• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Painful One - you are a kindred spirit! I like that approach and I will just wait until then. I have nothing to lose if I'm ok with being alone. They say it's when you're not looking so I'll test that theory.

Much love and light to you my friend!

-SweetLeaf7

Here I am. Almost 24 hours into cold fucking turkey from about 120 mg/day of oxy. I have no more pills and no way to get more. So far, the Loperamide is totally working. I took two doses of 30 mg each yesterday. This morning I have taken 20 mg. I feel foggy and I am sneezing out of control but that seems to be the worst of my withdrawls so far.
I did a LOT of yard work yesterday. And then fell asleep for an hour or so. Then I could not sleep at night, so I got up and got drunk. I think part of how crappy I feel right now is due to that. I havent had alcohol in a long time. It was not very enjoyable and I think I am paying for it now.
Man I really miss my pills.

I can feel we are kindred spirits indeed my sister! Much love and Light to you also.
Sending you tons of love, may it surround you always and hold you through these tough times we are having.
They won't last forever. Keep your head up.

To be a rock and not to roll!!

Squeaky, oh man brother, I feel for you. How long do you have to wait without pills? Or are you going to try and stay off them?
Be careful with the loperamide. You know I was all for it but I have changed my mind. That stuff almost killed me this last time.
I used about 75-90 pills over three days and I got so sick and I am still in withdrawal badly from the Loperamide!
Got my medication but 75 mg MS Contin a day is not covering the Lope withdrawal.

What a weird drug. It poisoned me and believe me, I know what poisoning feels like. I threw out ever last one of those pills and will never touch it again. It didn't save me from the withdrawals this time either and now I'm still suffering. Who knows how long.

Yeah and drinking with that stuff. Whew! You are going to have a rough day(s). Take it easy. Flush your body with water, water, water, and more water and didn't I mention drinking water?! :)

Sending you support and love!

Memo for Squeaky:

In case you are too sick to remember- weed helps!

Lol! I am teasing ShroomySatori here!!

Here I am. Almost 24 hours into cold fucking turkey from about 120 mg/day of oxy. I have no more pills and no way to get more. So far, the Loperamide is totally working. I took two doses of 30 mg each yesterday. This morning I have taken 20 mg. I feel foggy and I am sneezing out of control but that seems to be the worst of my withdrawls so far.
I did a LOT of yard work yesterday. And then fell asleep for an hour or so. Then I could not sleep at night, so I got up and got drunk. I think part of how crappy I feel right now is due to that. I havent had alcohol in a long time. It was not very enjoyable and I think I am paying for it now.
Man I really miss my pills.

Squeaky: Careful with the alcohol! I have made this mistake during countless oxy quits (200+ mg/day habit). There is always kratom which works wonders if you want to go that route. I've decided it's the lesser of two evils vs alcohol.

Good to know the lope is working for you. I hate constipation so I have never take more than 6 mg at a time.

I have done the Loperamide route before, but only to help taper way down to help stretch my prescription for a week or so. There is no doubt it takes a day or two to really start working, and about a week to completely leave when I stop. It seems to block the path for the opiates and then stays stuck there in the way for 2 or 3 days after you stop.
Thank you PainfulOne. I have never been a fan of weed. Drinking was s mistake. Getting drunk was fun, but my hangover isnt worth it.
Constipation is nothing for me. It really sucks, and hurts, but Im used to it. Been going only about every 7-10 days for over a year now. Im a gold-medalist at pooping rocks.

Last edited:
Well constipation is far from the problem now.

Just be careful is all. This is miserable too. Starting to really feel a lot better though. It has been a week now.
I am feeling better.

I hope the hangover clears up quick and you are doing alright.

Thanks PainfulOne. Im glad to hear youre getting better. The Loperamide is working better now for me. I tried this without lope a couple of times and I was absolutely miserable. I only made it a few hours before I caved in.

I forgot who asked, but my plan is to be 10 days off the opiates when I see my PM doc. Im going to get my prescription and lock it up for a couple of weeks. I do have pain from the screws in my back, but I want a life beyond an addiction to pills. I also don?t want to NOT have maintained my relationship with my Dr and the prescriptions I am getting in case I need them in the future. I hope to stash some pills for the future.

Hello there, PainfulOne, Squeaky and ShroomySatori. I started reading this thread several months ago and have read through the whole thing, and it now feels like I know all of you intimately! Strange how you can develop such a connection just through reading someone's posts on a forum.

Anyways, I felt the need to create an account, and interact with you. You guy's insights and ups and downs have been of great support to me, on my own journey. I'm on 60 mgs of oxycodone a day, have been for two years. I live with a chronic illness that has cost me over 10 operations (mostly brain, couple of back and one abdomen) from 2016-2017, and has left me with bad daily headaches. I'm finding it harder and harder to adequately control the pain with the dosage I've been on for two years; enter, tapering. There is no opioid crisis in my country, but since I'm only 22, doctors are loath to increase dosages, since this is pain I'm most likely stuck with for life.

Anyways, I wanted to create an account, and say thank you to all of you! Your stories have helped me immensely!

Squeaky, we're rooting for you! CT sucks, but it's not permanent, you've come trough alive before. Try to view the break as a positive, gaining control, losing tolerance. Good idea maintaining the Dr relationship, a stockpile is never a bad idea!

I dunno if you've tried this before, but Neurontin (gabapentin) or Lyrica (pregabalin) has been known to practically erase withdrawal for some folks. I know moderate doses of lope and neurontin helped me out quite a lot through one CT. Just a suggestion, i know these gaba-drugs are something a lot of people with chronic pain either have on hand, or have easy access to.

Wow! What a nice message to read!
Thanks and welcome RiversOfAvalon!

I am so happy to hear this thread has helped you! That feels great!

So sorry to hear you are also going through these types of problems. It just crushes me to hear you are enduring so much at such a young age. I am happy you joined us though!

Much love to you
❤️

RiversofAvalon- I have tons of Lyrica. I wish it worked. It really only gives me a hangover. Thank you for the suggestion though.
My experience is that oxy just practically stops working after a while. Then you need more. At your age you have one hell of a fight ahead if you dont find a solution.

Memo for Squeaky:

In case you are too sick to remember- weed helps!

Lol! I am teasing ShroomySatori here!!

Squeaky man you got a good reaction to the herb man? It is worth a try mmj has evolved to something ridiculous. My GP (I don't go to pain clinics anymore, too risky) refuses to prescribe me a single 10mg ER oxy. She immediately brought up tolerance and how they don't work long term and how I need more and more and it's just a mess. I'm already in that mess with benzos I can't go back to another one.

As the dose escalates, side effects increase and benefits decrease. Analgesic effects take longer to come on, they don't last very long at all, and then withdrawal comes on harder and faster over time. Because the dose is higher new side effects arise. It might take 5 or 10 years but eventually they stop working completely and not only that, because completely infeasible to use even as prescribed. The testosterone problems should really not be underestimated. That is a serious long term effect. They do work (I'd say manage, over work or treat) for some people but not really ever for anyone who has an underlying addiction type of thing.

So my doctor reminded me of all the negative aspects of opiates that are not in my life anymore and I was really happy she did that, I agree completely. She just told me, that this tells her how much pain I am in and now they are doing more imaging and stuff. And, I got prescribed weed like a huge amount and to grow like 30 plants legally if I register so that is awesome. So my doctor will give me like a quarter pound of weed to smoke a month max. But she will not give me a single 10mg ER oxycodone.

I like this more. As for me I am at just about 3 and a half months and still don't feel right. Doing better though I guess. 10mg oxy a day would have ruined me I'd take them all at once and then start sniffing smack which is really what I have been cravings and hard. Sucks that even this much longer later it is still fucking with me but I should better manage my life in general so shit like this doesn't happen. I want to feel that natural energy again and spring out of bed. Sucks.

Man CT will take a lot out of you physically. Then even if you are tapering man I feel like it could be worse symptoms, slower to recover. This is my experience anyway I'd avoid CT if you can until you have prepared to try it that way long term since it will only be worse next time and there will be a next time until exposure to the drug is completely stopped. Hope you are not in CT too bad that shit can be hell on earth.

Last edited:
Don't give up that easy SweetLeaf7. Believe me, I am scared too and I am sorry to hear you have not had a good experience with the online dating.

The online dating seems kinda sketchy but I think you should keep trying. Look at it as an interview. It is going to take some time to find an acceptable candidate and even more time and effort to find real love. Don't give up though. I loved it when you said you had lost weight and were feeling so good about yourself and wanted to date again. I had a good, strong, psychic impression that you would indeed succeed in finding love.

Although it is true that you need nothing else besides you.
We always have love with us. We are our true soul mate.
We need some physical contact and affection.
I feel like it is starting to effect my health actually.

I am going about it a different way... I am actually trying to magnetically attract myself my match and I will wait.

Sweetleaf that was a smart defense mechanism on that date.

I can see myself being a good husband-wife team one day. I have been meeting a lot of women lately through my volunteer work since it's me with a volunteer hot chick working together it is the best way to meet girls I can think of right now. Most of them are recent post-secondary education graduates or in school so a little younger and they all go to hot yoga enough times a week to justify working a shift for it. Of course, the one I find the most attractive is the one I randomly ran into 3 of the past 4 days there and she has been gossiping about me to the other girls. Since I met her with two of her friends. K I'm already cracking up cause I know they have talked about me in this way.

They are pretty much all horny girls in their early / mid 20's potential great matches for me, lol. I have been so pissed off because I refuse to go to bars like for drinking nights and I don't hang out with friends anymore at least nowadays it totally sucks, so how do I meet girls with no social life or more work? Well, this is great. Since it's like a community of friends, 95% hot girls and then me. K if I can't get myself laid now I am a lost cause in life and the fear-and-drug-obsessed genetics will die out. Now I am thinking about what they are saying about me just for kicks. There are enough of them haha times 100. I was warned about this gossiping. I didn't realize that it's sooo silly because it's such a cliquey thing. There are teachers, and volunteers, and receptionists and it's like which one are they scheming should ride me first lol but seriously I can't follow through with anything. I am working on that. It is the magnetic state and everything slows down to a low frequency and it is her and I and nothing else. When that happens I tend to shy away it is happening more though and I'm not. Cause I know how good these two hot yoga girls would be I don't get why the attention comes from the girls I think are crazy hot. I do though I just don't want to say it. I am holistic like them, but a fucking punk, that somehow got away with so much shit and with a good degree (they don't know about that, I don't like talking myself up it's just stupid but the one brunette asked so. Word will spread LOL. and also a straight up creative I'm always dressing different and doing random shit with my hair and stuff the way I think and talk is like I'm communicating from another dimension. I dunno I'm just different everyone tells me that. Its not necessarily a good thing but I don't think I'd actually want to be normal. It would be way too easy. When I get my hands on one of these foxes... lol. Kinda feel sorry for poor girl ahah maximum horniness at this age and also coming off opiates even more of a disaster.

I think there are a lot of reasons for that which I don't care about. I am really stoned by the way or just laughing I guess fuck I haven't even had my morning coffee yet. No wonder I am procrastinating.

I volunteered so my family would stop offering to pay for it each month since I practice for free for this. Always always happens when I'm not thinking about it and also it always happens with someone I don't think it is going to happen with and not someone I think it is.

I have heard crazy stories about online dating lol like people with multiple identities on there and stuff but it can work, has for a cousin for sure.

I find it begins to happen (if only it ends up happ) when I stop thinking about it. And start being confident for fucks sakes like how can I not be right now. And I realized the girls gossip at yoga and I made one new friend on my shift this past week who is a lovely girl and I know has gossiped about me and all this drama lol well I met her 4 times ago and ran into her 3 times already (magnetism? or quantum teleportation maybe? or the position of the planet Venus relative to the moon, the earth, and the sun? anyways point is she is adorable I won't have trouble with this for much longer.

I get attention from the ones I am most attracted to it is irritating like that. But I am just figuring this out, even if I got a date I'd need to know how to go on one lol. I do know that. This will happen to me if I keep off the opiates I'm having cravings though. I'd hate to relapse just before the summer seriously worst time ever to relapse. I just endured the harsh winter without them.

Yeah painful one it is magnetism that is what I'm saying. I think I should keep going to yoga. lol. You are saying silly things I agree with you that you only need yourself to be happy well because it's true. I'm feeling happy right now, in this moment. Let's get real though I am pretty much in need of hot sex right now for my mental and physical well being. I have talked to enough girls I started being less shy last Autumn when I did a lot of 2cc while getting clean. Now I am keeping it going, it is just a think to learn. I have to re-learn easy things, this is something more new to me. I went there to find peace and solace during acute oxy withdrawals and then went with it and never looked back, I love it. Volunteered cause it's expensive as hell and I'd rather vigorously clean for a few hours once a week and have more weed.

I am too damn busy now to worry about women now the yoga girls can figure that part out I'm just need to keep my mind clear. I know what to do lol I'm burnt out half the time stoned the other half and especially when I go to yoga like I'm there for myself. To exercise. It just so happens that attractive women like a lot of the same things as me because they are healthy and for some reason they pay attention to me. I suppose I have to acknowledge that they might like me. I'm just a fuckin punk lol but like I'm a girly boy too a little (brunette chick says not at all when I made a joke about this) . It's just like I can converse with them about all these things most guys wouldn't have a damn clue about. But then I am also by no means a pussy. It makes for an exciting balance of extremes. The one teacher is always like hiiii blondie it really cracks me up. Apparently they call me the blonde guy. I dress for yoga like I'm dressing for a date lol. I will never step foot in there not showered and looking good.

This shit is too funny to me all I need are a few girls to talk to or have in mind. I didn't have that during detox I was to fucked up to think straight and I just wasn't reliable or sane. People try to help I can't focus enough to listen. 3 months pass by and I wake up like from some kind of fucked up fucking nightmare. Never could have met someone in that state but now I probably could. Like it's pretty fuckin obvious why this is a problem for me I am realizing. I never made any effort before and there were a lot of reasons for that which I also don't care about. I care about that fucking cute little brunette fox but see now that I mentioned it, I will end up with someone else haha. I don't like having someone on my mind like this. Unless we are already close. But yeah... I have put so much effort into worrying about this over nothing and also caused so many problems for myself. Lonely is bad but yeah like just having a couple girls in mind who I know have been flirting and gossiping and all this about me is enough right now. To follow up with that, I mean. haha for once I kind of want to be a little promiscious that brunette fox though... she has been going there 6 years and I didn't realize it when we were working but she seems chill and fun too.

Things never work out the way I want them to, just an example of that. Well, writing done. I am 14 weeks clean pretty much. Going to pick up my book and I wrote a to-do list on my new whiteboard before I got stoned cause otherwise I forget I have to do stuff.

Way easier to meet girls in the right setting I haven't had any sort of reasonable setting for a long time and I'm too passive to approach people I don't know which can also be sketch. Networking is important. Hell I am getting Facebook not online dating personally. I don't want to but I have to give in now if you can't beat em I guess it's sometimes okay to join em. If it's for hot yoga girl. haha. It's better to join a community of foxes, as a fashionably and creatively attired punk blondie I stand out to these girls apparently and also it's hard work and I'm there all the time.

I stopped mentioning girls like before for a while because there isn't any point it always ends up being unpredictable I am catching on though and I don't think there will be many issues in my life other than ongoing drug problems. I can't stop fiending weed and I am stuck on benzos.

Last edited:
I cannot recommend trying mmj enough although I have been a stoner since my life was that of a skateboard crew stoner posse member when I was 15 and I fiend those bong tokes they keep me sane so my judgement is a little skewed. Definitely worth a try, and tolerance isn't really an issue with it or supply. How it works for me is taking my mind of the pain it doesn't make it go away but changes my perception. It can take some adjusting like I have to smoke it habitually for a little bit to get good medical effects. It synergizes with opiates I think same dose opiate + weed = more pain relief, easier taper.

Start of day three ct right now and I feel pretty normalish. Just a little achy and lethargic. The Loperamide is wirking like magic.

Haha! Sorry squeaky, I know you don't like the marijuana. I was teasing ShroomySatori by leaving you a memo about it because he left one for me and it gave me a great , much needed laugh. ShroomySatori is right about the medical cannabis being different though. I never liked weed either but they have some delightful and very helpful strains now.

I sure hope I never get sick enough to not remember that weed helps. Lol!

Glad to hear the loperamide is working its magic for you and you are somewhat comfortable. Maybe that is what I did wrong this last time is not let it build up for some days before going cold turkey but I just can't take that stuff with my liver being under meditation, imagery rebuilding.

Plus, it seems to block my MS Contin for days and days and up's my tolerance so it is not worth it for me. I'm just not going to run out of medication again.

You know the MS Contin has been working for me at the same dosage for over ten years now. It has only been this last year that I have had any problems with days short. It still works for pain control. It does not loose its effectiveness so much as it seems the oxycodone does.

Haha ShroomySatori! You go get your love! That is not exactly the kind of Magnetism I was referring too but that is a start.
Something happened to me during my Near Death Experience that I can't quite explain. I broke the chains and am a free creator now.
I'm just testing out some amazing things is all!

Sweetleaf7- I agree that you did a good job getting rid of that terrible date. Make sure you always meet new people in a very public setting for your safety my dear friend. Maybe you and I can find an all hot male yoga class and go together! HA!

❤️ You guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.