etc... Be safe and take one step at a time before it's too late... IMO like I said just pop the xanax and if you have more xanax and don't feel as buzzed as you want off that .5 then just take another .5 and wait. Be safe hope this helps you man; I've had many friends who've died from drinking then taking xanax or on xanax then start drinking while on another CNS depressant. This is just my personal thought on this topic. Listen to me and the others who are trying to help, this is your first time taking xanax man so don't let it be your last...
Alright thanks. I'm thinking about just taking the Xanax depending on how I feel. Would it be any better if I just drink like two three beers? Or is that also still terrible idea.

Mixing xanax with alcohol is a bad idea if you've never taken xanax before.

Certainly not too low.
But if you're expecting to get recreational effects from xanax at any dose, i'd say you're going to be disappointed.
It gives relief from anxiety, that's about it.
If you're not an anxious person, it may well do nothing for you, in the sense of having a pleasurable response.

Ugh just take them separately on different days. I wouldn't risk a blackout for anything. I may be a little extra worried when it comes to benzos and mixing because I just had a close friend die from xanax. She was a long time poly-drug user and knew what she was doing. She met this shady guy who was supplying her with all sorts of pills. Apparently he received these clandestine pressed Xanax that were double dosed. So 4mg instead of 2mg. Nobody knows if the guy knew what he had or not. Nobody knows if he was the one who got them from a certain online illicit marketplace or if he got them from someone else. But either way he didn't let my friend know and she unknowingly took a double dose and she never woke up. She went to take a nap with her 2 year old daughter and never woke up. Her mother found her dead in her bed. She was such a kind and loving person and fun to he around. She loved life and her family and had tons of friends. It's sad to lose somebody that way. It seems really messed up and honestly could've happened to anybody and probably HAS happened again. I don't trust Xanax with all the fake bars going around these days.

It's a scary thought to think what you have is a genuine pharmaceutical but could easily turn out to be an illicitly pressed pill. You just never know these days and not waking up one day is not worth the risk to me. I hope you would feel the same about yourself.

One of my personal rules is that I never mix downers with downers. Hell, I rarely ever mix anything together unless I know it has been done before and is safe for ME. Everyone is different and drugs affect people differently so be careful.