• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time taking xanax and thinking about taking with four loko

Taking a .5 without tolerance on an empty stomach is enough to cause mood altering effects that even if mixed with alcohol can cause maybe too strong a kick...be careful!

Certainly not too low.
But if you're expecting to get recreational effects from xanax at any dose, i'd say you're going to be disappointed.
It gives relief from anxiety, that's about it.
If you're not an anxious person, it may well do nothing for you, in the sense of having a pleasurable response.
THIS is spot on! The benzo "high" is not even close to what an opioid high feels like IMO. I deem Xanax the most recreational benzo I've tried as far as feeling "something" when it's taken solo but that "something" is just a noticeable reduction in anxiety/relaxed sensation (I have anxiety, PTSD, and panic attacks) but to get any real intensity in that regard was pushing the blackout phase where either or both of these events occurred: total amnesia and continuing to take pills thinking I could feel even more relaxed both of which are extremely dangerous and have/could have resulted in embarrassing and physically harmful effects. You go from being normal to being fucked up without realizing you're fucked up instantaneously. Benzos are drugs intended to reduce anxiety and they do that well, though some at the expense of increased anxiety in the comedown. They are among the worst drugs to develop a habit for as the wds are extreme and unlike most other drugs, they can be fatal if not tapered appropriately. Frankly OTC cough medicine is more recreational but I'm not encouraging that-just saying that if you wanna feel a buzz or get high then you are using the wrong substance.