• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kratom to be banned soon by DEA! How will it affect USA? v All kratom talk goes here!

1. What's the risk or harm to public with kratom for its scheduling?

2. When is the ban and is it in the States or Canada as well?

p.s. maybe a petition will help keep it legal, arguably because its a plant.

1) NOTHING, but who really cares right?

Making it illegal will keep big pharma happy and keep the prison system running with junkies who also shouldn't be there cause putting something in your own body without harming others shouldn't be a crime.

I read most of the DEA's proposal and they are stating Kratom is an "imminent threat to public safety" and that it's caused multiple deaths but mostly they are mentioning Krypton Kratom which had all sorts of other dangerous chemicals in it that were the culprit.

2) the ban begins September 30 and so far isn't hitting Canada, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it won't.

And no, I'm gonna be realistic, a petition won't matter.

No one cares it's a plant, weed's a plant too and isn't that schedule one??

The entire Drug War is EVIL, the DEA is EVIL, the FDA might be partially evil as well, the prison system is evil and corrupt, a large percentage of law enforcement that ISN'T only arresting people for violent crimes and theft is corrupt, and god knows how much of the rest of our government is corrupt.

No one really cares about personal rights in the end.

If you can prove your personal rights aren't stopping the government from making money you are allowed to keep them.

But if it's your personal rights vs the governments ability to make a lot of money off of taking them away then your rights will be gone within 2 seconds flat.

I'm not even sure I feel safe stocking up and having that much of a schedule one substance in my house and i bet the DEA will be trying to find out as much as possible about those people who purchase Kratom within the next month as well.

Honestly, I like most of the people I've met on this forum but I almost wish I'd never discovered bluelight at all.

Coming here led to my immediately discovering and falling in love with Kratom only to have it taken away 2 years later which was the perfect amount of time for me to get really into it.

I wish I'd never discovered Kratom at all cause now I just have to remember how great it was when it's gone.

I heard the DEA's decision isnt final yet, its only a proposal so far. So there's a glimmer of hope it might not go through

Meh...

The U.S. government is a corporate cash cow now. Nobody cares about human rights as long as financial donors get to rake it in.

I know someone in the U.S. who uses kratom for arthritic pain and now they're going to have to go back to oxy or some other crap again. Such a shame. I pray for justice, even if it's not in my lifetime.

Does kratom really work with opiate withdrawals? Ive heard different opinions but i have heard some people swear by it for withdrawals. Ive taken it before, not for withdrawals, but just to see what all the talk was about and it didnt do anything to me, not that i noticed anyway.

I only tried it once for heroin withdrawal and it does work. The problem is that you have to re-dose a lot and jut eat a shitload of it. Extracts would probably be better in that regard. But honestly, if I had a choice, I'd go with suboxone over kratom - assuming I'd only be taking the subs for a few days. Actually, I'd probably use a combination of the two just to reduce the amount of sub.

Can anybody PM me a good bulk vendor? I'd like to buy a couple pounds. I'm scared everybody's gonna sell out and I don't get paid for over a week.

This is a bunch of bullshit. Kratom kept me on the straight and narrow. The DEA banning this stuff might honestly cause me to use heroin again. I won't have a daily habit again (hopefully), but I know there will be times when I want to get high and will probably end up back at the dealer's house. Fuck the DEA. There is no reasonable basis behind this, whatsoever.

The last thing I am worried about is the DEA tracking me down because I have had several packages of kratom delivered to me while it was legal. I had other illegal drugs in my residence years ago... and never worried. I mean... if your worried about a stash of kratom, just don't draw attention to yourself.

I currently take prescribed opiates, but in my arsenal of drugs/solutions for any unplanned cold turkey withdrawal experience, I am not only keeping my little bit of kratom, but am going to round up my extra $$ between now and about September 20th (need to allow for time for shipping the kratom to my house) so that I have a couple week's worth to use to mitigate any symptoms of w/d. I cannot fathom the lack of common sense being used that the DEA would devote manpower and dollars to making kratom illegal.... of course, big pharma or something/someone else is behind this... I hate the word "stupid"... it is one the worst words, to me, to use. But placing Kratom in the category of a Scheduled 1 drug is just plain stupid to me.

Bit of a silly question here, but I'm curious (never used kratom) and I think it will be simple enough to answer:

OP said it will be schedule 1 now, how does that differ from where it was before? Was it just completely legal in the U.S., or was it controlled to some extent?

Even simpler way of putting it: What would be likely to happen to you if you got caught with it now (or after the ban), vs. what would have happened before?

Last edited:
What the hell, I just found this shit tryin not to stick needles in my arms anymore...fucking bullshit, goddamned horseshit! This has been the only thing other than suboxone, which is bullshit on its own, pushed by Big Pharma, that has helped. I'm not even needing to take it every day and I don't feel like I need it everyday like opiates. Man, I'm very saddened by this

Bit of a silly question here, but I'm curious (never used kratom) and I think it will be simple enough to answer:

OP said it will be schedule 1 now, how does that differ from where it was before? Was it just completely legal in the U.S., or was it controlled to some extent?

Even simpler way of putting it: What would be likely to happen to you if you got caught with it now (or after the ban), vs. what would have happened before?

Now it's completely legal if you got caught with it, compared with doing serious time in prison after it's Schedule I. Life imprisonment is even possible in the case of selling.

What the hell, I just found this shit tryin not to stick needles in my arms anymore...fucking bullshit, goddamned horseshit! This has been the only thing other than suboxone, which is bullshit on its own, pushed by Big Pharma, that has helped. I'm not even needing to take it every day and I don't feel like I need it everyday like opiates. Man, I'm very saddened by this

I'm exactly the same....This is going to screw a lot of people. Kratom is a miracle drug for me.

I wouldn't wish suboxone dependence and withdrawal on my worst enemy. I know why people take suboxone for an extended period of time, but I still shake my head at that. I've only taken it for a week at a time. For long term users, I know you're supposed to "taper" but I suspect people end up being on it for years because even with a taper, it's still probably hard for a lot of people. Thankfully, I've never had to go through that. I think even after you taper, you're still looking at about 2 weeks worth of withdrawal - not as intense as H withdrawal, but still no picnic.

I was on suboxone for two years, did a tapper on my own cuz the docs didn't know how to get me off the shit, it was stupid. Kratom was tough at first, an adjustment to administration, I found applesauce the best. But again, I don't feel like I need it everyday like anything else. I've struggled with opiates(mostly heroin) for almost 13years, kratom has allowed me to go about everyday day life without feeling overwhelmed by depression or the need to use. This just sucks....onward I suppose...

I'm just extremely upset over this.

This stuff helped with my anxiety and depression better than anything else and it provides the best high I know of while still leaving me functional.

This. Kratom kills my anxiety and depression, and I have it bad. I'm fairly treatment-resistant too and I've been in pretty bad shape for a long time. Nothing else works. It makes me feel human. At the moment, kratom is really the only bright spot in my life. It's like an oasis in the desert. I don't know what I'm going to do now.

I was devastated when I heard the news. Ive been taking kratom for a few months now after a relapse on heroin.

It really is a God sent herb. It's helped me so much with not only curbing my cravings for heroin and other drugs, but it helps me with my pain... and gives me energy so I can wake up and be optimistic in the morning. I struggle from serious depression and anxiety. I almost had a panic attack this morning looking at my bag of kratom... realizing that soon I will probably never see it again... that when I have a panic attack or need energy in the morning... I'll be absolutely shit out of luck. Caffeine makes me feel edgy and anxious, alcohol makes me sick... kratom and weed are all I still use. Even weed can make me paranoid and anxious... which is when I take kratom with it to calm me down.

Before I got back on kratom, I had no energy... I had to drag myself through work... where id be irritable... want to literally lay on the ground and fall asleep... etc. Wanting to quit my job every day and would hardly make it through work... once back on kratom it almost made work... dare I say it, enjoyable? Id be talking to customers... happy, and pain free...

I literally am devastated that this happened... all I can say is FUCK THE DEA! FASCIST FUCKS.

I literally haven't posted on BL in months because I've tried to distance myself from drugs and drug talk in general after I went to rehab for meth and heroin. Though after finding out about the kratom ban I almost needed to come back on just to wallow in my sorrow with all my other fellow BLers who are going to deeply suffer from this ban.

It wasn't scheduled , totally legal
The class 1 is all they can put it into under an " emergency scheduling " - that gives them up to 3 years to look into what schedule it will end up in , but sch 1 is the only option for emerg. Scheduling .......

Yes, works unbelievably well for opi. W/D ..... Sad to see this , very sad

I dont use Kratom but so many others rely on it for help -- did you hear about some of the Crohn's disease cases?

I recommend people start learning about what is called Reversing Spells, Reversing Rituals, the Spiritual Concept of Reversing -- Its a method to cause criminals and evil people to have their evil reversed back to them, so that any harm, suffering, damage and destruction they cause others is instead or also reversed back to them to cause them the same amount of harm and damage that they cause others.

Instead of just getting people organized with petitions and advocating, also have thousands do Reversing Spells on the all people involved in Authoritarian action that steals Health-Freedom and causes pain, suffering, harm & destruction. Reversing is all about selectively reversing anything that is wrong, evil and of harm back to the evil doers. Its pressing Spiritual Charges and Spiritually prosecuting and making it so that evil actions cause the evil-doer to automatically curse themselves, because their harm and evil is reversed back to them.

have thousands of people do reversing spells/prayers instead of just ask "please dont do this" -- no one can protest against reversing because it only affects that which is evil and wrong and reverses it back to the evil doers.

The DEA & others are extremely wicked authoritarians that in many cases cause more damage and suffering than compared to child-abuse, because often its worse for a person to suffer a horrible condition with no treatment than it would have been to be abused as a child a thousand times. A sad analogy to have to use to get the point across, as all forms of abuse are bad and would preferably not have to be compared in total amount of suffering.

everything you do or try will fail with evil psychopathic authoritarians, except if you are able to set up a punishment & deterrent. its a mistake for some petition or something to end up super popular with 2 million signatures and it not be a reversing spell with 2 million minds and wills behind that reversing spell. They arent going to care about anything except that which causes vote losses for the elected ones and that which has a backlash effect to cause the same amount of suffering and evil reversed back to the evil-doer. Hold Prayer groups that pray all pending and future authoritarian action automatically be reversed back to the people involved and cause them to be self-cursed ; them cursing themselves due to a mirror energy put in place.